All-Star Csp Tweet: No More Travelling For Cea Teams.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

think about the money her level 5 teams are spending this year. they went to Battle at the Big Top, Indy, Cheersport, Nca, UCa, Champions league & whatever else i'm forgetting.
Heck, i can save her money. Just cut out all those comps.
At my gym we pick one fly comp. per year & make the rest within driving distance.
problem solved....:cheering:

Did I miss something? I didn't think her post had anything to do with Stay to Play.

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."
That's was what I was thinking. I hate to be "that" person, but my initial thought was that this was a way to get out of going to NCA next year since she expressed her dislike with that comp already, but making it seem like there is another reason. I never saw anything from her in regards to stay to play, but then again I don't follow her or feel the need to check every post she makes. I'm not saying this is the case at all, and I hope I am wrong.

That's was what I was thinking. I hate to be "that" person, but my initial thought was that this was a way to get out of going to NCA next year since she expressed her dislike with that comp already, but making it seem like there is another reason. I never saw anything from her in regards to stay to play, but then again I don't follow her or feel the need to check every post she makes. I'm not saying this is the case at all, and I hope I am wrong.
I mean, she did post this:

Courtney Smith-Pope on Twitter: "It's been fun since 1998!Where I come from...Champions have to hit"

And she's not the only gym owner/coach that felt that way about this past weekend.

Agreed! It's almost 10 hours each way from Kernersville to Orlando. Not sure how that's a benefit to families. It adds a day on either side of any competition to drive that far and I bet gas is more than a flight. I think this is being put out there but she's left herself an out.
Most of her athletes don't live in kville (it has like two stop lights, remember the CL movie clips?) and a good number live in Charlotte. Not only is Orlando drive able (like 8ish hours) it's an EASY 8ish hours. I actually don't mind that drive at all, nor does anyone else around here. NC folks make that drive a lot. It's one of those that seems shorter than it is. And if you drive with friends it's actually s fun trip and everyone must IG from the Florida welcome center with their free OJ :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think she was just using the STP to put a witty spin on what she was saying. Y'all have to realize KVille is not Beverly Hills, most of her families are blue collar trying to piece enough money together for their kid to keep going. I really don't think kids from KVille will all of a sudden drive 2 hours because they want to fly more. And CA is traditionally more conservative with travel so don't think it will impact much except make her customers happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there are much better reasons to choose CA over CEA (and, to be fair, vice versa) than whether NCA is on the schedule. The cultures of the two programs are pretty markedly different.

In her defense, NCA was probably the worst it has been in years in terms of value (higher cost, stay to play, unsanitary overcrowded venue, non-existent cell service, etc.). I will be surprised if those don't improve, but I can certainly understand why people wouldn't want to return after this year.

Last edited:
Does CEA do any Jam competitions? If not, I won't if they'll add one for the potential money to win.

I think the smaller gyms in the southeast might be dreading this development. The Worlds teams will certainly have to compete at the larger bid competitions, but I wonder if this means we will see more of CEA at the smaller, regional competitions. We don't usually see them at those comps and it will certainly raise the bar for the teams that make these comps their bread and butter.

Our old gym did this for a season and it didn't really go over very well. The gym added more one day, local comps and cut back the 2-days to, I think, only 2 that were in driving distance. Each team got to go to one mega comp (Jamfest, Cheersport or NCA). Although we did save a fair bit of money the parents missed the grownup time spent at each competition and the following season the schedule reverted back. I appreciated the owners attempt to cut our expenses, but it took out a lot of the fun for us parents.

Back