All-Star Curling Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I use sponge rollers with end papers and some extreme hold blue gel. Use about 60-70 in cp's pony, tie it with a bandana, and let her sleep with it overnight. I make sure the pony is high enough so it doesn't bother her sleeping. In the morning i take it all out and it's usually super curly, I pull on them to loosen them a little and then spray the whole thing with got2B Freeze spray...curls all day long...even had a mom from Cali Smoed compliment my cp on her perfect curls at NCA!
Other kids on our team use one of those wands but I do what I know....

And I've used a. Wand curler. You end up burning your hand about 20 times but the curls look great afterwards

my gym does half up half down with curls... last year i used those dreaded cheer spikes and apparently they arent as common on the east coast as they are on the west coast b/c i got stared at like crazy at Cheersport last year:/ but now i use a curling wand... and even though i burn myself quite frequently, i love the way the curls turn out:) however id still love to have straight high ponytails:p

100_1885_001_001.jpg

We do half up with curls at my cp's gym...They are a pain!!! I have to admit they do look nice once its done but I have spent most the season trying to get right! My daughter hates when it turns out to curly and she looks like Shirley Temple..lol!

Our Gym does half up/ half down with curls.. But we use Curlformers.. (http://www.curlformers.com/) Does anyone else use these?? I am a coach and am very picky about their hair.. and the curformers make perfect curls and the curls last a long time.. I love them..

I've used these for yearsss, i love them! I shower, curl my hair wet, sleep with them, and wake up the next morning with absolutely perfect curls, i don't even use hair spray. They last alll day, some girls in our gym keep them for day 2 (i'm massively ocd and must have it perfect, so i always re-do them for day 2) But I've had the same set for 4 years, and still work awesome! and they do have different widths and lengths to fit everyone.

I personally don't like the look of half up half down, straight or curly! Idk it just looks messy to me and is sortof distracting to me! I say if you want curly competition hair then why not put it in a ponytail all the way up? I know that it looks cute but at least this way the athletes won't have hair flying in their faces the whole routine. When I was about 6 on minis, my cheer team did two high pigtails and had to sponge roll each of them. It took my mom FORVER to do the night before and it was always a pain to sleep in/have taken out. But anyways lol I say if everyone on the team is fine with curls, why not?! :)

Back