All-Star Curling Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I
Our Gym does half up/ half down with curls.. But we use Curlformers.. (http://www.curlformers.com/) Does anyone else use these?? I am a coach and am very picky about their hair.. and the curformers make perfect curls and the curls last a long time.. I love them..

tried those once, I could not STAND them! They were a pain (literally!) to get in and out, and they just didn't make pretty curls. It's probably because we didn't do it right haha, but if I have to curl my hair, I prefer a god old-fashioned curling iron!

During Cheersport this year I went back to the room at the Omni to chill. I was out on the balcony and noticed a mom and daughter across the way from me curling hair. Went back inside, took a nap for an hour and a half and came back out on the balcony to see them still curling hair. Said a prayer of thanks at that moment that CEA does high straight ponytails and continued on my day. LOL

We love curlformers in my house. They make the most beautiful spiral curls without frizzies. It does take getting the hang of it to put them in, but they last all day even on the most stubborn hair. They are not the most comfortable to sleep in, but it's the price for nice curls. If all the girls used them, I would probably be more apt to like curls. But some just don't put the effort in to make them nice, so if you can't get the look across the team, then just do straight high pony.

During Cheersport this year I went back to the room at the Omni to chill. I was out on the balcony and noticed a mom and daughter across the way from me curling hair. Went back inside, took a nap for an hour and a half and came back out on the balcony to see them still curling hair. Said a prayer of thanks at that moment that CEA does high straight ponytails and continued on my day. LOL

Ahahahaha, this post is hilarious :) Fighting over curls....so NOT fun!

I

tried those once, I could not STAND them! They were a pain (literally!) to get in and out, and they just didn't make pretty curls. It's probably because we didn't do it right haha, but if I have to curl my hair, I prefer a god old-fashioned curling iron!
We had a few girls use curlformers and their hair was the best of the whole team. There were even a few dads that learned how to put them in their hair. If dads can easily learn how than anyone can!

I think curls look good, but they're just not for me haha I like straight pony with a french braid up the back. Keeps all your hair in and you don't even need to us bobby pins :)

I wish I could curl my hair. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to share!

The one time I tried for a comp, I used plastic rollers. Took 2.5 hours to put them in, when we counted at the end, there was 63 of them in my hair. It didn't even curl well.

I guess you could say I have thick hair...

I think curls look good, but they're just not for me haha I like straight pony with a french braid up the back. Keeps all your hair in and you don't even need to us bobby pins :)

thats how I do my hair :) the french braid in the back works sooo good with keeping all the hair in I love it!

My Senior team has been doing straight high pony all season, but this weekend they begged me to let them do half up/ half down soft curls... So I cracked, and their performance scores were noticeably higher. Guess were keeping it. =)

I like the look of curly hair but love my our team wears straight, high ponys. What I don't like to see on any team is hair half up and half down, straight or curly. I find it distracting, I think it looks sloppy, and I think it's dangerous. I always fear girls tumbling on their hair or it getting pulled in stunts.

i dont think that curls them selves makes a diffrence in your score, but i do feel when you compete with them you have more enthusiam and you feel prittyer. When my club dose club wide comps everyone wairs straight ponys (because of cross overs) but when the worlds is the only team competeing we do curls and i perfer to go on stage with curls. they are more dramadic and make you feel prittyer ! :)

which curling iron do you think is the best? I can't find the perfect one, haha

i think the best tool for loose, flowy curls is to use a thin flat iron (i prefer chi or rusk). i think it makes them shinier and gives more bounce. this all depends on hair type and length of course. i generally curl the hair in the morning with hair spray and then pin curl it until its time to take it down. this also helps majorly if you have somewhere to go after the competition and dont want to walk around with cheer hair.

BTW, i HATE straight ponytails, it's too "softball" for me. i think the only team i've seen where straight ponytails and not bother me is stingrays. the hair is obviously shellacked back and the ponytail has been treated to a flat iron for extra shine.

Latest posts

Back