All-Star Curling Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What product do most of you use while curling the hair?? Like gel/hairspray....still trying to figure this curling thing out..haha!

What product do most of you use while curling the hair?? Like gel/hairspray....still trying to figure this curling thing out..haha!

When I curl peoples Hair these are the products I use and mind you I am a hair dresser. While its wet i put biosilk and esculpt from thermfuse ( it is a light hold gel and a thermal protected) and than I dry the hair. While I am curling I use Big Sexy play harder and spray each section before i curl it. Than after i curl it i pin the curl up i do this for each section of hair. I dant bigger sections though 1 to 2 inches by 2 inches. Then put your uniform on and do your make up and your curls will last all day!!!

I really like high curly ponytails... spray is your best friend! Has anyone else tried those curl formers? They look a bit difficult to put in... especially in the back?

Curls look really really goo, but if you're sitting in a humid arena like Worlds or something, they can kinda get ruined. You're better off just straightening curly hair..

My 6 year old CP told me that she wants to be on a team next year without HAIR SPIKES. After 3 seasons of them she HATES them with a passion but she will be wearing them again next year (she belong on her Mini 2 team and has no chance of being placed on another team). She actually told me she would quit if they use them again!!!

Curls don't increase your score but it definitely looks better. Straight hair reminds me of practice. It just adds to your overall look when your hair is done.

I do think curls give a boost of confidence but add another layer of stress to the competition weekend. The girls who are bad with curls are usually just as bad with the straight pony in my experience. Guaranteed those are the ponytails that are always barely brushed/sprayed and fall out with the bow flapping around. I have used the curl formers, they work very well but are tricky at first and you need a lot of them. I have moved on to the Conair Infinity You Curl http://www.target.com/Conair-Infiniti-You-Curl-Red/dp/B003F2T0M4/ref=sc_ri_1?ie=UTF8&node=695155011 It's the cone shape barrel with no clamp to hold the hair. I have to say I love it. It to took a little time to figure out but the curl is so nice. You need to used it with a freeze type hair spray to get the end to grab to the barrel. Warning, I have burnt my finger tips but am getting better. This curling iron is great in civilian life as well and gives that Taylor Swift type curl.

I use this curling iron (buy several at a time and trash them when they get gunky) and set each curl with Got To Be Glued hairspray (yellow can) after it's on the iron, and spray heavily once out of the iron. The curls hold all day in my CP's curl resistant hair. It even worked at UCA nationals last year.

sun77 said:
I use this curling iron (buy several at a time and trash them when they get gunky) and set each curl with Got To Be Glued hairspray (yellow can) after it's on the iron, and spray heavily once out of the iron. The curls hold all day in my CP's curl resistant hair. It even worked at UCA nationals last year.

I use the same curling iron. I curl each lock; spray while it's on the iron then keep it in the iron a little bit longer. I then release the curl and spray it again. I can curl my daughters long ( halfway down her back) hair in less than 30 minutes. It used to take me much much longer but after a few years I'm getting good.

If she is competing early I curl each curl for less time. If she is competing late I do her curls like Shirley Temple in the morning and they are loose and pretty by competition time.

I've tried a lot of hairspray both cheap and expensive and my favorite is $4 at Walmart. It's in a gold colored can and I think it's called Freeze It.

i like the way curls look if they are done the right way. everyone just seems to look better and it seems sometimes when you say straight hair people think natural and dont really put much effort so it turns out to be a sloppy unatractive mess.

Aussie scrunch spray is really good at holding curls, and it might be easier to curl your hair when its not freshly washed.

I use the same curling iron. I curl each lock; spray while it's on the iron then keep it in the iron a little bit longer. I then release the curl and spray it again. I can curl my daughters long ( halfway down her back) hair in less than 30 minutes. It used to take me much much longer but after a few years I'm getting good.

If she is competing early I curl each curl for less time. If she is competing late I do her curls like Shirley Temple in the morning and they are loose and pretty by competition time.

I've tried a lot of hairspray both cheap and expensive and my favorite is $4 at Walmart. It's in a gold colored can and I think it's called Freeze It.

Your daughter sounds just like mine with the long heavy hair, and I use the same technique. When I did the Shirley Temple curls not too long ago 8 hours in advance they fell beautifully by the time she competed. I did have to pull a couple down, but most fell on their own.

I can do several girls in about 2.5 hours now. And they are all asked to not wash it that day, or if they have to wash it that they don't use conditioner.

Back