All-Star Cutting Travel Costs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hah yes but that's why I suffer at work with high schoolers every day. That paycheck will help pay the credit card bills which will pay my other bills while building credit and getting me sky miles!

yes, but if you are going to use your credit card for miles and put all of your expenses on there PLEASE make sure you pay it off every month or else you will end up in big trouble. #beentheredonethat

yes, but if you are going to use your credit card for miles and put all of your expenses on there PLEASE make sure you pay it off every month or else you will end up in big trouble. #beentheredonethat
Don't worry, my budget's outlined already so that shouldn't be a problem! I just wanted people's experiences w/ different sky mile cards too see if one was 'better' than the other.

My mom has a storage bin full of food that we keep in the hotel room. She keeps granola bars, fruit, and all types of snacks in there. In the morning she makes pancakes in the room in a portable griddle. For lunch we always make sandwiches and that way we only buy dinner. Just doing this helps us save a ton of money!

ETA: I guess I'm tired because somewhere in your post I saw you ask for food tips too.. I guess im just hungry. Ignore above.

ooh Pancakes can also be made on the quesadilla maker- and they sell those small shaker containers- which can be pricey BUT if you get them on sale and then rinse out and reuse would be a time and cost saver-

Capitol one credit card is good for any airline and hotels...some of the cards are more than 1 pt per dollar spent.

It's made me start thinking about what we can cook in the hotel rooms with little to no effort on our part. The only things I've ever done was make sausage biscuits at home, freeze them, let them thaw on the way to DC then warmed up in the microwave.

Just wondering what y'all think would be the best appliance to take with you.. Plug in griddle? Toaster? Microwave? Crock Pot? Quesodilla Maker (SP)? Are there any good one's I'm missing?

It's made me start thinking about what we can cook in the hotel rooms with little to no effort on our part. The only things I've ever done was make sausage biscuits at home, freeze them, let them thaw on the way to DC then warmed up in the microwave.

Just wondering what y'all think would be the best appliance to take with you.. Plug in griddle? Toaster? Microwave? Crock Pot? Quesodilla Maker (SP)? Are there any good one's I'm missing?

the griddle you could make almost anything.. pancakes, eggs, bacon, grilled cheese, hamburgers or hotdogs, etc.

similar to the griddle my mom has a "panini maker" which you can close and cook paninis or quesadillas, or the top and bottom open flat to create a griddle, and it comes with interchangeable plates that you can change the flat griddle into a grill (second plate has the grooves of a grill on it)

i can cook almost anything in a crock pot with a little adaptation, so that'd probably be my appliance of choice.

Yes! Sign up for all the hotel & airline rewards programs! They seriously pay off!
My dad travels every week for work, and he gets SO many points for flying and staying at hotels that we literally don't pay for hotels anymore.
This past April my mom took me to worlds. We stayed at a Hilton Garden Inn for free on points, and our flights were nearly free. We had a 150 dollar voucher that paid for well over half my moms ticket, and my ticket was a free buddy pass that my dad receives every year for being a Platinum US Airways member.
Oh and once you work your way up to Platinum, when there's extra first class seats, you get automatically upgraded for FREE. ;)

the griddle you could make almost anything.. pancakes, eggs, bacon, grilled cheese, hamburgers or hotdogs, etc.

similar to the griddle my mom has a "panini maker" which you can close and cook paninis or quesadillas, or the top and bottom open flat to create a griddle, and it comes with interchangeable plates that you can change the flat griddle into a grill (second plate has the grooves of a grill on it)

i can cook almost anything in a crock pot with a little adaptation, so that'd probably be my appliance of choice.
I think we need to have an official Fierceboard stamp of approval on all aforementioned appliances. *Highly recommended for hotel room cooking during cheer competitions * or something to that effect.

My mom travels ALOT for her work. (Minneapolis, LA, and Chicago at least once a month.) She has a delta skymiles card and almost everywhere i've traveled by plane i have gotten to go for free.

My mom gets Hampton inn rooms for free all the time with her points. She will take her entire band on a trip and receives all the points from their rooms. They also overbooked once and since she was a member, upgraded her to an executive suite.

Oh, just thought of this. If you work for a larger company, or you are a state employee, make sure you check your employee benefits. Sometimes there are travel & hotel discounts that we hear about during orientation and tend to forget rather quickly. Or sometimes it's a new perk you didn't even hear about.

Also, one of the dads on CP's team managed to find a backpack cooler. Looks just like a backpack, he stuffs it with snacks. Very handy!

Back