All-Star Dear Judges, Please Don't Write....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can appreicate that judging is difficult, there is a reason I stepped back and didn't want to do it any more... but i EXPECT my teams to receive good, fair and unbiased INTELLIGENT judging at events I PAY to take my teams to. There is never an excuse for judges to be lazy, nasty, or uneducated .... NO excuse.

I agree. We are paying good money to attend this event that should have experienced, well qualified judges. I dont want to read another score sheet and have to ask why they would tell me to work on my scales when my level one team didnt have them anywhere in their routine.

i often wonder if sometimes they used the wrong score sheet for the wrong team like maybe got the teams mixed up or something

Shouldn't there be an education and certification program for judges? It seems like you should know the legalities and stunt definitions before you start to tell someone else how to do it, but maybe I'm just expecting too much :p

can you please explain were in the rules this is allowed

Level 2 Pyramids:
A. Pyramids must follow Level 2 "Stunts" and "Dismounts" rules and are allowed up to 2 high.
B. Top persons must receive primary support from a base.
Clarification: Anytime a top person is released by the bases during a pyramid transition, the top person must land in a
cradle or dismount to the performing surface.

I realize this... But that isn't what this judge meant, trust me. It was a whole day of judges not knowing what they were looking at. No worries though, our owner is gonna write a letter, haha!

It sounds like you didn't have a great time at this event, however, this gets written on plenty of scoresheets and is telling you exactly what can be done to boost your score...sort of the thing that more people are looking to happen here. There may be other comments that aren't correct, but this one is very clear on what can be done to boost your score.

It sounds like you didn't have a great time at this event, however, this gets written on plenty of scoresheets and is telling you exactly what can be done to boost your score...sort of the thing that more people are looking to happen here. There may be other comments that aren't correct, but this one is very clear on what can be done to boost your score.

You weren't there and didn't see my scoresheets or my team. This judge gave us full points in standing tumbling. Clearly she simply didn't understand the rules. Thanks though.

Someone asked about how judges are selected for The Cheerleading Worlds Most cheer companies are asked to submit a list of Judges they feel will be best for The Cheerleading Worlds and then The Cheerleading Worlds selects who they would like to give a spot to.

Yes this is correct and I believe you have to be on 3 different companies list.

One time we competed at an event and we got called to the stand for warning.. talked to the head judge who literally said he blinked and wasnt quite sure if what we did was illegal or not so he was just going to give us a warning for the day!!! haha so nice of them.

So, just from someone trying to learn, what exactly are you looking for judges to write on your score sheets. If you all want comments that are unique, then can I have some examples of good comments. I'm just having a difficult time coming up with things I could say about a routine to help boost their score that doesn't sound so generic.

So, just from someone trying to learn, what exactly are you looking for judges to write on your score sheets. If you all want comments that are unique, then can I have some examples of good comments. I'm just having a difficult time coming up with things I could say about a routine to help boost their score that doesn't sound so generic.

Please dont write "fix 'X' skill" when that specific skill isnt even in the routine. That is my biggest issue. I then spend the day wondering if this judge even watched my team?

I usually write "strongest section" and "weakest section" next to where it applies.
Sometimes coaches get so used to looking at their own routine they don't know what section to work on and what one to leave alone.

Half the time we get crazy comments of things that either did not happen in the routine or that did and they totally missed it. Oh another one....... try doing multiple jumps in jump section. We do pike then triple toe touch. Mini level 1 once again.
It makes us totally laugh and think, where the heck did these judges come from.

Latest posts

Back