All-Star December 2015 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

gssa oregon dream team day 1

Why does the boy flyer have shorts, and the rest of the boys pants? I understand it might be because he is a flyer, and the girls wear skirts that are short, but next to the other boys it looks out of place. Also I'm completely supportive of boys who want to fly, but they have to be in the centre for stunts and pyramid otherwise it just feels unbalanced to me.

Why does the boy flyer have shorts, and the rest of the boys pants? I understand it might be because he is a flyer, and the girls wear skirts that are short, but next to the other boys it looks out of place. Also I'm completely supportive of boys who want to fly, but they have to be in the centre for stunts and pyramid otherwise it just feels unbalanced to me.

You have to be able to grab your flyers ankles. My coaches won't let us stunt unless the flyer has shorts on. That's probably the same reason teams who have girls in pants are still capris. :) If he had regular pants it would be super hard, especially since they're really wide at the bottom. I actually liked that he wasn't centre just because he's a boy, but they put the stunts up as they though fit, regardless of gender!

Agree. Your eyes automatically draw to the male flyer and you miss the rest of the routine.

I actually disagree with you I think male flyers are great but being center flyer is a very coveted position and I think it should be assigned based on ability not gender. And hopefully judges are well trained to be able to watch a routine and not be distracted so easily

Last edited:
You have to be able to grab your flyers ankles. My coaches won't let us stunt unless the flyer has shorts on. That's probably the same reason teams who have girls in pants are still capris. :) If he had regular pants it would be super hard, especially since they're really wide at the bottom. I actually liked that he wasn't centre just because he's a boy, but they put the stunts up as they though fit, regardless of gender!
I understand the safety aspect, but if he's wearing shorts I think all boys need to wear shorts. very distracting.

I actually disagree with you I think male flyers are great but being center flyer is a very coveted position and I think it should be assigned based on ability not gender. And hopefully judges are well trained to be able to watch a routine and not be distracted so easily

We all know that all judges aren't well trained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand the safety aspect, but if he's wearing shorts I think all boys need to wear shorts. very distracting.

At first it was a bit distracting in person but I got over it quickly. Maybe it's different live vs video. But my gosh, does that boy get some air in one of his baskets! I thought he was going to hit the ceiling!

i think everybody on here knows my feeling about the subject of boy flyers. I feel like they should be able to stunt and fly just as much as the girls.. I rather see a smaller boy fly than see him do nothing other than tumble and maybe frontspot a toss or two. And in the subject matter of shorts or long pants. me for one was a little distracted by the shorts but its up to them. do they feel like its safer for him to wear shorts then he should wear shorts. yes its a bit distracting but if they dont get judges comments on that then they should not care. And in the fact that hes not centred.. he should not be centred just because he is a boy. he should be centred because of him being the best flyer on the team. i looked at him more than the others yeah i did but only because of him being fierce and the fact that i do love boy flyers.

@Cheermom1969, Wow, I really enjoyed your daughter's squad... These young people are so good, and it is still early in the season... I like the stunts and how the flyers were dropped low and immediately pushed straight up into their movements and the flyers were all so flexible...LOVE this District 3 routine and will be watching to see more of them... Bravo!!!

@Cheermom1969, Wow, I really enjoyed your daughter's squad... These young people are so good, and it is still early in the season... I like the stunts and how the flyers were dropped low and immediately pushed straight up into their movements and the flyers were all so flexible...LOVE this District 3 routine and will be watching to see more of them... Bravo!!!

My daughter isn't on that team. Hopefully next year. :). I just think the routine is pretty cool and knew people would love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back