High School Del Val Cheer Program

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Welp here is the definitive answer ... I'm sad for Kimmy and the team!
Parent, alumnae upset over Del Val's cheerleading coach decision | Letters | NJ.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a bummer, this team was the one I looked up to back when I cheered in high school and still look to now as a coach. Great athletes all around, hopefully she gets snatched up ASAP by another program, though I don't know if she'll have any desire to coach a team other than the one she's worked so hard on the past ten years.

On an unrelated note, I love the mom that stood up for the old coach, but I hate the phrase "As a...taxpayer of this community". Yes, you are important, and your opinions matter and your children come first. However, paying taxes does not automatically make you the boss of all school teachers, administrators, and district representatives. Totally support the rest of what she had to say, though. Wish we could know what the AD and assistant coach had to say that was so cut and dry to get her fired though.

Such a bummer, this team was the one I looked up to back when I cheered in high school and still look to now as a coach. Great athletes all around, hopefully she gets snatched up ASAP by another program, though I don't know if she'll have any desire to coach a team other than the one she's worked so hard on the past ten years.

On an unrelated note, I love the mom that stood up for the old coach, but I hate the phrase "As a...taxpayer of this community". Yes, you are important, and your opinions matter and your children come first. However, paying taxes does not automatically make you the boss of all school teachers, administrators, and district representatives. Totally support the rest of what she had to say, though. Wish we could know what the AD and assistant coach had to say that was so cut and dry to get her fired though.

Yes and yes !
Agree 100% I have heard they are looking for her replacement but NO-ONE will touch it !! And people are picketing at
The school! Wow! A testament of how much she was loved !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It just feels... insidious.

I don't know if it's the same assistant coach, but on the original article her assistant coach said something along the lines of "the athletic director wants to go in a different direction, but what direction that is only he knows" and that he teared up talking about how much he'd miss her. Sincerely hoping it's not the same guy, but who can know.

As a coach, I wouldn't touch that job with a 10 foot pole. I wonder if the AD has someone in mind (or "in his back pocket").

SO sad :( I'm sure other schools will be fighting to snap her up.

The AD being against her didn't shock me (ADs aren't always supportive of cheer), but the assistant coach?!
I noticed that as well. First I've seen or heard about the assistant coach.

As a coach, I wouldn't touch that job with a 10 foot pole. I wonder if the AD has someone in mind (or "in his back pocket").
The assistant coach maybe? Can't imagine why they would team up otherwise.

The new coach was officially hired last week. It'll be interesting to see if the program manages to continue to be successful.

I didn't recognize the name so it has since slipped my mind, but I do know it's a mother of a Phillipsburg HS cheerleader because one of the many arguments that was used to argue her hiring was that she has a conflict of interest because of that. (Which I don't buy, but that is neither here nor there...)

Back