All-Star Disney Do's And Don'ts For Uca , Worlds, Summit

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

well, I can buy 4 (whole family) park to park passes at Universal for the same thing it costs me to buy 3 of the park hoppers for Disney. The last time we were there the kids weren't tall enough to ride the Hulk (including my CP15 who is now 6 feet tall) so they've been pretty vocal that they want to go back. Plus the Harry Potter stuff is all open and I'm really dying to see that.

Oddly my CP13 will probably be less than impressed. She's got a trip to Universal with her school band (literally) the weekend before. The child is doing Orlando 3 times in like 6 weeks.

When it comes to worlds, they'll both have passes through the competition fees so we'll only have to buy the two park hoppers for us. In my mind, I'm saving money....although I truly doubt thats that case.

Anyone know what the daily admission is to UCA? we had park hoppers last year and just breezed in. I'll have to pay that this year for the three of us with the Universal plan.

If you come late enough in the summer you might get lucky, cause the other Harry potter world is suppose to open sometime in the summer over at universal. Then again now thinking cheer season will be over by then. But yes islands of adventure would be the route to take in my opinion. ( I work at IOA as a second job, btw)

If you come late enough in the summer you might get lucky, cause the other Harry potter world is suppose to open sometime in the summer over at universal. Then again now thinking cheer season will be over by then. But yes islands of adventure would be the route to take in my opinion. ( I work at IOA as a second job, btw)
If you get to wear the HP area costume, super jealous. *cough, so much better than Animal Kingdom costumes, cough*......

@Kris10boo This might help explain things generally about UCA & the parks. Click on the Channel button to choose a video (they have stuff about transportation to/from airport i.e. The Magical Express, internal Disney bus travel, the parks, fastpasses, etc.)
Travel Tips

Also, you can customize your own Disney park maps for free and get them sent to your house, so you can pinpoint key things that your family is interested in, without having to sort through all the stuff you aren't so interested in. It makes a pretty cool keepsake!:
Disney World Customized Maps | Walt Disney World

Here are the Extra Magic Hours & Park Hours for March '14 (this is off the DISboards, which is another great resource. Be forewarned that the people on the forums here are disney cray cray though LOL): Walt Disney World Theme Park Park Hours for March 2014

Make sure to get a good spot in between Main Street & the castle to view Wishes & Celebrate the Magic at MK. Note that there is a walkway from Casey's Area horizontally across to Plaza area where you aren't allowed to stand. Get in front of that walkway or people will be moving across the whole time while you are trying to watch.
ax1ug1.jpg

For Illuminations (EPCOT), anywhere around World Showcase Lagoon is fine. Stake out a spot 45-1hr before to get a good rail spot. For Fantasmic (Hollywood Studios), you get herded in to the arena like a giant cattle drive, so get in line really early (or go to the 2nd showing if there are 2 that night) & hold on to your kid going in. The first 3-4 rows are splash/mist zones if it is a windy night, so I always go for a lower/mid row towards the center if possible & bring a snack in with me to tide over the wait (usually around 30-45 min prior to show I am seated if it is a busy night). Animal Kingdom does not have a night time show at the moment, so you don't have to worry about that one.

Last edited:
If we are talking lobster and Disney, I must suggest the lobster corndogs at Fulton's Crab House in Downtown Disney. OMG, the were delish!!

well, I can buy 4 (whole family) park to park passes at Universal for the same thing it costs me to buy 3 of the park hoppers for Disney. The last time we were there the kids weren't tall enough to ride the Hulk (including my CP15 who is now 6 feet tall) so they've been pretty vocal that they want to go back. Plus the Harry Potter stuff is all open and I'm really dying to see that.

Oddly my CP13 will probably be less than impressed. She's got a trip to Universal with her school band (literally) the weekend before. The child is doing Orlando 3 times in like 6 weeks.
Oh I did a trip to Universal and Disney with my high school band too! So much fun. Are the doing the Festival Disney competition? The Harry Potter stuff is awesome, although I didn't go on the dragon ride (aka double dragon ride from Bring It On 4) because I don't like upside down roller coasters. I didn't go on the hulk either but all my friends that went on them and LOVED them. The HP ride in the castle is so so awesome!!

If you plan on going to Universal, staying at the on site hotels (minus the Cabana Bay hotel) is worth the extra cost in my opinion because your room key is also a fast pass. They're close, you can walk to the parks or take a water taxi that'll take you to the entrances. If you pay for the fast passes without staying at a hotel, they're like $50 a person (maybe kids are less, not sure) and you can only use them at each ride once. With the room key fast pass you can use it at each ride however many times you want. The only rides that don't have fast passes are Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey and the Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit last time I checked. But every time I've used the fast pass, I've had a 5 minute wait for each ride, maybe 10 if it's a popular ride and a peak time. They're really great to see and do everything without waiting in line most of the day.

Allstar Resort was loud and we had an early curfew because large senior went at the crack of dawn........early curfew = most of the resort was still awake and socializing. I brought a cheap, floor box fan and ran it while my kids were asleep. It really helped to drown the outside noise level's and put them right to sleep. We were lucky that it was mostly CEA teams in our little corner of the resort and I didn't mind telling our kids to shut up. Nicely of course, but still. And Cheertyme Love was on the 3 floor of our same area so they were quiet too!

Arriving Thursday morning leaving Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you probably won't have a lot of park time. I would attempt to get to hollywood studios and/or magic kingdom thursday afternoon and friday morning. Those would probably be the must-dos for your cp at her age. i know y'all will practice friday and so you don't want to get too crazy. There is a mcdonald's not too far outside of all star resorts if food $$$ is an issue. definitely order the lunch sandwiches that the gym does (if they're still doing it) for Sat and Sun, it's totally worth it. and friday pizza, is not really worth the $$, but the kids bond, so i usually get it for cp and not me.

Throwing away all my Disney mugs from UCAs of years past....yes I saved them and reused them more than once. Not that we are going to any comps there this season but if they cannot be used any longer no need for them to clutter up my cabinet. Damn you Disney for changing things up.

i know there was a separate thread on it - but for anyone with special needs or needing specific accommodations (or anyone traveling with someone who may have special needs), the disney policies for this changed back in october, so worth doing a little research prior to getting there! i know numerous families who have used these services in the past who have also gone to disney after the changes took place. it's definitely different and requires more planning ahead (bit of a headache, actually) but for the most part you will still be able to receive all of the assistance that you need. and the cast members are super helpful if you have questions when you get there :)

Love That Max: Special Needs Blog : Disney news: Updated info on the new Disability Access Service Card, replacing the Guest Assistance Card (the comments here are also helpful)

you probably won't have a lot of park time. I would attempt to get to hollywood studios and/or magic kingdom thursday afternoon and friday morning. Those would probably be the must-dos for your cp at her age. i know y'all will practice friday and so you don't want to get too crazy. There is a mcdonald's not too far outside of all star resorts if food $$$ is an issue. definitely order the lunch sandwiches that the gym does (if they're still doing it) for Sat and Sun, it's totally worth it. and friday pizza, is not really worth the $$, but the kids bond, so i usually get it for cp and not me.

Thank you this helps me a lot.
We just had a parent meeting about the Florida trip and that's what prompted all my questions.
They said they are still doing the box lunches and they will do pizza Friday night for anyone who wants it.

Since the weekend will be filled with mostly competition would it be worth it to buy an extra day park hopper and stay all day Monday and leave Monday night? I know on Thursday they don't mind what we do to much but on Friday they want they girls in good shape and not worn out and ready for practice!

Although we have paid and turned in everything a long time ago they said we can still make a changes for a little while longer!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I went to worlds, I got to go to one park, for an hour and a half. That was it. All three days of my park hopper pass was a waste because between practices, team dinners, competing, and supporting the five other teams from Twisters, there just wasn't any time to use it. I would check with your coaches before buying them because practices during big competitions like UCA and Worlds CAN happen.

Back