All-Star Documentary On World Cup Twinkles!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

After watching this, you and your staff would be the best to do a story comparing and contrasting teams, gyms, programs showing the differences in mission statements or credos of the different gyms through out new jersey or nationally. As much as they are the same they are vastly different. Your readership would make it cater to be about nj however the format and style of the documentary would work on a national or even global level.

You have made reference that an article from The Star Ledger is now being blogged about over seas.

Once again my cheer dad hat is off to you and your staff for doing such a great collection of articles that spans all of the social media outlets.

Shoutout to WCDad!! Him and Acedad have led the way over the years so that now being an involved cheer dad is "cool". For me it's been very cool to watch.

The music was never released to the girls. I really dont know why.
One of the years that they gave it to the girls it got out right away and the coaches as well as the person who did their music were not happy... they haven't given it out since.

I just watched it for the second time, and still am in love. Also, the WC Coaches truly are class acts. The love they have for those kids and the sport is amazing.

I watched it with my CP's and loved it. My younger CP was on a Youth Res. 5 last year (they went from Y4 to YR5 halfway thru the season), but was a small team so did not compete against them, but we were at UCA this past season too, and meeting some of their coaches in the cafe-they were sooooo nice! Took time to talk to us (we are from a small often overshadowed gym in our area), and spoke to my older CP about cheering in college in a couple of years. It really was neat to have that conversation with them, and seeing that level with girls that are not even teens yet is amazing!

Regarding the covering of windows, parental drama ect. That's real life for coaches. Parents texting because they don't like placement. Criticizing (during practice and in the viewing area) because their kid isn't in a certain spot. I actually enjoyed the covering of the windows most, cause every coach in this sport can absolutely relate to it. That, and it's gratifying to know I am not alone in my feelings.

It doesn't matter which gym you are at, we are all dealing with the exact same issues. "Those" parents would not like to see a documentary on what coaches have to deal with lol. Of course, they wouldn't think we are talking about them. ;)

I could shimmy this comment a thousand times!

If I was a cheer coach running a team, I would have all closed practices. I don't believe in open practices. What I might do is strategically select certain days where perhaps the team will demo a new routine and then I'd open the window to have the parents watch and then maybe briefly explain that the routine could possibly change depending on how things are going. My thought is for those two or three hours you drive to the gym or you drive your kids drive to the gym and drop them off for practice, they are mine for those 2-3 hours and my job is to put those athletes in the best possible p0sition to be the most successful to the team. You are paying good money for them to be on the team and I want to have them in the best environment where they can concentrate on doing what they need to do. Parents have no need to see what's going on and all it does is distract the athletes. Especially the youger ones. I don't need parents watching nor do I see the need for parents to stick around to watch when they could be doing other things in those 2-3 hours.

Our gym just opens the last 15 min of each practice. Works the best because parents get to see the results of practice without breathing down my neck for the whole two hours! . . . although there are still the ones find a way to peek through the blinds/listen in *facepalm*

Just watched this! It was amazing! This is the kind of thing I want to create one day. The cheer world needs more of this kind of media and hopefully I'll get to help get the word out about our sport one day! :)
I LOVED when they rang the bell when they got their fulls, and how happy they were. I thought the girls were all so cute and omg where did they get their fierceness from????

The Star-Ledger is it OK if I write about this documentary as part of an application for a digital media training program? We have to write about a piece of digital media that we love and I think this was fantastic.

The Star-Ledger is it OK if I write about this documentary as part of an application for a digital media training program? We have to write about a piece of digital media that we love and I think this was fantastic.

Thanks for the kind words. I love that you think so highly of our work, and we'd be honored to have you write about it. If I can answer any questions, write to me at [email protected], or you can write to filmmaker Nyier Abdou at [email protected].

Back