All-Star First Time At Nca!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

its my gyms first time too! Wer the Central Valley Panthers, we're bringing small senior level 3 and large senior level 3!:) good luck to everyone!!!

My daughters on "Fire" J3, on the way to practice tonight she said she is really nervous too...lol it will be a big weekend for all...I think all the PA and NJ SE teams are great and will do us proud!!!!R u guys at the same hotel as us?

We're at the Marriott Renaissance. I'll send you a pm.

I land on Saturday at 10:30 and my daughter goes on at 11:45. I was thinking of taking a taxi, watching, and then taking another taxi back to the airport to get my rental car. Now I'm worried the line will be awful. Any way to buy the tickets on line??

maybe I can buy you a ticket early and meet you outside when you get there so you dont have to wait in line PM me if you want me too. i think its 35 for 2 day pass, i may go to venue on Friday night while the teams practice to check it out I think i can buy tickets then if you want me to. I'm sooooo excited

I land on Saturday at 10:30 and my daughter goes on at 11:45. I was thinking of taking a taxi, watching, and then taking another taxi back to the airport to get my rental car. Now I'm worried the line will be awful. Any way to buy the tickets on line??

I don't know of any way to buy on line, but I would be willing to bet big bucks that if you get to the arena in time and there is a line, if you explained to those in line that you just landed and were trying to get to your child's performance people would let you line jump.

first let me say how excited we all are to be going to Dallas this year. It will be the first time for for our PA gym are there any hints from those of you who have been? I was wondering too if anyone knows how NCA posts Day 1 standings at the venue(no internet on my phone )BTW we are from PA Spirit Explosion, NJ spirit explosion is our sister gym. Pa is bringing 2 teams small junior 3(my kids team) and Small senior 3. NJSE is bringing lg Junior co-ed 3 and of course FAB 5 Lg SR limited Co-ed. Anyway if there is something you think will help me get the most out of the experience let me know. Thanks and looking forward to a great weekend!!!!

Are y'all staying in walking distance of the convention center? Or even if not, a few blocks from the convention center (easy walk) is a statuary complex of a cattle drive - I have no way how to accurately describe this. There are almost life size statues of cattle being herded by cowboys. The kids can walk amongst them and even climb on them. There are at least 2 dozen of the cattle and at least 3 cowboys on horseback. It is a great place to take pictures of the
kids and how appropriate for Texas. There is a Spaghetti Warehouse also within what I would consider walking distance. Great Italian food, huge portions and the decor is very eclectic and fun. There is even a cable car (or was it a train car) in the restaurant that has seating in it.
Something that Varsity started last year is pin trading. You can buy trading pins in the pro shop and last year the NCA staff had special pins that could not be bought, only traded for with the pins you could buy. I don't know for sure if there are special pins this year, but I have heard there are pins that represent stunt groups. The program book last year (not free, must purchase - but makes a nice souvenir) had a small section talking about pin trading. You can also go to varsitypintrading.com to see a short video that talks about it. Again, fun souvenirs. Also some gyms are starting to make their own gym lapel pins for trading purposes with other gyms. Again, something fun for the kids to do that also gets them talking to cheerleaders from other gyms. Hopefully, this will encourage more interaction and good will among the teams.
That's what I can think of off the top of my head. Good luck to your teams and I hope y'all have a wonderful time.

Why don't you rent a car close to the convention center after the competition or close to your hotel. No need to take a taxi all the way back out to DFW Airport just for that. You can do a one way rental and drop it off at the airport. You would also probably save a lot of money on airport fees & taxes by renting a car off airport property.

I can't remember - can you bring food into the convention center or do they search your bags?

Back