All-Star Fun Cheer Nicknames

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My granddaughter's nickname is Chipper. She chipped her front tooth in a stunt. It's fixed now but the nickname stuck.

back when my arms in my back handsprings were out way too far my coach called me jesus..
dzjbko.jpg

then i was lastpass because i was last pass as a freshman for my sucky high school team
but now i'm just gilly because of my last name (gilpatrick) :)

I nicknamed our gym's owner "Cheer God" because she has been coaching for 35 years and knows "everything and everyone" cheer related and I call her assistant coach Biotch Boy...because he is.

lol I am queen of nicknames.
everyone always calls me wojo, not really a cheer nickname, just a universal one because i have the most obnoxious last name ever.
all the guys on the open team called me crispy duck lol let me explain. one of the guys i've cheered with forever used to call me crispy because i worked at mcdonalds (ew i know). and when i was first introduced to the new guys, thats what he told them my name was lol but after we started partner stunting, they realized I have duck feet. so they just smooshed the 2 together, and wa-la, crispy duck.
our choreographer always called me Minnie because of my big old bows I wore to practice.
my team now calls me archey or alabama all the time. archey, because i am apparently an exact replica of a girl that used to cheer here (idk if thats a good or bad thing) and then alabama because of my accent lol
My coaches gave nicknames to EVERYONE at elite. it was funny actually. some of them were self explanatory bc they were just abbreviations, but some of them were inside jokes too.

I was given the nickname bellboy when I was younger because I couldn't grasp the concept of transitioning cleanly. In fact My arms swung out beside me like I was carrying luggage. Hence: bellboy.

Happy: she was always so intent in her stunts that she looked grumpy, so coach would make her say happy before she came down
Zen: shes a hippy
Twigga: tall skinny, and it means giraffe in swahili
Big Red: ginger
Muscle Hamster: she beat one of the guys arm wrestling, and shes 5'2
Boni: her name is toni, and shes uber skinny
Jello:his name is angelo and his arms bend when he tumbles
C-4: her name is courtney and shes 14
Crash: he free runs and likes to scare us all flipping/climbing all over stuff, and then falling
Lo-lo: her name is laura and shes crazy

fierceBOWlove said:
Ahaha on my cheer team, they call me T-Rex arms... because the person I base with is like 4 inches shorter, but our arms are like the same length :(

Haha! I call one of the coaches in our gym that too!
I call the kids all kinds of names: sassybritches, doodlebug, cheerbebe, ma petite jeune fille (my pretty little girl), sassafrass, booty blossom....

And I say everyone with love!

tumbleyoda said:
I tend to give kids nicknames I teach because it makes it easier for me to eventually remember their real names. It wasnt till this year that I was diagnosed with Aspergers and it is one of the traits some people with Aspergers display.

I was given the nickname tumbleyoda at a team tumble camp years ago. While the kids thought it was cute, the coaches meant it as a slam against me. (too old, talk too much and they said I thought I knew it all - which I definitley dont know it all - but I do know a lot )But me not getting the inside joke embraced it. Since finally understanding years later that the coaches were making a joke of me I have tried to make a negative a positive.

My son has Aspergers : )
He is the light if my life!

My son has Aspergers : )
He is the light if my life!

Aspies are so great! I took a college course last summer on the history of conspiracy theories and I chose to work with a guy in my class who has Aspergers. We did a presentation on the CIA's alleged use of mind control in political assassinations lol.... I have had an obsession with the JFK Assassination since I was 9, and he was obsessed with CIA history, we were like two nutty little peas in a pod<3

We have a little guy we've renamed Archie, he's the most flexible flyer on our team but is so bendy he never holds his form when doubling down.
Also have several little pokemons on the team, cute flyers that explode with happiness when they're in baskets. Watching their ball up x-outs is freakin hilarious!

Oh yes the cheer nicknames that stick, let's see...
La La, bc her name is Lauren and she's always in "la la land"

Lolo, bc she is the other Lauren.

Sticks, bc she is skinny

Hulk, bc she's the cutest beast base ever

Spidey, bc she tumbles like and ninja and so QUIETLY even tho she can pound the springs

Shimmy, bc she always does a little one before she tumbles (she's yth l1 working her r/o bhs so I love how fierce she is already)

Madi wags, bc it's her first and last name shortened and suits her bc she's one of the cutest little minis on earth.

Well personally I was "Cheeks" because my name is Sande ( Sande Cheeks from Spongebob) and also because sometimes I would forget to wear spanx under my Soffees and when I would tumble... I have a big butt so you get the picture here.
Some of the other ones on my team were Mutt, Teal, BBJ and BBB, Dream Team, Munchkin and so many more. Most of them were inside jokes that wouldnt make sense if i tried to explain it We loved nicknames so much we even got to put them on the back of our team jerseys.

A girl on our squad was called Little Precious. She's the smallest girl on the team. We called another girl Simba, because her hair was always in a mess like a lion's mane.

Back