All-Star Gabi Butler New Team Debut "lionheart"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes, they are going to UCA and one other Worlds Bid Event.
Is there a reason why they're not on the schedule for UCA yet?
eq1c2.jpg

people have mentioned their practice woes as a reason for their struggles, but i'm curious about their coaching system. have they had multiple coaches throughout the season, has there been a consistent one or are they self-coaching?

sometimes the coaching system can make or break a team. people have mentioned, in the past, that smoed owes their success to out-of-state and out-of-country (picking from the best) athletes, but i've always held the position that their coaching system has been a primary reason for what has brought them success over the years, even before the out-of-state/country athletes became a regular thing.

having the best athletes doesn't always mean success. i'm curious if a non-solid coaching foundation might have played a part in their struggles.

on a side note, did anyone who attended nca notice if their were camera people following lionheart? i remember reading a tweet from Gabi stating that skitz tv would be following her new team/gym?

^^^^Self-coaching seems like a disaster.

Question for Open team folks (as I have never been on or coached an open team):

IS IT COMMON FOR OPEN TEAMS TO COACH THEMSELVES?

I'm guessing that established open teams don't (e.g. I don't imagine that Wildcats is self-coached) but for the average open team, is that normal?

I'm guessing that established open teams don't (e.g. I don't imagine that Wildcats is self-coached) but for the average open team, is that normal?
This year is the first time I've been on an open team, but I don't think it's common to coach themselves. We have a head coach and the other coaches from the gym help coach my team as well. Just because we're all 17+ with a lot of cheer experience doesn't mean we can do it on our own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can speak for the gym and our dance studio who goes to World's and the answer is a huge no. They may have coaching staff as team members, but they aren't the coaches of that team.

Back