All-Star Gyms Merging In Maryland

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't know if anyone else's site does this - but under all of the posts listing "criminial offenses" there is a google search bar showing the creepiest looking people - doesn't add to the craziness of this thread right now.

lmao! hahahahaha i just noticed that!

Well we all know I have no affiliation with anything other then a few things in the south so Im not on either side of this.

Yes I would be upset if someone who murdered someone, or was any type of sex offender (kids or not), or child abuse or anything of that nature was working with my kid.

I however think that anything such as criminal trespassing, battery, drugs (unless they were on drugs while doing this), theft, grand larceny, tax evasion (to name a few things off the top of my head) anything like that would not bother me wether it was 1 year ago or 12 if they were not a coach and just a parent. Even if they were just stunting around with kids.
Reason being because I would expect you to supervise your kid during an open house or if they are older to trust them. People you come in to contact with in your everyday life are not all perfect law abiding citizens. I'm sure more then a few of them have skeletons in their closet. The only thing I will say if my kid was stunting around with a parent or coach and my kid got hurt while at that gym then I might inquire into who is going to cover that but not taking my kids to a gym over it? Or going around telling everyone no don't go there and spreading stuff wether it be true or not would be a little off to me. You have that right to know and look up any person you want to and from there you choose what you want to do with that but that is just you!

Then again everyone disagrees with how I raise my daughter so I'm sure some of y'all will pass this off as bad parenting 101 but I for one would not hold anything against anyone for any of those crimes!

Look, I am honestly not trying to start any more drama then there already is in the cheer world but I just feel like I have to stick up for a good gym and good people. I know some were just inquiring about rumors but those rumors aren't even the beginning of some of the nastiness that has been going on so yes it may have seemed like I had multiple personalities but my fingers were typing faster than my brain was working and I was just fed up with it all and I happened to just let it all out on the fierceboard....

Point to all of this?...I'd say we are all bored an looking for something to talk about.

Hypothetical:
(For those of you insisting that you would never allow you kids in a gym with people with a criminal background)

Would you not allow your CP to work with a coach that had been arrested and convicted for resisting arrest or battery if...said coach had been protesting at GLBT rally in support of gay marriage? Or protesting at a G8 summit?

Ten years from now that coaches record isn't going to have an asterik next to it saying "Hey they were arrested and convicted, but it was for a good cause".

It is a pretty broad sweeping statement to say you would never allow your kid to...sometimes a criminal record doesn't tell the whole story....just saying.

Point to all of this?...I'd say we are all bored an looking for something to talk about.

Hypothetical:
(For those of you insisting that you would never allow you kids in a gym with people with a criminal background)

Would you not allow your CP to work with a coach that had been arrested and convicted for resisting arrest or battery if...said coach had been protesting at GLBT rally in support of gay marriage? Or protesting at a G8 summit?

Ten years from now that coaches record isn't going to have an asterik next to it saying "Hey they were arrested and convicted, but it was for a good cause".

It is a pretty broad sweeping statement to say you would never allow your kid to...sometimes a criminal record doesn't tell the whole story....just saying.

Generally speaking, protestors for such causes that you mentioned are peaceful protestors and, while they might be charged with resisting arrest, assault and battery would bring it to a whole new level. I simply would not want my child to be coached by someone who could potentially be violent or have anger management issues.

"You are better off to keep your mouth shut and let someone think bad things about you (and your gym) vs opening your mouth and proving them right" -mama always said.

A little advice... there are too many opinionated people in the world, and you will never please them all. Keep yourself happy and that's all that matters.

Back to those merges in the good old state of Maryland. ;)

"You are better off to keep your mouth shut and let someone think bad things about you (and your gym) vs opening your mouth and proving them right" -mama always said.

A little advice... there are too many opinionated people in the world, and you will never please them all. Keep yourself happy and that's all that matters.

Back to those merges in the good old state of Maryland. ;)
You are absolutely correct!

Then again everyone disagrees with how I raise my daughter so I'm sure some of y'all will pass this off as bad parenting 101 but I for one would not hold anything against anyone for any of those crimes!

Just to let you know I think you're an amazing parent to your daughter; especially after having her at such a young age. I can only hope I can be half as good a parent as you are one day! I love reading your stories about her and seeing her twitter and facebook updates; she's a bright kid and you've done an amazing job; kudos to you! :chestbump:

Just to let you know I think you're an amazing parent to your daughter; especially after having her at such a young age. I can only hope I can be half as good a parent as you are one day! I love reading your stories about her and seeing her twitter and facebook updates; she's a bright kid and you've done an amazing job; kudos to you! :chestbump:

Aww your so sweet you made my day!!
I'm sure you will be an amazing parent whenever that comes!:)

Back