All-Star Hairgate 2015 - Mom Upset Daughter Is Off The Team Because She Wont Straighten Hair For Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

...I'm not held accountable for my actions socially because my town is big and I rarely see people I know out. 50-60 years ago, if you were improper or acted socially loose, the whole neighborhood knew about it and you were talked about or worse, shunned. The need to keep your children 'in line' was demanded, now not so much...

So true! I was at a grocery store and some woman left her cart blocking the entrance to the aisle while she walked to the other end to retrieve some item. Yet *I'm* the crazy one when I call her out on her utterly selfish and stupid behavior. So so wrong!

So true! I was at a grocery store and some woman left her cart blocking the entrance to the aisle while she walked to the other end to retrieve some item. Yet *I'm* the crazy one when I call her out on her utterly selfish and stupid behavior. So so wrong!

Some people I swear...

None of that helps, but these issues were in play long before social media. To be honest, a lot of it links to the Suffrage Movements and the push for women's rights. That isn't to discount the civil rights movements of other minorities; all of which have left their own, unique footprint on our history...but the Suffrage Movement pitted two genders against each other who have no choice but to work together to not only repopulate our world, but who help fulfill basic human needs that can't be achieved alone while also changing the very concept of nature and nurture. Now I won't dismiss those ladies and the rights I've been afforded because of their sacrifice, but I do wonder if they would have reconsidered their stances if they knew where our country was headed. Purely hypothetically, of course.
Interesting. Again I see your point, but have to say that I think the loss of localized community may be more at play then gender roles. Purely out of curiosity why link to suffrage, over say industrialization, which also highly affected nature vs nurture concepts? Or media in general (not social media) which started to expose people to both how others lived and thought, and introduced advertising, which is based on making everyone think they can have (and deserve) what others have? Based on timing?

Interesting. Again I see your point, but have to say that I think the loss of localized community may be more at play then gender roles. Purely out of curiosity why link to suffrage, over say industrialization, which also highly affected nature vs nurture concepts? Or media in general (not social media) which started to expose people to both how others lived and thought, and introduced advertising, which is based on making everyone think they can have (and deserve) what others have? Based on timing?

Oh I completely agree with you on our loss of localized community in current time, I just think it's been a biproduct of events that happened decades ago. As for Industrialization over Suffrage; there is no doubt that the Industrial Revolution started the change and facilitated the beginnings of what would eventually become the Women's Rights movement and even that movement came in waves over several decades and generations. However, the very essence of what was status quo did not truly become challenged until Women's Rights. I think the Industralial Revolution and the Suffrage Movement from the 20's showed women what they could do which then tumbled into what they have done since then.

As for modern media, I would agree that it makes Keeping up with the Joneses a lot more in your face. I do also think that our country has changed so much over the past several decades that it makes it almost impossible to relate to our older counterparts. What they did with what they had in terms of jobs and security is vastly different from what can be done now....etc, etc, which only strengthens the divide between the older generations and the current and their sense of entitlement inability to wait or earn what they want.

Here we go again!
T
b68f34859fca1405b3052e32946305b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read that. She's lucky a kid didn't have an asthma attack. I'm a mouth breather and if someone did that to me while I was engaging in any physical activity I would probably pass out. I'm glad the school took action right away.
But from what I'm reading, only their mouths were covered. Their hands weren't tied, they could have easily removed the tape if they wanted to.

But from what I'm reading, only their mouths were covered. Their hands weren't tied, they could have easily removed the tape if they wanted to.
Would you want to be the one on the team going against that coach? I have to go back and watch the video; I'm curious if any of the cheerleaders were interviewed about it and what they had to say (now that the duct tape was off their mouths).

Back