OT Halloween Traditions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
You all sound like you have great Halloweens! It's soo small in the UK, there are a few things going on in theme parks (which cost loads of money) but to be honest as soon as you're too old to go trick or treating it just passes like a normal day over here! :( The news always shows how it's being celebrated in America and I get so jealous!

October 31st almost always falls during our week long break from school so my 'traditions' consist of watching the Halloweentown films (You're never too old for Disney!) and baking some halloween themed cakes and cookies! It's my dream to go on a hayride though but I'm pretty sure that if they do happen over here, they'd be in the countryside, not London! :/

You all sound like you have great Halloweens! It's soo small in the UK, there are a few things going on in theme parks (which cost loads of money) but to be honest as soon as you're too old to go trick or treating it just passes like a normal day over here! :( The news always shows how it's being celebrated in America and I get so jealous!

October 31st almost always falls during our week long break from school so my 'traditions' consist of watching the Halloweentown films (You're never too old for Disney!) and baking some halloween themed cakes and cookies! It's my dream to go on a hayride though but I'm pretty sure that if they do happen over here, they'd be in the countryside, not London! :/
Up here in the wild land of the North we have a thing called spooky world, in the summer its a hay maze and then for the month of October its this scary Halloween maze thing...I've never been (wimp) but my friends tell me it's good. You kids in London just need more fields!

Up here in the wild land of the North we have a thing called spooky world, in the summer its a hay maze and then for the month of October its this scary Halloween maze thing...I've never been (wimp) but my friends tell me it's good. You kids in London just need more fields!

That sounds so cool! Haha, yes we really do! I live fairly close to Surrey though which once you get about half an hour into it, is much more rural, maybe I'll find something similar there! I too, am a wimp but I'd love to have the experience of doing fun halloween activities! I'm hoping to go to uni farther afield and do not plan on living permanently in London past Sept 2015 so who knows, in a few years time I'll be bragging about the hayride I went on after going pumpkin picking in the farm next to my cottage ;)

When I was younger, my mom and grandma would take me trick or treating in the neighborhood that they both used to live in and trick or treat in. One year, I went to my friends' (they're sibilings) Halloween party. This year a couple weeks before Halloween, I'm going to a somewhat local (40 minutes away) haunted house with a big group of people from my school.

That sounds so cool! Haha, yes we really do! I live fairly close to Surrey though which once you get about half an hour into it, is much more rural, maybe I'll find something similar there! I too, am a wimp but I'd love to have the experience of doing fun halloween activities! I'm hoping to go to uni farther afield and do not plan on living permanently in London past Sept 2015 so who knows, in a few years time I'll be bragging about the hayride I went on after going pumpkin picking in the farm next to my cottage ;)
If you choose to consider a british uni, please consider manchester or anything up north! I love the North, all the chips and gravy and the inclement weather!

If you choose to consider a british uni, please consider manchester or anything up north! I love the North, all the chips and gravy and the inclement weather!
I'll definitely be in Britain! What I meant by further afield was outside of London haha! And I did attend a summer school in Durham in August and loved the area (and the friendliness of northerners) but I don't think I could go that far without missing my mum! Worcester is my first choice and the most 'northern' of the 5 I'm applying to!

I'll definitely be in Britain! What I meant by further afield was outside of London haha! And I did attend a summer school in Durham in August and loved the area (and the friendliness of northerners) but I don't think I could go that far without missing my mum! Worcester is my first choice and the most 'northern' of the 5 I'm applying to!
I have a friend at Durham and she loves it. Well if you do consider further north (cough, manchester, cough) you can assure your mum that northerners are very helpful and friendly!

Salem is a trip on Halloween! So fun! They have events for like a month leading up to it too. I miss living up there!
That's awesome. I'm actually going to Boston on the 25th to see SoMo (so excited) and I was wondering if they did special things leading up to it. I'm definitely going to tell my friends we should make a side trip to Salem!

Salem is a trip on Halloween! So fun! They have events for like a month leading up to it too. I miss living up there!
My friends live in Marblehead - they have to pass through Salem to get anywhere and back - and dread that time of year!! Traffic is a nightmare. We've been there non-Halloween time and it's a great little village, very interesting.

My friends live in Marblehead - they have to pass through Salem to get anywhere and back - and dread that time of year!! Traffic is a nightmare. We've been there non-Halloween time and it's a great little village, very interesting.

Salem is a lot of fun at any point of the year! Growing up, my family had a small boat and we docked it in Beverly Harbor. Thanks to the barrier islands there, we could travel to both Salem, and Marblehead without going to the "open sea". It was so much fun to cruise on over, run around in all the shops and of course get icecream :) I love that area of MA so much.

Back