OT Halloween Traditions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I really want to go to Salem, MA for Halloween I bet it is awesome.
I went to Endicott, which is in Beverly. We went to salem every year on Halloween. Always a good time! Places get packed quickly though, so go in early. Definitely something I think everyone should do once. Even if it's not on Halloween, just go to the city during this time of year and you're bound to have some interesting experiences.

Almost every halloween for the last 10 years I was part of the haunted trails/houses/etc. Normally I would be one of the actors, but last year and this year I will be doing makeup and hair. Last year was actually the first time I walked through the trails. I was sooo scared. I thought I would be fine since I've worked in them but nope, I freaked out!

We celebrate Halloween almost as much as we do Christmas. We decorate our entire house and have several life sized characters and every year at least one CP has a party. When they were younger I would make food like "bloody fingers" and "eyeball stew" but they are beyond that now. Our neighborhood is great for trick or treating, and there are a few stops along the way that offer "adult witches brew":D. We have had years where it has been 65 degrees and a few years ago we had a snowstorm and lost power and the party turned into a 2 day sleepover and we made snow witches instead of snow angels lol.
This year my entire family is sad because Halloween is on football friday, so no trick or treating and no one will even be home to give out candy. That has never happened before :( My girls are hoping they can cheer the game in costume!

We live out in the country and have gotten five or fewer trick-or-treaters since we moved here 14 years ago. We put a a big inflatable.
We celebrate Halloween almost as much as we do Christmas. We decorate our entire house and have several life sized characters and every year at least one CP has a party. When they were younger I would make food like "bloody fingers" and "eyeball stew" but they are beyond that now. Our neighborhood is great for trick or treating, and there are a few stops along the way that offer "adult witches brew":D. We have had years where it has been 65 degrees and a few years ago we had a snowstorm and lost power and the party turned into a 2 day sleepover and we made snow witches instead of snow angels lol.
This year my entire family is sad because Halloween is on football friday, so no trick or treating and no one will even be home to give out candy. That has never happened before :( My girls are hoping they can cheer the game in costume!
i need to get out all our decorations. We have a big inflatable and some lights. We also put the fake spider webs on doors and shrubs.

Not as many lights as at Christmas, but I don't have a Christmas inflatable!

Adult witches' brew...what is it? Sounds interesting!

We live out in the country and have gotten five or fewer trick-or-treaters since we moved here 14 years ago. We put a a big inflatable.

i need to get out all our decorations. We have a big inflatable and some lights. We also put the fake spider webs on doors and shrubs.

Not as many lights as at Christmas, but I don't have a Christmas inflatable!

Adult witches' brew...what is it? Sounds interesting!

It varies. Coffee and baileys, cocoa and buca or kahluha, spiked cider (I buy farmstand cider and add some spices and simmer on the stove and then mix in a mug with Capt Morgan), but for the dad's they normally prefer beer!

It varies. Coffee and baileys, cocoa and buca or kahluha, spiked cider (I buy farmstand cider and add some spices and simmer on the stove and then mix in a mug with Capt Morgan), but for the dad's they normally prefer beer!
The captain and cider sound yummy! Might need to do that by the cup for me.

Thanks!

Sounds crazy but the most fun my kids had was the Halloween right after Hurricane Sandy. Many houses were without power, there were fallen trees and power lines down in many places, but because there was no school (and no work for many) everyone was out and about in costume for hours.

Our town canceled Halloween twice during Sandy and it was never rescheduled :( it took two and a half weeks for most of the town to get power back, and it was too dangerous to be walking about. it was a bummer since the year before it snowed and our roof was damaged from a big tree falling during a Nor'easter . It was NOT how I envisioned my cp's first halloweens during elementary school.

The captain and cider sound yummy! Might need to do that by the cup for me.

Thanks!

smirnoff (i think it's them?) makes a caramel flavored vodka. i can't stomach rum so it's a nice alternate and goes well with the apple cider. i usually mix the two, add some cinnamon and chop up some apples and heat it. it's yummy :)

smirnoff (i think it's them?) makes a caramel flavored vodka. i can't stomach rum so it's a nice alternate and goes well with the apple cider. i usually mix the two, add some cinnamon and chop up some apples and heat it. it's yummy :)
Sounds so good. Am going to have to try this!

Can I just say how much fun Mickeys Halloween Party was tonight? Way more people than I expected (& it wasn't even sold out) but it was still fun. And everyone loved & kept complimenting us on our costumes. And of course we (sleeping beauty & her fairies) got a picture with Maleficent

Back