All-Star Has Your Squad Gone Form Having A Good Year To A Bad The Next?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 26, 2012
Last year my cp level one minis did great!!! We won them all. Of course this year the same girls aren't on the same squads, which I assume can be the norm year to year. Not all the girls came back (maybe 1/4 of the gym from three teams). I only know of one that left to go to a larger Gym about a hour away, the others graduated or just aren't doing cheer. It's a small gym in a small town, their isn't much of a population to pull from. My cp is know on a Jr. 3, and one stunt group in particuller isn't getting it (be it the flyer or the bases). Basically we suck :(

Last year my cp level one minis did great!!! We won them all. Of course this year the same girls aren't on the same squads, which I assume can be the norm year to year. Not all the girls came back (maybe 1/4 of the gym from three teams). I only know of one that left to go to a larger Gym about a hour away, the others graduated or just aren't doing cheer. It's a small gym in a small town, their isn't much of a population to pull from. My cp is know on a Jr. 3, and one stunt group in particuller isn't getting it (be it the flyer or the bases). Basically we suck :(

We had a similar situation last year - went from an undefeated season two years ago to struggling all year last season. The undeafeated season was a stacked junior team (we were a brand new gym with not alot of options to split up the teams) so tiny flyers and big bases with alot of tumbling - we were unstoppable. Then as the gym grew, we were able to split up the teams with more age appropriate and skill appropriate athletes on each team. Need to say, it was definitely a growing year for us. Alot of new athletes and alot of new skills.

Going from mini's to juniors is a big leap and I wouldn't get discouraged. It's early in the season and the team will continue to grow as the year progresses. Focus on their personal gains instead of the trophies (harder to do than say) - but if your CP and team is getting better each week, then that is a win in my book.

I feel that way about the team I am onthis year, this team was really good a few years ago and good last year but this year i'm slightly worried...

Mini to Junior and 1 to 3 are big jumps! Since every year the teams are different, you may be on a really amazing team one year to a not so amazing team the next. It's still early in the season though, im sure the coaches will figure something out!

Back