High School How Can I Help My Flyer Stick Her Stunts More Often?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 8, 2013
My flyer is very good and I can see the potential in her. But she doesn't like to lock her knees and she sits her butt... a lot! I keep telling her to make sure she doesn't do those things, but its like she forgets right away... is there anything that you know of that I can tell her to try.(I'm a back) thanks

~Statebound<3

What if your flyer is posting on another board asking how she can make her base better, so she'll feel confident in the air?

Stunting is a group effort. Therefore it can be any combination of things that are making the stunt not work. The flyer could be bending the knees because she doesn't have anything stable to stand on/her feet are tilted/uneven in 2 legged stunts, etc., she may need to drill the basics of locking out (step up drills, locking out when stepping up in a thigh stand, use proper progressions), or she may just be nervous and feel pressured if she is unfamiliar to the position (as which, rushing her before she is ready to move on, or telling her "you need to do ______" "you're messing up the stunt when you______" "your fault you you you", will not help.). It should always be WE, as a stunt group, as it takes all of you to make something work (i.e. NEVER just one person's fault). When in doubt, go perfect the basics until she feels more comfortable and understands the mechanics. A perfect step & lock into a thigh stand makes for a perfect step up to lock out in a prep, lib lock out, etc. Everything builds on one another. I promise you that perfection before progression is the way to go with stunt groups, as it will make more difficult stunting much easier later on when you all have the correct foundation/stunt technique to build off of, as well as the confidence in each other.

Back