All-Star How Old Were You When You Threw Your First Back Handspring? Full?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

backhandspring: summer before 4th so like 9
tuck summer before 5th: 10
(layout shortly after)
standing tuck: 10
full beginning of 6th: so 11
double: end of 6th so 12
specialty passes: and then from 6th then until now (14) :)
standing full: one day sooon!!!!

Hailey was:
7- back handspring
Almost 8- running tuck
8- standing tuck and layout and specialties
8- full and standing 3 to full
9- double
9- specialty to full
9- standing full (didn't compete til 12)
10 - standing 3 to double and specialty to double

if only we were all that tumbling!

15-and still working on back handspring :/

My daughter's 7 and got her standing back handspring and round-off back handspring last fall. She's currently working on her back tuck.

i started cheering allstar when i was 11. i was a tumbling machine and literally lived in the gym... i also taught myself alot of the time... i started with a cartwheel, and by the end of the season i was throwing fulls by myself. i wish i would have had a coached that pushed technique and actively coached a little more, because my full was probably the scariest thing you'd ever see, and i ended up having a bad crash. after that i refused to twist for forever, and then once i started again it was always inconsistent. i have relearned a full every way possible and even now it isn't the prettiest thing that meets the eye. i feel like if i was properly taught from the get go, my tumbling would have made it a little further. but hey, i'm grateful for the skills i have!

7- handspring
9-handspring by myself
10- tuck
11- layout
12- standing tuck- started working fulls on floor
13- specality through to layout
14- ro handspring full on floor by myself and started working doubles on tumble track
16- front half
18- front full
20- front 1 and 1/2

well, I'm an interesting case... (shocker)... I had gotten some tumbling before 4th grade, and was taken out of gymnastics because my parents didn't think I was progressing fast enough. I started again in high school.

8- aerial
9- bhs

14- got my aerial back again
15- got my bhs back again, and had a punch front and a burani

then, lost them both lol (back in the day, tumbling just wasn't as important, and I was a 3-sport athlete, honor student, choir nerd, theater nerd, taking tumbling, and worked part-time... something had to go!)

18- got my bhs, ro bhs, fw ro bhs, tt bhs, ro tuck (on hard floor)
19- got my ro layout (very arched, never pretty, more like a whip) and inconsistent standing tuck (all on hard floor)
20- starting working roundoff fulls on a hard floor.... you can imagine how well that turned out lmao

I never tumbled out of bhs, which is absurd to me now. Our coaches just weren't concerned with proper progression nor did they know anything about technique, they just wanted to see the skill happen, and a lot of times we were teaching ourselves how to do stuff and just "try it" (roundoff full on a basketball court, yeah just try it)... it's amazing how I could come from all of that and actually learn how to teach proper tumbling lol

Standing and Running BHS- 8
Standing and Running Tuck- 10 or 11
Layout- 12
Full- 14 (I've lost it since though because of a mental block.)

Back