All-Star How Old Were You When You Threw Your First Back Handspring? Full?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Backhandspring-8 or so? I can't remember exactly. I got it in an one hour though.
Full- I didn't throw a full until just after I turned 13. I worked on them for 2 months on the tumble trak and then chucked it on the floor.

It took me a while to progress to fulls because the gym I was at didn't want to teach me them. I was doing punch fronts through to tuck through to tuck, and bounce back passes, but they wouldn't let me pass transitions, so I switched gyms and that's when I finally got a full, started working doubles 3 months after that and quit before I got it.

7- handspring
9-handspring by myself
10- tuck
11- layout
12- standing tuck- started working fulls on floor
13- specality through to layout
14- ro handspring full on floor by myself and started working doubles on tumble track
16- front half
18- front full
20- front 1 and 1/2

I LOVE front tumbling! Currently working 2 1/2 :D!!

Yay! This thread has given me hope! My daughter got her BHS at 15, got badly injured a month later and now at 16 is trying to get it back. She thinks she's the only person on earth over 10 who can't throw one. I'm going to show her this!

BHS - 12
tuck - 14
standing tuck - 15, then lost it then 16
began working on fulls 16 (still working lol, but i just turned 17)

Yay! This thread has given me hope! My daughter got her BHS at 15, got badly injured a month later and now at 16 is trying to get it back. She thinks she's the only person on earth over 10 who can't throw one. I'm going to show her this!

I Love this thread it has given me hope too!!! My daughter was 8 when she got her bhs the first time, then she went through a very bad mental block for over a year and 1/2. It was awful I had no idea how to help her. She got to the point were she wouldn't even do it with a spot and there was many times that she just wanted to quit. During this time I would always tell her that there are so many other elements to this sport that she was good at, all just as important as tumbling and not to give up on something she loved so much. ...She stuck it out!! Then we switched gyms about a year ago. They had a much more experienced staff that understood what she was going through unlike our old gym that had pretty much given up on her. Our current gym has been amazing and they have finally been able to bring her out of it. She just turned 11 and is now back to doing her round-off bhs again, along with standing tumbling
biggrin.png
Needless to say im very proud of her for fighting through it and never giving up on herself.

my cp, Anna
bhs - right before she turned 5
robhs - 5
robhstuck - 7?
standing tuck - on her 8th birthday
full - 9

Everyone on here got there back handspring so young! Nothing ever really clicked for me on mine so it took me 3 years...

Back