All-Star Idea: Multi Location Gyms Must Have Different Colors At Each Gym Location

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

.....although, a neon colored boy would set each team apart....

I was so confused for a couple of minutes ^^ Like, why would you have one boy wear neon color instead of their regular uniform?? And what about the allgirl teams. Questions over questions.
Should remember: First coffee, then fierceboard

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Just had an easy idea. For multi location gyms each location must have distinctive color set. Everything else can be the same. Thoughts?

Sorry, I stopped reading after page 3. But from what I read, my opinion is the confusion between gyms with multiple locations is easily resolved by registering with the 1) Gym Name 2) Team Name 3) City Name. I know when I look at a competition schedule and see Top Gun, I always wonder "which one" so If I see Top Gun-Miami, Top Gun-Naples, Top Gun-Orlando I am able to distinguish which one. Some competitions do not list the city on the schedule but I assume the competition hosts know which gym it is from their official registration. I couldn't imagine Top Gun having different colors for each location.

Sorry, I stopped reading after page 3. But from what I read, my opinion is the confusion between gyms with multiple locations is easily resolved by registering with the 1) Gym Name 2) Team Name 3) City Name. I know when I look at a competition schedule and see Top Gun, I always wonder "which one" so If I see Top Gun-Miami, Top Gun-Naples, Top Gun-Orlando I am able to distinguish which one. Some competitions do not list the city on the schedule but I assume the competition hosts know which gym it is from their official registration. I couldn't imagine Top Gun having different colors for each location.

What if every city one had to have their city name on their uniform if they are from different locations?

FAME confuses the heck out of me. We were at this one competition and there were several divisions where there were only FAME teams competing against each other. They had the same uniforms and the EP made no effort to distinguish the cities.

I like the different colored bow idea. Maybe with the city's name on it. City names on unis would work too since the guys can't (or usually don't) wear bows. That would give the kids a better sense of identity too when at comps with teams from multiple locations.

What if every city one had to have their city name on their uniform if they are from different locations?

I fail to see the purpose. If a gym wanted to pull an athlete from one location to another for a specific competition they could still do so by putting them in the other gym uniform. When on the mat competing you know what team it is.

Do you just want to identify a specific program off the mat... say standing in line at a concession stand and you see them doing something inappropriate that warrants being reported? Just take a pic of them and go to the gym program and I am sure they can identify them. LoL.

For the past two seasons I have stated what I would love to see is a listing of the team orders on a large screen. Many competitions I have attended as a parent they make last minute changes. We have actually went into the VIP area based on the schedule to learn our team got pushed back, etc. The sound systems at some competitions are distorted to the audience when making announcements such as who is on deck and who is in the hole. With the big screens behind the floor, or a separate screen to the side, couldn't they flash the teams performing next, in the hole, and on deck (or just division performance order)? I know they would have to connect it to a computer to do so but it is totally feasible. They could also have a monitor like they do at airports that lists the schedule outside the hall or a central location inside the hall. I am deaf in one ear so maybe it's just me but I can not hear the announcements or understand it most of the time.

I think the color uniform issue would also be resolved by the competition host clearly identifying the teams on the schedule (printed or on a monitor as I mentioned). I don't think the program needs to clarify who they are; I think the competition host could do a better job identifying the registered teams.

PROGRAM NAME -- TEAM NAME -- LOCATION (CITY, STATE) -- DIVISION

Could you justify the point of this, and how it would better our sport?

I guess the most simple point is: If they compete at the same competition in the same divisions, it wouldn´t be so confusing for the audience. People who are not die hard fans and can´t identify a team because of the athletes or the routine itself.

For me, there are two sides:
For one, the athletes are all part of one gym (company) and whatever location they cheer at, with same colors, similar uniforms and bows they show that they all belong together.
On the other hand maybe it would be nice to have a "special character" for each location and show it through differences in bows, uniforms and colors.

Seems like (from the uniform thread) the Premier gyms actually moved in the opposite direction from this train of thought. Sounds like they took the individual location identity away and went to one "brand" across all locations.

What happens when you have Cheer Extreme and ACE with about 15 different locations. Unless you did some extensive studying no one could remember the which location had which color.

Also there is the idea of branding. Cheer is a business and certain gyms are bigger and better because they built up their name.
It is no secret that CEA Kennersville is the "premier" gym in the CEA brand, followed closely by Raleigh and Charlotte and the others are ranked lower in peoples minds.
It doesn't mean the L1-L4 teams at Kville are better than the ones at other locations, its just the gym. All the L1-L4 teams at CEA wear the exact same uniforms (I think?)
So all the locations start wearing different colors it becomes very clear which athletes are from and then others/parents/the athlete feels they are less important than the same level athletes because it's clear to everyone they are from one of the 'lower ranked' gyms.

My views are more of a view of how the athletes would feel as opposed to a business/comp point of view.

In theory it would work if there wasn't such a thing as an elite gym/premier location within brands.
All the level 5 teams have unique uniforms. CLT, k-ville, Salem, LKN all have the same L1-L5r uniforms. Raleigh's is white with the same design as the other lower level squads. I like the uniforms unique to the location. Would be a great implementation.

Perhaps you noticed this as well, but recently there was a competition where they accidently put up the wrong gym location name on the live feed (the gym name was correct), I would imagine that would mean it was up on the Jumbotron incorrectly, as well. All I could think about was this thread and were they being judged as the correct location. Mistakes happen and although it can be corrected after the fact, awards would be done and the kids potentially lose their moment. I'm all for whatever would help judges and staff identify teams correctly, city, color, whatever.

I still believe it is not the gym’s responsibility to differentiate between their locations. Once the gym registers for the competition, the host holds responsibility for properly identifying a gym program on the schedule, during/after the event when making announcements and awards. I have seen/heard the announcers make mistakes at nearly every competition.

So the primary benefit is that if there are teams from multiple locations at an event and the announcer doesn't make it clear where they are from, the audience won't get confused. That doesn't seem compelling enough to create a rule to force uniform and color changes on particular gyms. That would have to be pretty far down the priority list, I would think.

So the primary benefit is that if there are teams from multiple locations at an event and the announcer doesn't make it clear where they are from, the audience won't get confused. That doesn't seem compelling enough to create a rule to force uniform and color changes on particular gyms. That would have to be pretty far down the priority list, I would think.

No, the primary reason would be so judges and staff know who they are. If the announcer can't get it right, what are the odds the judges aren't either? I would like to have the confidence knowing that my kids team X that went back to back with their sister team Y was judged as the correct team, I personally, don't think that's a low priority. If a gym has multiple locations and they don't compete against each other, then it is a non-issue.

Back