All-Star Illegal Athletes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do you have proof that they have faked it? If so then have you contacted the USASF?

I feel like those that know for a fact it is happening and do nothing are just as bad as those in the gym who are doing it because you are allowing them to get away with it. I am pretty sure several people from the USASF have said before that if there is proof something like this is happening to contact them with the proof. Heck if you have proof and don't want to contact them send the info to someone who will.
The usasf does not enforce their own rules they say over and over they don't have the resources to. So whats the point?

The gym around the corner from my house has an illegal athlere, she's the coaches daughter and she is only 10 but she's on a Senior 3 team ? her oldest daughter who is in 6th grade and isn't even 12 yet and she's also on the same team. I really don't know how this is even possible? :confused: they've competed in 3 comps already and nothings been said. I hope they don't get caught.

The gym around the corner from my house has an illegal athlere, she's the coaches daughter and she is only 10 but she's on a Senior 3 team ? her oldest daughter who is in 6th grade and isn't even 12 yet and she's also on the same team. I really don't know how this is even possible? :confused: they've competed in 3 comps already and nothings been said. I hope they don't get caught.
There is no bottom age on a sr 3 team.

We switched clubs when we saw someone on the junior team drive herself to practice. this club then forged birth certificates to have under aged girls compete as flyers on a worlds team.

My question.. Does older equal better?!?! What's the advantage of having an older cheerleader on a team, why take that risk?! To me it's almost like gymnast, once you hit your early teens you are at your prime. As soon as you start getting closer to adulthood, you're consider to old for the sport.

My question.. Does older equal better?!?! What's the advantage of having an older cheerleader on a team, why take that risk?! To me it's almost like gymnast, once you hit your early teens you are at your prime. As soon as you start getting closer to adulthood, you're consider to old for the sport.
I get what you are saying, but I do know many super seniors that give the younger kids a run for their money :)

Stunting is a whole new ballgame. I'd say College is the peak for stunting.

debbie said:
The usasf does not enforce their own rules they say over and over they don't have the resources to. So whats the point?

They enforced the one about attending the comp in Japan.

Stunting is a whole new ballgame. I'd say College is the peak for stunting.
True but allstar doesn't do a lot of college style stunting. After all the majority of kids participating are still girls. Would you say the majority of illegal athletes are the boys???

THERE WOULD BE A HUUUUUUGE GYM out of alot of athletes if someone caught them because of the illegal age of athletes they have on their team:enjoyshow:

Aging out can sometimes be sad, but why don't these 20 year old athletes want to move on to bigger things? At some point it's time for the little birdies to leave the nest.

I'm 20 and so far past competing, it's not in my realm of thinking anymore. I'm focused on an education and a career soon. Cheerleading is fun, and by all means stick with it on a college team or open team if you can. But I just don't understand why anyone upwards of 19 would still want to be competing on a senior team. I don't want to come across as rude or harsh but we've all got to grow up sometime.

1: Why can't people follow rules.. I am 100% sure that the few athletes that these programs are "squeezing" in do not make much of a difference on a team of 30.

2: I like the birth certificate/photo idea. Doesn't solve the forging issue which is probably a bigger problem the USASF but at the same time, at world level competitions especially, could be a check in like an airport... so you would go off the list, check off the team member... I dunno, just a thought.

3: I like this topic, you are right, just some healthy discussion :)

Seems like this would be easy to validate since most people fly in, most have to show proper ID to board the plane, depending on the their age...After paying so much $ for cheer a few $ more for a state id is not a lot to ask. You can get a state ID in CA at any age for about $20

While I don't agree with gyms and athletes breaking the rules, I do feel that an older (open aged) athlete with little or no tumbling, etc should have somewhere to go besides a level 5 or 6 team. Though I am in a country where we have levels 1-5 offered in the open division (and there is huge levels of participation in the lower levels, though very few high level teams in any age category).

This could probably be a mess but what if with your USASF membership, you got an I.D. card. Picture, name, gym, the whole thing. I can see how it would fix this and I can see how people would just forge that too.

Aging out can sometimes be sad, but why don't these 20 year old athletes want to move on to bigger things? At some point it's time for the little birdies to leave the nest.

I'm 20 and so far past competing, it's not in my realm of thinking anymore. I'm focused on an education and a career soon. Cheerleading is fun, and by all means stick with it on a college team or open team if you can. But I just don't understand why anyone upwards of 19 would still want to be competing on a senior team. I don't want to come across as rude or harsh but we've all got to grow up sometime.

THANK YOU.

Back