OT Illegal-immigrants-floods-rio

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Wow, that was interesting article to read. I cannot believe there are so many more people coming through within the last month. I'm really curious to see if anything changes in the future because of this.

Ensure your children are vaccinated. Fox "News" really really hypes this "infectious disease" issue up and twists every statistic out there, but if you are worried about, make sure you children get their shots and they will be completely fine.

Thank you, I was worried they were diseases you couldn't get immunizations / shots to prevent. That makes me feel a lot better. I was starting to feel anxious , didn't want to panic.

Wow, that was interesting article to read. I cannot believe there are so many more people coming through within the last month. I'm really curious to see if anything changes in the future because of this.

There have been a lot of articles and coverage over this the last month. A lot of talk about it in Texas.

There have been a lot of articles and coverage over this the last month. A lot of talk about it in Texas.

I bet, those are some serious numbers. I'll definitely have to keep my eyes open and follow the upcoming articles.

Are you near where this is happening? Or is it pretty much affecting all of Texas?

I bet, those are some serious numbers. I'll definitely have to keep my eyes open and follow the upcoming articles.

Are you near where this is happening? Or is it pretty much affecting all of Texas?

We haven't felt the effects yet, but there is talk (hopefully just hype/untrue rumors) that it will have a big negative impact on most of Texas. They are even saying it will cause our school systems to crash. I know in my town, we already have a big need for bilingual teachers. We have more open positions than qualified applicants.

We haven't felt the effects yet, but there is talk (hopefully just hype/untrue rumors) that it will have a big negative impact on most of Texas. They are even saying it will cause our school systems to crash. I know in my town, we already have a big need for bilingual teachers. We have more open positions than qualified applicants.

Well if 30,00 are flooding in to Texas with a lot of them being children, I can definitely see how that would crash the school system. If Texas is like the rest of the US, classes are already too full as it is with not enough resources and teachers. Now add in a huge influx of extremely poor, non-english speaking families? That's a whole lot of resources that are going to be needed to get them up to speed, cover their lunches, and extra tutoring they may need to pass state grade requirements.

I hope for everyone's sake that they are able get that "hole" in the border patched up and make sure that those who do make through illegally are not kept in the States.

Yes, Texas schools are good, but already stretched then. From what I understand 1,000's of children are being allowed to stay and more are coming. Most are staying without guardians. Many will need foster care or group homes, medical care, and schools/educations. Teachers , schools fees are primarily paid by property taxes. These children staying of course will not be paying any taxes. Finances are a huge concern.

I'm pretty sure we are feeling the effects here in San Antonio because of this. Everyone on my Facebook talks about it all day long.
I do worry about the problems it could cause us. Like diseases, or messing up the school system but if they want to be here and they went through all that I'm not really opposed to them coming. Wish they did it the right way though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our school district is advertising needing new hires. This happened with Hurricane Katrina and the effects lasted 3 years before we caught up to the influx of kids. I like that they are proactive planning in July, but I really hope for increased funding.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Our school district is advertising needing new hires. This happened with Hurricane Katrina and the effects lasted 3 years before we caught up to the influx of kids. I like that they are proactive planning in July, but I really hope for increased funding.

These numbers are going to be much greater than from that tragedy.

Disease isn't really an issue if vaccines are up to date. It is an issue however when kids and people are NOT vaccinated because parents don't believe in vaccinating your kids for anything. We've had some issues in my city with meningitis I believe because people have taken their kids away and contracted diseases that they're supposed to be vaccinated for and aren't and come back and get other people sick who are too young to be vaccinated. Hopefully this doesn't happen in Texas because of the non vaccine folks.

For those that are immunosuppressed (Cancer, auto-immune, graft, transplant, HIV, etc) it can be a problem. There was an article a couple of years ago, basically stating the hospitals near the borders of TX were having a hard time financially because of the illegals flooding their ER's. Morally, I want to see these kids taken care of, realistically, they may break the financial stability of the schools and hospitals.:(

Just awful.

I feel bad about it all. Really I do. It's hard to sound compassionate and still want them all sent home. Because I do.

The drain on resources that are already struggling. Who is winning?

Side note. Does anyone keep up with HumansofNY on social media? The other day they quoted a woman that came from the Dominican and her statement was very thought provoking and concluded with "there (the dr) I was a princess. Here I am a immigrant. A servant "

I never looked at it from her perspective. I know a lot of these people coming are making $3.25 a day (if even) so I've always heard that they're coming here for a better life.

But are they really

Back