OT Illegal-immigrants-floods-rio

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I can't even begin to imagine how scared these children must be , separated from their families, in a country were most people don't speak their language.

How You Can Help: Humanitarian Crisis on the Border | Texas Interfaith Center for Public Policy

This article says: From January to June 2014, 52,193 unaccompanied children, primarily from Central America have entered into the United States along the southwestern border. Faith and community based organizations have worked to accommodate the needs of these kids. Below are ways you can become involved in your community.

I wonder if that number is accurate? 52,193

The article that was published here in Seattle said that 47k unaccompanied children have come through since October, so obviously there is some difference in the numbers. I wonder where they are getting their "facts" from...And what the real number is.

I feel for the kids, But there many kids being born here to families who r living in bad environments due to unforeseen circumstances or already on welfare and just pop out another one even though they can't afford the ones they have! I am tired of people expecting us to pay for their kids! Citizens or not. Sorry if people are offended by my post but we work hard for our money and have 2 kids of my own to support. I understand these parents want a better life, but.........I am tired of taxes going up every year!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I feel for the kids, But there many kids being born here to families who r living in bad environments due to unforeseen circumstances or already on welfare and just pop out another one even though they can't afford the ones they have! I am tired of people expecting us to pay for their kids! Citizens or not. Sorry if people are offended by my post but we work hard for our money and have 2 kids of my own to support. I understand these parents want a better life, but.........I am tired of taxes going up every year!

I agree with you. I said the same thing to my brother. :)

My post was just to illustrate why a parent would put their 10 yo on a bus to never see them again.

Yes. Girl. Yes. Yes.

Today. I kid you not. A 5 year old was left in the library why her mom "filled" out applications. The little girl walked up to me and said "Where yo people at?" We went back and forth with me asking "what do you mean my people?" Finally I discovered she meant by family. So I said "Well my family is at work, but my mom is a teacher so she isn't at work since it's summer "

This kid then said to me "why they at work"

I said "because you need to work to earn money. You have to have a job "

She then said "no you don't, don't none of my people have a job"

So then I laid on the floor right there and died.

Now I'm a huge supporter of government assistance to those that need it

But home girl, at the age of 5 made it clear that all she knows is the cycle generational of poverty and it makes me sick to my stomach.

Yes. Girl. Yes. Yes.

Today. I kid you not. A 5 year old was left in the library why her mom "filled" out applications. The little girl walked up to me and said "Where yo people at?" We went back and forth with me asking "what do you mean my people?" Finally I discovered she meant by family. So I said "Well my family is at work, but my mom is a teacher so she isn't at work since it's summer "

This kid then said to me "why they at work"

I said "because you need to work to earn money. You have to have a job "

She then said "no you don't, don't none of my people have a job"

So then I laid on the floor right there and died.

Now I'm a huge supporter of government assistance to those that need it

But home girl, at the age of 5 made it clear that all she knows is the cycle generational of poverty and it makes me sick to my stomach.

My mouth would have hung open for the rest of the day. Wow!

Mommy to 2 kiddos! One CP and one undecided sports fan :)

The Fierce Board App!

My mouth would have hung open for the rest of the day. Wow!

Mommy to 2 kiddos! One CP and one undecided sports fan :)

The Fierce Board App!

Mine did. Its funny because my co workers had other strange encounters with her. At one point she was dragging around a stuffed animal ( Curious George) that is in the childrens area. My coworker was like joking with her and was like "hey were are you going with that?!" and the little girl snaps at her and says "Why?! Is it yours?"

Its sad because talking to her (aside from the where yo people convo) I could tell that she was actually a smart little girl... and her language and vocabulary was very good for a 5 year old (yo people aside)....but its like...she doesn't have a fair shot about becoming some one great....or at least someone that is employable because nobody seems to be raising her....or paying her any attention

Maryland State Police Investigate 'No Illeagles' Graffiti | NBC4 Washington

The picture is currently killing me...the poor sick eagles

I too, feel like we should not have any ill eagles in America.... because after all the American Bald Eagle is our national bird!

I read that the klan in NC is going to have a cross burning in August in protest of "ill eagle" immigration.

But first they recruited with candy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KKK drops recruitment candy bags in Oconee Co. neighborhood - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |

pennsatucky-healing-hands.jpg

It's a very sad situation, but the fact of the matter is that the United States is *not* the world's babysitter. Even Hillary Clinton is critical of the president's rhetoric on the issue--all this talk of "amnesty" is only encouraging parents and minors to risk their lives attempting to cross the border.

Then you see reports like this out of El Paso Intelligence Centre...and this just makes me really mad:
"Of the 230 migrants interviewed, 219 cited the primary reason for migrating to the United States was the perception of U.S. immigration laws granting free passes or permisos to UAC (unaccompanied children) and adult females OTMs (other than Mexicans) traveling with minors”

Last edited:
Unfortunately, United States have set us up to be the "world's babysitter, if you think about it, we have this huge statue that NJ and NY argue over, which by the way is in NJ, that tells all immigrants to come here and promised to be fed, protected and care for- The Statue of Liberty. I really do not see this situation any differently than when the Irish, Italians and all of those Europeans came to this country for a chance for better lives. Only different is now we have a different group coming for opportunities that United States promised through that 'Statue of Liberty'- motto "Send me your tired and Poor" By accepting that gift from France 100+ years ago, we opened ourselves to be the World's Savior.

Side note: Btw, if you and your children are vaccinated against most diseases and healthy, it is the unhealthy and unvaccinated people who are most in danger of these illegals that are coming in with diseases, which in my opinion is a form of propaganda to incite fear and undertones of racism against the illegal immigrants.

Back