OT Illegal-immigrants-floods-rio

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
This is obviously a very difficult situation. I WANT the US to be the guiding light of the world and a beacon for people. The US does still have opportunities that can't be found anywhere else in the world.

However, we can't have open borders. Ignoring the immigration situation for a moment, there are a lot of people in the world that are insane and want to kill Americans. They can't stand the success we have and want to end it.

In addition, the US doesn't work if people that are here want to sit on their @$$ and live off the government. Immigration policy is supposed to help reduce that. We all know it can't eliminate it and we know we can't eliminate those born here as citizens that think that way.

But what really burns my backside is that most of this is politically driven. The administration has done everything in their power to encourage the UAC explosion and has done nothing to stop the situation.

The whole demand from the left for "immigration reform" tickles me. They might was well just say amnesty because we all know that's what they mean.

I'm very disappointed in the lack of leadership from most of the right.

The Fierce Board: every screen name comes with a gift card to start a new gym!

I am very confuse when it comes to FierceBoard. The topic of Immigration is a personal stance and everyone have their opinions on the topic, many are writing on their upbringing or life circumstances, I might disagree with CheerBank or any number of you on the topic, but I really do not think that this is a topic that someone should be able to randomly vote a dislike ranking, why not come forward and tell us why you dislike what we said...
I have to agree. We can discuss without all the negative ratings. If you disagree, tell me why. Don't just be snarky with the thumbs down!

I feel outed.
But now I know that you watch Jeopardy! It comes on by me in a few minutes… I love the Teen Tournament, there are categories that I can answer that my parents can't (i.e.; video games, any current music/books). Really though, Jeopardy is like religion in my house. I would like to some day be on Jeopardy.

Anyways… sorry for the distraction. You all can go back to debating now.

But now I know that you watch Jeopardy! It comes on by me in a few minutes… I love the Teen Tournament, there are categories that I can answer that my parents can't (i.e.; video games, any current music/books). Really though, Jeopardy is like religion in my house. I would like to some day be on Jeopardy.

Anyways… sorry for the distraction. You all can go back to debating now.
haha! given that I work in journalism my roommate and I were cracking up over that category.

When my nephew came from Colombia last year to take English courses at a local community college, we had to prove we could house and feed him. It was a long paperwork filled process. Now they have set up a 500 plus building to house these families, give them clothing and teach their children at the cost of 140 a day per person. We r just inviting them to come! Why not house our vets there instead!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back