Is This Stretch To Stretch Stunt Legal At Level 4???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 24, 2010
It's Stingrays Stretch to Stretch Stunt!!!

Since They Bring The First Stretch To About Waist Level and The Switch Happens Below The Extended Level Would This Be Legal At Level 4?

Andre Will know for sure, but I'm pretty sure if the tik tok is occurring at prep level your ok. Level 5 stretch to stretch occurs at full extension to full extension.

I don't think it's legal as the rules say:

Release moves that land in extended position must originate from ground-level and may not involve any twisting or flipping

Couldn't you say that since they start with their foot on the ground that it originates from there? Actually in the video it looks like they just tap it. If you have the athlete walk into the stunt, you are fine on that part. The problem is the pump in the middle. Without the pump it is legal, just a simple switch up. But I'm not sure because of the extra dip, whether that breaks up the release move or something.

It's a low to high...not legal. The tap out isn't connected to the actual release.

I believe one of the bases or the backspot would have to remain in contact the entire time... so a stretch to stretch would be near impossible - a lib to stretch would work though.

It Happens At 00:35 Seconds The Girl in the Center Stunt Group!!!!

It's illegal in L4 because it landed extended without starting on the ground. In L4 you could catch it a prep level otherwise you have to find a way to make it tap the ground.

EAS (I think Extreme All Stars in NJ) did a great (legal) stretch to stretch tick tock this past season.
I'll try to find a video. They hit opp stretch at the top, dip and tap all the way to the ground in their stretch, then tick tock. That way it originated at the ground.

EAS (I think Extreme All Stars in NJ) did a great (legal) stretch to stretch tick tock this past season.
I'll try to find a video. They hit opp stretch at the top, dip and tap all the way to the ground in their stretch, then tick tock. That way it originated at the ground.
around 1:20

Back