All-Star Issue With Full Paid Bid Not Covering The Cost

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How about moving it someplace else in Orlando so the people that want to visit Mickey can, but the people that don't want to see Mickey don't have to pay for it.

ESPN covers sporting events that don't take place at Disney World.

Thank you for that riviting update dan rather but if your going to go a Disney property for an athletic event and that is going to be aired on ESPN you must go to Disneyworld

ok from a Disney point of veiw Disney Consider's April-August the peak time of year. This being said all hotel prices go up. But I do get that it sucks that full paid bid doesnt mean full paid bid....if worlds was a month earlier like around UCA nationals time It prob would be a full paid bid.

I can still get a regular hotel room for less that that if I put four kids in it is my point. $618 for 4 nights x 4 kids = $2,472....I am PRETTY sure I could get one heck of a suite someplace for that price! But it is what it is. Those rates are through USASF, not booked on our own.....

Cheersport in Atlanta is a great competition but would not fit worlds expectations. The problem with the venue is there isnt enough space and not everybody would have a good view of the competitors competing. The milkhouse does have seating where you can see the stage from every angle.
I'm a big fan of worlds being at Disney. Yes, everyone can go to Disney, but not everyone can go to participate in such a prestigious competition. The tradition has been made to have worlds at Disney. Switching venues is somewhat like changing tradition. If NCA or Cheersport were to change where they're located we would all be set back because we're so used to going there just like we are used to the feel of going to Disney.
As for the money issue, I feel if the amount of bids handed out were to be decreased then it would allow more money to roll over into the full baid bids that are recieved.

My son attends Robotics worlds each year with his high school. Last year it was held in Dallas, not much to do but we were there for the comp. And just so you know, there were teams from ALL over the world. And they brought many teams and family members and not one person whined about not going to Disney. Last year the cost was $400 for everything. This year it is being held at Disneyworld, same competition but the cost is now around $1200 per person. Next year it will be somewhere else and the cost will drop again. My point through all of that is not one team from out of country complained about Dallas last year but everyone is complaining about the cost this year. You are assuming that people want to go to a fun filled place but maybe, just maybe people are there to compete and meet other cheerleaders. And maybe, just maybe they too wouldn't mind cutting costs by having it elsewhere. Food for thought.

My son attends Robotics worlds each year with his high school. Last year it was held in Dallas, not much to do but we were there for the comp. And just so you know, there were teams from ALL over the world. And they brought many teams and family members and not one person whined about not going to Disney. Last year the cost was $400 for everything. This year it is being held at Disneyworld, same competition but the cost is now around $1200 per person. Next year it will be somewhere else and the cost will drop again. My point through all of that is not one team from out of country complained about Dallas last year but everyone is complaining about the cost this year. You are assuming that people want to go to a fun filled place but maybe, just maybe people are there to compete and meet other cheerleaders. And maybe, just maybe they too wouldn't mind cutting costs by having it elsewhere. Food for thought.

Great point!

I can't imagine it every moving, the higher ups are locked into that location and contract for a set amount of years I pressume, I also feel like the moment it would change people would say it did not feel like worlds anymore, just a big comp.

I can understand that, but many teams don't attend uca that also go to worlds but I get what you are saying, I love the feel of the event being at disney....so I don't want it to move. =)

I can still get a regular hotel room for less that that if I put four kids in it is my point. $618 for 4 nights x 4 kids = $2,472....I am PRETTY sure I could get one heck of a suite someplace for that price! But it is what it is. Those rates are through USASF, not booked on our own.....

do you have to go by USASF or can you go through a travel agency...because frankly, 618 per night per person to stay at a value resort is redic.

do you have to go by USASF or can you go through a travel agency...because frankly, 618 per night per person to stay at a value resort is redic.
Depending on where you get your bid from, some EP's have you stay at other hotels. I'm pretty sure WCSS stayed at the Swan last year.

It's per person for the weekend...not per night. And includes the hopper pass (ie competition fee).

Back