All-Star Issue With Full Paid Bid Not Covering The Cost

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Another logistical issue that keeps Disney in the lead is transportation once you have arrived on property. The buses that run from the WWOS to the All Star Village is handled by Disney & something that very few other locations can handle at that volume and without having to outsource. They also have the ability to handle 3 full arenas and warm-ups, which wouldn't be able to happen just anywhere.
The arena size in terms of handling 3 floors isnt an issue. I can find you a venue in every state that could hold 3 floors and warm ups.

Exactly the World Congress Center could handle the competition and as much as I would love it to be held in Atlanta there really isn't anything for people to do if they do not enjoy staying ALL day to watch!

Another logistical issue that keeps Disney in the lead is transportation once you have arrived on property. The buses that run from the WWOS to the All Star Village is handled by Disney & something that very few other locations can handle at that volume and without having to outsource. They also have the ability to handle 3 full arenas and warm-ups, which wouldn't be able to happen just anywhere.

Not true. The busses that run from the WWOS and the Allstar are charter busses provided by USASF. You need a pass to get on the busses. If you use the Disney Transportation you need to go from the resort to the transportation center at EPCOT and than change busses to the WWOS Center.

It is only with in the past 2 years that Disney started handling the Airport Transportation as well. That was handled by USASF and Charters Busses before.

If you get a commuter package you can not ride the busses from the Milk House to the Allstar Resort.

Exactly the World Congress Center could handle the competition and as much as I would love it to be held in Atlanta there really isn't anything for people to do if they do not enjoy staying ALL day to watch!

Never stopped everyone that attends Cheersport from doing things in January.

Never stopped everyone that attends Cheersport from doing things in January.

Oh trust me I know, but I also know it would be a hard sell to convince people Worlds in Atlanta is a great idea. I would LOVE for it to be in Atlanta, but that's because it would be in my backyard which is way more cost effective for me :)

We're a different situation. We got a Partial Paid bid mid season and ended up with a Full Paid later. Our families already had flights booked - So the $650 covers all the regististration stuff and whatever is left over is going into our families accounts to be reimbursed for their flights. I know that SOME families it ended up being paid - and some families it left them having to pay more - Was just dependent on what deal they found for airfare. Also - as far as flying us out of an airport far away - the Saint Louis airport is 10 minutes from our gym, and the closest one after that would be Kansas City (3 hours) and Chicago (4.5) hours.

Everyone needs to think of it logistically. And from a few angles.... If you can think of something that would meet all of this criteria and then some, please let us know... and the USASF/IASF. So you all might not like the price of the competition, but it makes sense from a lot of angles AND i think the majority of people have a great time.

First, worlds is the most prestigious competition of the season (or so thats what they want you to think)
So you need a great venue to give that atmosphere.
Next you need a family environment. That is what cheerleading is about. Every competition says the routine needs to be suitable for family viewing. And you need something for people to do while not at the competition. It isn't about sitting there and watching every team for a lot of families
Next you need hotels that are convenient to the venue and you need to provide transportation to and from the venue to the hotel. also you need to house a large number of people. With disney you are dealing with one group to book hotels. If you go to individual hotels, then you have different prices for each hotel and limited space.
Next you need transportation to and from the airport to the hotel. (disney takes care of this so its one less thing iasf needs to worry about)
Some place to hold the block party that children can go to without their parents (who is going to let their child walk down the strip in vegas at 11pm)
It needs to be a place that people will got on a plane for over 12 hours to come to. Atlanta and Dallas really aren't that appealing for foreign visitors.
It needs to have good weather... if there is the posibility of bad weather, then you have to deal with people not being able to make it.
Disneyland Anaheim...a west coast version of Worlds would be a nice change....:)

The hotel stay is what ate up most of the cost for my kids' teams. So we are having to pay an additional $300 to cover flights. Boo. But like someone posted...it IS better than nothing.

ok from a Disney point of veiw Disney Consider's April-August the peak time of year. This being said all hotel prices go up. But I do get that it sucks that full paid bid doesnt mean full paid bid....if worlds was a month earlier like around UCA nationals time It prob would be a full paid bid.

ok from a Disney point of veiw Disney Consider's April-August the peak time of year. This being said all hotel prices go up. But I do get that it sucks that full paid bid doesnt mean full paid bid....if worlds was a month earlier like around UCA nationals time It prob would be a full paid bid.

The package for UCA was the same as Worlds cost wise. It has nothing to do with the time of year.

Youre under 18... wouldnt be that much fun..

vegas the first week of may is not pleasant to lay out for more than 1-2 hours.

and there are no central areas for everyone to stay.
you would be spreading people around and i think thats less fun.

The all-star resort is probably the most fun part of worlds.

Also... there are a lot of international teams that come. They all don't want to go to vegas.

There are multiple hotels in Las Vegas that have 5000-ish rooms. More than plenty to house 300 cheer teams and significantly cheaper.

My main problems with Worlds at Disney are:
1. Milk House is an extremely inadequate venue to watch a cheer competition, and Josten's isn't near as good as the milk house.
2. Cost vs. What you get is not very solid. The hotel rooms are Motel 6 at best for a rate of around $140 per night.
3. Not really cool to go to the same place every year, we can go to Des moines for all I care. There needs to be some sort of rotation system between different cities across the US.

The good thing about have worlds at Disney is the huge resorts and the fact that it is a family atmosphere. I can only imagine the trouble that could come if worlds was held in Vegas or even in NYC. I have been to Vegas prior to turning 21 and it is nowhere near as thrilling as people expect it to be until you are 21. Also I feel like at Disney you can feel pretty safe, if worlds is to move to a large city like Vegas it can cause some issues.

This is a competition that families attented as sometimes a vacation and some of the international teams spend a week plus vacationing so Disney is a great place for that. Maybe it is because I am obsessed with Disney and have always had amazing vacations there but it is just a great place to relax (once the competition is over).

Also someone said that Disney just started doing airport transportation in the past few years, I have been going to disney about every year on a family vacation and they have always had transportion (which has been included with your resort stay for the past 6 or so years) from the airport to the disney resorts. They also have amazing transportation within the resort area.

As far as moving it to DisneyLAND in CA, it is not as big as the Orlando location and from the time I went didn't even compare.

Back