All-Star January 1st - Amnesty Day

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm laughing out loud at work and my co-workers keep asking me what's so funny! It's impossible to explain this to a non-cheer person.

My mother bought me a book called 'The Dictionary of Disagreeable English' one Christmas. It's basically a book on grammar and the proper usage for all the commonly misused words. It's like my mother's encouraging me to be socially awkward for the rest of my life :oops: I just like words. There's a million and a half ways to say one idea, and I happen to like variety :D
PREACH, Kristen. It's not easy being as smart and literate as us.

I'm at the gym--a place where I still retain some dignity. I'll film it when I get home. And IF I DON'T LOOK FAT on the video, I'll post it.

Omg u sound like me!!! I love it ...

You looked nice at NCA Houston 7 weeks ago when I saw you at awards!!:)

My mother bought me a book called 'The Dictionary of Disagreeable English' one Christmas. It's basically a book on grammar and the proper usage for all the commonly misused words. It's like my mother's encouraging me to be socially awkward for the rest of my life :oops: I just like words. There's a million and a half ways to say one idea, and I happen to like variety :D

Can we start calling people out every time we see "I could care less?" It doesn't even make sense, the proper term is "couldn't care less," as in "I could not give any less thought to that idea if I tried."

I have a question (and it's not meant to be attacking, I'm just curious):

What happens when you get banned? Does your IP address get banned or the email that you used? The idea of banning seems somewhat pointless if these people can come back using another user name. Are they given a warning under their new user name to behave? Or closely monitored by the admin? What happens?

As far as the amnesty idea goes, I'm excited to see what happens. I think it's a wonderful idea. I do believe in second chances. And thirds and fourths and fifths. Some people I'm really excited to here from again, like Rich, and others I am hoping they have done a bit of growing up. If not, it'll bring some fun times for the boards.

What happens when you get banned? Does your IP address get banned or the email that you used? The idea of banning seems somewhat pointless if these people can come back using another user name. Are they given a warning under their new user name to behave? Or closely monitored by the admin? What happens?

As far as the amnesty idea goes, I'm excited to see what happens. I think it's a wonderful idea. I do believe in second chances. And thirds and fourths and fifths. Some people I'm really excited to here from again, like Rich, and others I am hoping they have done a bit of growing up. If not, it'll bring some fun times for the boards.

I think that Kingston had said you can do either - ban a username or ban an IP address, and I think he has said he has done both depending on the severity. But even banning an IP isn't foolproof. Your IP address can change, especially if you're connecting from a phone. You can always access the site from somewhere else.

We could ALL stand to grow up -- banned or not banned. Regardless, the true question is whether or not they understand the reason for which they were banned for the first place. I don't know the specs for ANY of the scenarios, but I bet you anything it's always revolved around using the Fierceboards for a purpose or agenda that doesn't further our sport or that afflicts personal harm on others.

I don't always agree with what I read on here, but I appreciate King's objective of keeping this platform a positive, productive communication tool.

I think that Kingston had said you can do either - ban a username or ban an IP address, and I think he has said he has done both depending on the severity. But even banning an IP isn't foolproof. Your IP address can change, especially if you're connecting from a phone. You can always access the site from somewhere else.

You could always keep registering a new user, email, and IP and go through the three day process and then post a nasty thread again and get re-banned... but at some point it seems like having to wait that whole time would just wear you out. That was the idea of the newbie section.

Back