All-Star Jersey Shore Clip

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'll make this short and simple. For the record I'm a CJA parent.

1. HALF of the people who post on here negatively about Jersey Cheer and Patty Ann from WORLD CUP are haters and mad they weren't chosen for a show. The other half, like my friend who has a daughter on the Starlites, are nice wonderful people. So "WC dad" get over it and see you at World's. Let's have coffee.

2. Everyone is entitled to their opinion I believe, however, if you have NOT seen the show how can you make an assessment at all? If you choose to base your opinion off of a parody from Chelsea Lately you are ignorant at best because Chelsea was doing her job. A serious parody from a comedian defeats the purpose of her show.

3. In the end folks this is the fierceboard. Our own kids read it as well as other kids all over the world. Let's make sure we can be respectful when agreeing and disagreeing, because we represent the cheer community as well. Not just the coaches and athletes, but we the parents.

Can't wait to see everyone at World's. Good luck to all the teams. See you there.

I haven't seen anyone on this thread complaining about CJA being picked instead of WC, so thats a bit of a moot point. The majority of the board (You'll always have those couple of people who don't) really enjoyed Jersy cheer, and appreciated it. Did editing make it look dramatic? Yes, but it's reality tv. There is quite few of WC people (I am not, for the record) on the boards, and I haven't seen one person complaining about it not being about them? If anything, they were very supportive. No one here was basing their idea of your program of Chelsea Lately. If anything, I respect CJA more now that I have seen the gym and how it runs. Patty Ann seems like a great woman, with a lot of heart, and that was shown.Just my 2 cents for the day..

I haven't seen anyone on this thread complaining about CJA being picked instead of WC, so thats a bit of a moot point. The majority of the board (You'll always have those couple of people who don't) really enjoyed Jersy cheer, and appreciated it. Did editing make it look dramatic? Yes, but it's reality tv. There is quite few of WC people (I am not, for the record) on the boards, and I haven't seen one person complaining about it not being about them? If anything, they were very supportive. No one here was basing their idea of your program of Chelsea Lately. If anything, I respect CJA more now that I have seen the gym and how it runs. Patty Ann seems like a great woman, with a lot of heart, and that was shown.Just my 2 cents for the day..

Note point #1 of my post. I know a few parents from WC and I didn't need the fierceboard to know there has been upset parents about WC not being picked for a show. My main point overall though is we MUST respect each other here on the board, whether your gym was picked, whether you liked the show or disliked the show. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be respected because everyone here represents all star cheerleading.

Whatever you heard you heard. I personally never heard, in person or on this board, a WC parent complain. I've read every comment on this board about the show and the only ones complaining were fans of other gyms who felt that the concept should have centered around WC coming back and winning Worlds this year (I would have opposed having a film crew at the gym, would have been too distracting).

So that was the talk on the board before JC aired, by other gyms. Once Jersey Cheer was aired, most people enjoyed it (except a few were opposed to the cursing). I wached both episodes, love Jersey Cheer and supported it to be a full series. Please stop pointing fingers at the WC gym and bringing drama.

ugh I keep coming to this thread and keep thinking Jersey Shore and cheerleading together somehow. Like Snooki and her backwalk over

168ho9x.gif

The coach, Patty Ann, is far from a joke. She has a competitive team, cares about her kids, and has a successful program.

Do I like agree with how she coaches? Not necessarily. But I probably wouldn't agree with how 99% of the coaches out there coach. Doesn't mean its wrong, just means I am very attached to how we do things.

Do I think her style of coaching is entertaining? Yes (to most people). She has a bigger than life kinda personality.

Do I think how she coaches can be easily made fun of? Yeah. It plays into a stereotype... but that is probably part of its entertainment appeal.

I am not a fan of saying a coach is pathetic who tries hard and cares for their kids. No matter their placements at any nationals, that is by FAR not a trait of a pathetic coach. So please, watch your words more carefully.

Doesn't mean its wrong, just means I am very attached to how we do things.
It's my dream to one day break into the Rays gym and climb up into the rafters for a week or two so I can watch over your practices and learn just how y'all "do things". ('Cause, hey, whatever you're doing down there in Marietta is WORKIN' and I want IN on your ways!)

Just... thought you should know. Or something. :p

I'm gonna be a hypocrite here and not read through the whole thread, but I really don't think this is that bad.

I don't think she was much worse than any other serious coach? Coaches preparing world-caliber athletes in other sports don't feed their athletes cupcakes, give them puppies and paint the gym with rainbows. She was clear, and I'm sure it got the job done.

Chelsea didn't have to edit that to make her look bad, that was the way it was shown on Lifetime too! Maybe Patty Ann is a great coach and genuinely loves and cares for the girls in her program and you seem to be very happy at CJA but, the way she portrayed herself on the show was not very good, especially the part where the team is on the floor competeing and they show her on the sideline yelling, "come on b*tches", while there is a baby in a stroller right behind her. I heard her several times refer to the girls as b*tches and maybe there is an inside joke there that all the families are ok with but, when it is shown on national TV, it does looks bad.

I don't she necessarily agree that she should have said B*tches while they were on the mat...but in the heat of the moment everyone gets word vomit...I know when Im on the mat...I may not mean it or realize I said it but stuff does come out

is there a link somewhere to watch all the episodes online? or are they only showing the pilot

is there a link somewhere to watch all the episodes online? or are they only showing the pilot
As of now, only the first two pilot episodes have aired. From what I understand, no more episodes will be aired until Lifetime chooses to pick up the series.

Back