All-Star Jersey Shore Clip

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sounds like your a bit more bitter. Wcdad hasn't said anything bad about CJA? He shared the clip because many of us didnt see it.

really, WCDAD shared a clip previously seen and shared on TWO other threads mearly just to share without comment. I think not. Our cheer organization has the upmost respect for Patty Ann and her team and welcome the friendly compeition we share with them every year.

All of this is funny to me...IMO people are up in arms about the words that came out of PAs mouth because of the "package." If the terminology came from an incredibly fierce, flamboyant male coach, would it have been as much of a problem to some?
I didn't hear her call the girls b***es. What I heard (and maybe I missed a clip) was that she told them to BE "Diva B****es." There's a difference.

For some reason my computer is refusing to allow me to watch the youtube vid (no matter what I do, it won't load)..and frankly I'm not familiar with Chelsea's style, although some of my friends don't like her and we have similar humor so I'm not sure if I would either. So I can't comment on anything but that..

Chelsea is a comedian. Her show is meant to entertain people. I don't particularly care for her "roast" style of humor, but that's just me. It's not the 10:eek:o news. Most people understand that. The skit does cast a shadow on Allstar cheerleading. I think most people understand that it's just a comedy show, not a documentary.

First and foremost, I'm not sure why this Jersey Shore (accidental mistake?) thread was even created when the show (Jersey Cheer) as well as the Chelsea Handler segment was already discussed in another thread. I'm SURE WCDad overlooked it and thought he was giving the cheer world some breaking news five days after the fact ;)

Second, I can see why some people would think this is giving the all-star cheer world a bad name, especially if they missed the show and ONLY saw the Chelsea Handler parody. However, most people who are familiar with Chelsea's brand of humor understand that she, like all professional comedians, take the "truth" and go way over the top with it for comedic effect...The result? A skit that was truly hysterical. All of the coaches, staff, athletes, and parents who are part of CJA, as well as Patty Ann herself, are flattered that Chelsea and her team spent the time and money on making the skit in the first place. We throroughly enjoyed it even joked about it with the girls at the gym...

The people who "got" Chelsea's segment were probably the ones who also watched the show. Sure, there are some people who think the use of the word "b****" in an encouraging way was inappropriate. But I don't think there are many people who watched the show or know the coaches personally who would disagree that Patty Ann and her coaches love these kids with all of their heart. The producers did a wonderful job balancing the rigor and hard work that goes into this sport with some very touching and very funny moments. Sure, they also got the parts where practice gets intense, and Chelsea of course took those parts and ran with them. Just like Chelsea Handler's brand of comedy is irreverant and over the top, Patty Ann's brand of love is intense and tough. There is a difference between that and abuse, and the key word is love. Neither woman is for everyone, but they got to where they are for a reason...They're amazing at what they do. To add, these girls also have three other coaches with completely unique personalites, so every girl can relate to someone.

As far as calling Patty Ann's style of coaching pathetic, I think you're making yourself look more pathetic than anyone else. How does that comment reflect on you as a person? For every 5 coaches who are going to come on here and say they would NEVER coach like that, there are 500 more who contribute a WHOLE lot more to making this industry look bad....Bad attitudes, conceited "cheerlebrities," undisciplined athletes, poor sportmanship, sore losers, unsupportive parents..the list goes on and on. These negative aspects of our industry are bred from the top down and we read horror stories about them on a regular basis on these boards, yet I don't remember anyone every saying that CJA fit into ANY of these categories...If tough coaching and a curse here and there are the two reasons why this industry is looks bad, then I guess 95% of the top gyms in this country should close up shop tomorrow.

At the end of the day, I guess coming on here and defending CJA is a lost cause because someone else will inevitably try to get the last word. Second, most people have a lot more courage to be rude when they can hide behind a screen name (although a lot of you reveal your identity). One thing I know for certain, however, is that the people in this thread who posted negative statements about Patty Ann and/or CJA have NO past or current connection to the program, nor have they ever spoken to Patty Ann for five seconds (including the man who started the thread). I think it's common etiquette that you shouldn't judge someone until you've met them...and most if not all of you have not.

Just like you are all entitled to an opinion, so are we. The production team who created this show are WONDERFUL people who did something that doesn't get done often enough...They showed the world that cheerleading is hard, intense, amazingly fun and competitive, and that it can create strong, confident ladies and gentlemen who will take with them into the real world skills that will help them survuve and succeed when cheerleading is a distant memory.

As for Chelsea Handler...Thanks for the iron and knife idea...They will definitely come in handy as we prepare for Worlds :)....and that was a joke for anyone who might think that statement makes the industry look bad.

I am sorry I posted this 5 days late as you pointed out. I just came across it on Face Book when some one posted it yesterday. I was not aware that this was already posted in another thread. My point was if you read it was this clip of satire does not do anything positive for our sport. I thought it was very funny , but does play into the stereo type of cheerleading.

This coming from someone called "wcdad"- shocking, more like bitter

I was only stating that the clip was not a joke in response to a question. My Screen Name is WCDAD, but all that know me know that I am about the support of kids regardless of the uniform they ware, and am no longer a part of WC. I have friends that are on AND coach at CJA as well as MANY other Teams and Programs around the World.

I think is a shame that this clip was done and is viral on the web via youtube, and face book. I thought it was funny and did laugh at it. Again knowing PA, and the gym, I have the utmost respect for the program, I was not happy that this clip sheds a negative light on Allstar Cheerleading. Nothing more.

I'm not sure that most people think of cracking a glass over someone's head, ironing someone's foot, and slicing someone's finger off with a butcher knife when they think of the stereotypes of cheerleading.

Common stereotypes of cheerleaders: dumb, blond, conceited, ditzy, weak, gay (if you're a guy), and that it doesn't require physical strength....I don't think Jersey Cheer or Chelsea Handler perpetuated or reinforced ANY of those long-standing stereotypes.

really, WCDAD shared a clip previously seen and shared on TWO other threads mearly just to share without comment. I think not. Our cheer organization has the upmost respect for Patty Ann and her team and welcome the friendly compeition we share with them every year.

I see where your feathers might get a little ruffled by his statement if taken out of context...however, if you knew wcdad even a little bit, you would know that he is a HUGE proponent for this sport and is one of the nicest, most attentive, caring cheer dads and people in general that you will ever meet. So I don't think he needs to be attacked on here. He posted something that he had seen for the first time, and he explained his intentions above. He is not a biased person or one who is involved in this industry selfishly. Sorry for the post, but I think wcdad is someone who deserves to be defended if anyone gets on his case LOL!

I'm not sure that most people think of cracking a glass over someone's head, ironing someone's foot, and slicing someone's finger off with a butcher knife when they think of the stereotypes of cheerleading.

Common stereotypes of cheerleaders: dumb, blond, conceited, ditzy, weak, gay (if you're a guy), and that it doesn't require physical strength....I don't think Jersey Cheer or Chelsea Handler perpetuated or reinforced ANY of those long-standing stereotypes.

Yes I would agree with your common stereotypes that you listed and I will tell you that there are many more out there.
Do you remember the Texas Cheer Mom story? That set another set of stereotypes that you don't seem to feel is out there or follows what you feel are typical.

Yes I would agree with your common stereotypes that you listed and I will tell you that there are many more out there.
Do you remember the Texas Cheer Mom story? That set another set of stereotypes that you don't seem to feel is out there or follows what you feel are typical.

It is what it is...obviously CJA has no control over something like the Chelsea Handler segment...But I'm pretty sure that most people who were up past their bedtime to watch it realized it was an outrageous parody and VERY funny.

Like I was telling someone else, it wouldn't matter what gym Lifetime chose to follow...They'd be fodder for comedy and parody to an "outsider" like Chelsea Handler, and the same people who are saying how awful this would be the ones on the receiving end if it were their own gym...and that includes your old gym too.

Remember when you do a show on TV you are open game for people to make fun of it. Especially if you use Jersey in the name of the show (jersey shore, jerseylicous),she was making fun of the sayings not the kids in the gym.

It is what it is...obviously CJA has no control over something like the Chelsea Handler segment...But I'm pretty sure that most people who were up past their bedtime to watch it realized it was an outrageous parody and VERY funny.

Like I was telling someone else, it wouldn't matter what gym Lifetime chose to follow...They'd be fodder for comedy and parody to an "outsider" like Chelsea Handler, and the same people who are saying how awful this would be the ones on the receiving end if it were their own gym...and that includes your old gym too.

I agree with you. No where in my post have I said anything negitive about CJA. I have the utmost respect for the program and coaches. Just as I do to the sport I have been a part of for over 15 years.

One of the issues today is that you do not need to be up past your bed time to watch Chelsea, the clips are avaliable 24/7 any time you want to watch them. They are taged on FB and other social media outlets to the point of being viral. What we may find funny here on the East Coast, there are many more in other areas of the United States that will not. The post was not about CJA, but the Chelsea Handler Parody. It is in this parody that I had a reaction too.

I see where your feathers might get a little ruffled by his statement if taken out of context...however, if you knew wcdad even a little bit, you would know that he is a HUGE proponent for this sport and is one of the nicest, most attentive, caring cheer dads and people in general that you will ever meet. So I don't think he needs to be attacked on here. He posted something that he had seen for the first time, and he explained his intentions above. He is not a biased person or one who is involved in this industry selfishly. Sorry for the post, but I think wcdad is someone who deserves to be defended if anyone gets on his case LOL!

I am not attacking anyone. I just think that the subject has been beat to death for over two weeks and a new thread was unnecessary. Again, I do not know WCDAD and am sure he is very nice as is a lot of people and gyms on here that unfairly get attacked. I am saying the post so long after was unnecessary that is it.

Back