All-Star Jersey Shore Clip

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I know that WCdad is a great guy based on all of the wonderful things I've heard about him...We do need more dads like this in the industry!

However, the problem is not that he disliked the skit -- many people didn't like it. The problem is that he took the first part of the segment and wrote, "Its CJA and sad to say it is not fake," almost as if it was some sort of warning or something about which we should all feel sad. You may think it IS sad...that's your opinion. But please don't follow it up by saying you have the utmost respect for CJA and their coaches because it doesn't feel sincere.

Okay, the horse has been SO beaten to death..We're basically eating horse burgers...:)

Chelsea didn't have to edit that to make her look bad, that was the way it was shown on Lifetime too! Maybe Patty Ann is a great coach and genuinely loves and cares for the girls in her program and you seem to be very happy at CJA but, the way she portrayed herself on the show was not very good, especially the part where the team is on the floor competeing and they show her on the sideline yelling, "come on b*tches", while there is a baby in a stroller right behind her. I heard her several times refer to the girls as b*tches and maybe there is an inside joke there that all the families are ok with but, when it is shown on national TV, it does looks bad.
I watched the show on Lifetime as well. and thats why they call it "REALITY" its edited to look worse then it really is. and I have seen a lot of other coaches yell at there athletes and i'm not just talking about cheerleading!!

I watched the show on Lifetime as well. and thats why they call it "REALITY" its edited to look worse then it really is. and I have seen a lot of other coaches yell at there athletes and i'm not just talking about cheerleading!!
hey sorry about that comment it was sent to you instead of someone else..so dont take any offense to it. and it probably wont make sense either.

i think if the lifetime producers chose a "big" gym or a world champion gym and the coaches used the word bitches, (which i'm sure there are coaches at big gyms that do) then nobody would have any problem with it. the people complaining about using the word bitches are probably the same people that said they should have picked a more "well known" gym. i love CJA and the show and i hope it gets picked up for more episodes!

IMO, I really liked watching the show Jersey Cheer. But I loveeee me some Chelsea Handler, and thought the clip was hysterical!! .. Obviously I respect the sport for what it is, it's my life!!! But I am not gonna lie, I had a good laugh when I watched that clip. Don't forget Chelsea is a comedian that is her job, just like cheerleading is ours! On another note I really hoping that Jersey Cheer gets picked up over that mini whatever it was called

I would hope the end skit is fake :p

But seriously, CJA is a terrible example of cheerleading. Just pathetic.

I would not say CJA is a terrible example. Overall in New Jersey, they are a strong team in all divisons and are well-known in Jersey. They have great parents, but as an organization from what I "have been told" they are very strict.

The problem is the are on a "reality show" on top of it, it's on lifetime. Lifetime is known for drama, so that's what they will give you. Drama. They didn't go on a documentary on CNN or something like that like other gyms, but they went to Lifetime. That is what the problem is, IMO. Lifetime will make it seem worse or more dramatic than it really is rather than you being on a documentary from CNN or others.

CJA is a team that other smaller gyms in Jersey looked at and our one of the bigger known gyms along with World Cup, South Jersey Storm and many others.

I'll make this short and simple. For the record I'm a CJA parent.

1. HALF of the people who post on here negatively about Jersey Cheer and Patty Ann from WORLD CUP are haters and mad they weren't chosen for a show. The other half, like my friend who has a daughter on the Starlites, are nice wonderful people. So "WC dad" get over it and see you at World's. Let's have coffee.

2. Everyone is entitled to their opinion I believe, however, if you have NOT seen the show how can you make an assessment at all? If you choose to base your opinion off of a parody from Chelsea Lately you are ignorant at best because Chelsea was doing her job. A serious parody from a comedian defeats the purpose of her show.

3. In the end folks this is the fierceboard. Our own kids read it as well as other kids all over the world. Let's make sure we can be respectful when agreeing and disagreeing, because we represent the cheer community as well. Not just the coaches and athletes, but we the parents.

Can't wait to see everyone at World's. Good luck to all the teams. See you there.

Back