All-Star Lying About Cheering At A Gym

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was once messaged from someone who wanted to tell me how she really liked watching our team at competitions and stuff, and i replied by saying thank you. Then it quickly escalated and she started sharing EVERYTHING about herself, she told me she lives about 45 min from me saying she was an elite gymnast who also competes on a lv. 3 all star team. Said she was trying out for my lv 5 team (then said she made it, and was going to be at next practice) but she never showed up, and then proceeded to tell me she was happy to stay on her lv. 3 team (even though she's an 'elite gymnast' with 'advanced tumbling') then said she watches me at competitions and how good the team was and how she wants to take a picture with me at a competition, yet i have never ever seen her at competition, even though she claims shes there - she even sent a cell phone video of my team (from the top of the stands, really crappy quality) saying she was watching us compete... It kind of creeps me out, but the weird thing is she has what seems to be a fully legitimate facebook account with pictures of her with girls from other teams i compete against. She also said shes moving to the same city as me (in the same neighbour hood as me...so she can cheer at the same gym as me...), and said she had enrolled in the same HS as me...
whats weird is I have never shared anything about my personal life with her, or my school, or friends or anything... and i am very carful with what i post (99% of my pictures on facebook are cheer related).
Whether or not she is who she claims she is, she lied about supposedly making the same team i'm on... I just dont understand why people do that, like do they think I will not realize when you're not at practice? uhh.
:confused:

There are a myriad of reasons why someone would lie about where they cheer, just as people lie about where they went to college, etc. It's just a lot easier to call someone out on it now in the age of social media.

I don't know, I think it's more sad than anything. Sure, I don't want to see kids stalked or scammed or anything like that. But a lot of times ignoring them works almost as well as calling them out and embarrassing them - especially it's just someone seeking attention.

I was once messaged from someone who wanted to tell me how she really liked watching our team at competitions and stuff, and i replied by saying thank you. Then it quickly escalated and she started sharing EVERYTHING about herself, she told me she lives about 45 min from me saying she was an elite gymnast who also competes on a lv. 3 all star team. Said she was trying out for my lv 5 team (then said she made it, and was going to be at next practice) but she never showed up, and then proceeded to tell me she was happy to stay on her lv. 3 team (even though she's an 'elite gymnast' with 'advanced tumbling') then said she watches me at competitions and how good the team was and how she wants to take a picture with me at a competition, yet i have never ever seen her at competition, even though she claims shes there - she even sent a cell phone video of my team (from the top of the stands, really crappy quality) saying she was watching us compete... It kind of creeps me out, but the weird thing is she has what seems to be a fully legitimate facebook account with pictures of her with girls from other teams i compete against. She also said shes moving to the same city as me (in the same neighbour hood as me...so she can cheer at the same gym as me...), and said she had enrolled in the same HS as me...
whats weird is I have never shared anything about my personal life with her, or my school, or friends or anything... and i am very carful with what i post (99% of my pictures on facebook are cheer related).
Whether or not she is who she claims she is, she lied about supposedly making the same team i'm on... I just dont understand why people do that, like do they think I will not realize when you're not at practice? uhh.
:confused:
That still seems to be a bit much! I can see someone admiring you, but when it becomes more is when it gets almost scary.

There are a myriad of reasons why someone would lie about where they cheer, just as people lie about where they went to college, etc. It's just a lot easier to call someone out on it now in the age of social media.

I don't know, I think it's more sad than anything. Sure, I don't want to see kids stalked or scammed or anything like that. But a lot of times ignoring them works almost as well as calling them out and embarrassing them - especially it's just someone seeking attention.
I don't think "slamming" someone is ok, but neither is lying.

Priceless!
This is fantastic. My favorite is when you go to help a HS and they line up to tumble and you ask girls what they are working on . My latest experience a girl told me she cheered level 5 at a popular gym. I said fantastic so what pass are you working on and she asks me to bump her on a ro tuck lol....ok girl.

I just started helping a high school team in our area, the coach told me she had a girl that cheered all-stars. When I got there I asked the girl where she cheered, she told me she cheered at my gym and was on my team (I've never seen this child before). I politely told her that has missed a lot of practices.
WOW! This is getting out of hand. I would be upset as a gym owner because they are a representation of the gym. We have to be careful how we behave on social media and at school because we are a reflection of them.

Right now instagram is out of hand. People are posting pictures of girls in gym uniforms ridiculing them and their programs. Gym owners only have so much time to police all social media.

As a parent, I encourage my daughter to only post pics of her fully clothed not in a bathing suit. There are pics of girls out there in underwear.

I don't think "slamming" someone is ok, but neither is lying.

Having seen this situation occur in the past, I think that often the immediate reaction is to go all "omg u r such a liar" to anyone that will listen. That isn't always helpful.

A lot of times not indulging the person's second life, or even privately talking to them, is better than publicly outing them. A "public outing" should be closer to a last resort than the first line of attack.

This is fantastic. My favorite is when you go to help a HS and they line up to tumble and you ask girls what they are working on . My latest experience a girl told me she cheered level 5 at a popular gym. I said fantastic so what pass are you working on and she asks me to bump her on a ro tuck lol....ok girl.
this i really don't get, why would you tell someone who obviously know stuff about cheerleading and who will see what you are actually able to do within the next 5 minutes you can do sth you actually can't? I would be so embarrassed if i was her

Having seen this situation occur in the past, I think that often the immediate reaction is to go all "omg u r such a liar" to anyone that will listen. That isn't always helpful.

A lot of times not indulging the person's second life, or even privately talking to them, is better than publicly outing them. A "public outing" should be closer to a last resort than the first line of attack.
Again, I'm not saying bashing is ok, but a liar is a liar and I don't see a problem calling them as such.

this i really don't get, why would you tell someone who obviously know stuff about cheerleading and who will see what you are actually able to do within the next 5 minutes you can do sth you actually can't? I would be so embarrassed if i was her
The best part was that she was not embarrassed at all, she then told me that she did not actually cheer on level 5, but level 3 at a different gym lol, then she told me she was a level 9 gymnast, she was hilarious. Afterward I let her know that I was aware that none of that was true and all of that might work with 'sponsors' that don't coach or have experience but with people that do you will look pretty foolish. Hope she learned her lesson.

The best part was that she was not embarrassed at all, she then told me that she did not actually cheer on level 5, but level 3 at a different gym lol, then she told me she was a level 9 gymnast, she was hilarious. Afterward I let her know that I was aware that none of that was true and all of that might work with 'sponsors' that don't coach or have experience but with people that do you will look pretty foolish. Hope she learned her lesson.

:confused: that is one of those moments when i feel embarrassed for other people

So weird. I don't get the point. I can't imagine being called out on something like that either. But then again it's obvi that I'm on F5, so I don't have that problem.

I have to say, I love you and everything you post.

I can't imagine what possesses these people to assume a new identity. Or exaggerate the one they have. When did being you become uncool or something

Back