All-Star Lying About Cheering At A Gym

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We just moved to Virginia from Glen Burnie, MD-home of the world famous Maryland Twisters. My daughter took some classes at Twisters, but she cheered for East Coast Majestic Allstars. Anyway, she went to school with a girl who claimed to be on F5. She continually posts things about being at competition with her F5 sisters, posts pictures that are at a distance so you can't really tell who it is, etc. Yesterday she posted a picture of a girl doing a needle at a comp and said "look how far I've come!"-clearly wasn't her. It drives my daughter crazy because she knows how hard those F5 girls work. I've told her just to ignore her, unfriend her, block her, whatever, so she doesn't see it. That girl has bigger issues and you can't change people like that. If they aren't lying about cheer, it will be something else.

We just moved to Virginia from Glen Burnie, MD-home of the world famous Maryland Twisters. My daughter took some classes at Twisters, but she cheered for East Coast Majestic Allstars. Anyway, she went to school with a girl who claimed to be on F5. She continually posts things about being at competition with her F5 sisters, posts pictures that are at a distance so you can't really tell who it is, etc. Yesterday she posted a picture of a girl doing a needle at a comp and said "look how far I've come!"-clearly wasn't her. It drives my daughter crazy because she knows how hard those F5 girls work. I've told her just to ignore her, unfriend her, block her, whatever, so she doesn't see it. That girl has bigger issues and you can't change people like that. If they aren't lying about cheer, it will be something else.
I can see where she's coming from though because when you know someone works hard for what they have and someone else tries to take credit for what they've accomplished it's annoying to think that they get noticed for something they didn't do.

Absolutely hate when people claim to cheer at a gym they don't actually cheer at. A kid I used to cheer with at my old gym used to do it all the time and it irked me so bad.

My daughter is in 4th grade. She told me at the beginning of the school year that a girl at her school (same grade) was a cheerleader at Brandon Allstars. The girl wore Brandon Allstar shirts to school as well. My daughter cheers across town at Stars Athletics (25.6 miles) , but Brandon Allstars is actually closer to us (22.0 miles). I asked what team but my daughter didn't know. I was driving my daughter to practice with a few other girls on her team and I asked the high school girl if she knew what team this girl was on since the girl lives in their neighborhood. Apparently the little girl was lying. Her neighbors are a Brandon Allstar family that gave the girl their outgrown clothes to include cheer shirts. The girl doesn't cheer at all, anywhere.

Kids want to feel they belong and are part of something and often don't think of the ramifications of lying. When I was in 6th grade I had a Minny Mouse phone book that I brought to school to write everyone's phone numbers in. This boy I liked saw it and said oh, did you get that at Disney? I had never been to Disney, I had never been on a plane, my family did not take trips like that. Without thinking I said yes, and when he asked me where we stayed, I told him I couldn't remember. He mentioned some hotel where obviously his family had stayed, so I told him that we had stayed in the same one. Of course his mom and my mom were friends and his mom mentioned to my mom about how she didn't realize we had stayed in the same hotel they had once stayed in. Yep, busted. I was mortified and couldn't look at him for months. I don't even know if his mom told him I had lied but I still cringe when I think about it.
Of course, like it has been mentioned above, social media nowadays makes it much harder to perpetuate lies of kids cheering at gyms they have never set foot in, but yet, they will still do it and think no one will find out.

I just don't see how she would think that's okay! I would be embarrassed! But I guess some people just don't care.
i don't see either. three days later, my friend came and told me that the girl who claimed herself as the dancer at his dance team just resigned her job as cleaning officer at that studio. it turned out that she had lied to many people (not only me). when everyone knew that she was just big fat liar, she might be so embarrassed to show her face around anymore until she resigned her job and just disappeared. my friend, his dance teammates, and i never see this girl anymore since then

i don't see either. three days later, my friend came and told me that the girl who claimed herself as the dancer at his dance team just resigned her job as cleaning officer at that studio. it turned out that she had lied to many people (not only me). when everyone knew that she was just big fat liar, she might be so embarrassed to show her face around anymore until she resigned her job and just disappeared. my friend, his dance teammates, and i never see this girl anymore since then
This reminds me of what happened to me a couple weeks ago actually! Two of my friends and I were in a store and I had my cheerpower champion jacket on. A guy came up and asked if it was an allstar team I cheered on and we had a conversation about cheerleading. He seemed to know a lot. And then he asked about my gym and described one of my coaches and asked if he still worked there. He claimed he had cheered and won states and had a big story about cheering with his fiance and it was adorable. Well...we got back to the gym and asked my coach and he described the guy and we were excited he knew him until he told us he used to work with him and he had never cheered a day in his life. After that we were completely creeped out.

I was once messaged from someone who wanted to tell me how she really liked watching our team at competitions and stuff, and i replied by saying thank you. Then it quickly escalated and she started sharing EVERYTHING about herself, she told me she lives about 45 min from me saying she was an elite gymnast who also competes on a lv. 3 all star team. Said she was trying out for my lv 5 team (then said she made it, and was going to be at next practice) but she never showed up, and then proceeded to tell me she was happy to stay on her lv. 3 team (even though she's an 'elite gymnast' with 'advanced tumbling') then said she watches me at competitions and how good the team was and how she wants to take a picture with me at a competition, yet i have never ever seen her at competition, even though she claims shes there - she even sent a cell phone video of my team (from the top of the stands, really crappy quality) saying she was watching us compete... It kind of creeps me out, but the weird thing is she has what seems to be a fully legitimate facebook account with pictures of her with girls from other teams i compete against. She also said shes moving to the same city as me (in the same neighbour hood as me...so she can cheer at the same gym as me...), and said she had enrolled in the same HS as me...
whats weird is I have never shared anything about my personal life with her, or my school, or friends or anything... and i am very carful with what i post (99% of my pictures on facebook are cheer related).
Whether or not she is who she claims she is, she lied about supposedly making the same team i'm on... I just dont understand why people do that, like do they think I will not realize when you're not at practice? uhh.
:confused:

I'm in complete agreement with Whit_Marieee on this one - this is quite extreme and they seem to really be singling you out. I presume you have talked to your folks about this so that they are aware of this - if not please do so ASAP.

I know someone who has "cheered" at approximately six zillion gyms (for like two months each time before "suddenly" stopping), posted facebook pics of himself in other teams uniforms as his profile pic (i.e. Top Gun), posted a pic of himself wearing a gold medal from worlds (how he got that i have NO idea--he did not compete at worlds last year, nevermind medal), and worked at Woodward for like two weeks during summer 2011 before bashing them at the beginning of summer 2012.
b9bo8k.png

I'm not sure if this counts as "lying" about cheering at a gym, but something's clearly going on.

I'm no expert on lying, however, it seems there are three types of situations going on. One is slanderous, and lying to destroy a reputation. The second appears to be nothing but, low self-esteem, and somehow, they have decided cheering at a certain gym or on a certain level will bring respect, conversation or admiration. The third is what I will call recreational lying, just to add to a conversation for fun knowing they will never see you, again. I think they all need to be handled very differently.
Slander, not only needs to be confronted but, warned of the legal implications.
Low self-esteem, I would tread lightly unless you know the stability of the person, definitely do not call them out in a public manner.
Recreational, ignore them, this person doesn't care if you call them out or not and lives for attention, negative or positive. The more angry people get at their blatant lying, the more fun they have.
cfwp.cheerleader I would put your situation in the "stalking" category and definitely feel you should bring that to someone's attention if you haven't, pronto!

Back