All-Star Majors Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

im glad i missed the twitter drama, cause the one i only ever notice is between f5/SE is there about to be a new one in large senior?.. oh lawd :banghead: i can only handle one. on another note, this is just majors.

Well you're right with Senior Elite but not F5.
Just to be clear (not directed at you, everyone), it was NOT anyone on the team/coaches/parents that were being hateful and rude before anyone thinks bad of them! It was just alumni, mostly who have just aged out.
I doubt anyone on Senior Elite or the coaches even saw or cared what these girls were writing about them though.

yeah im sorry but not one team had awesome jumps, their is always going to be a few people who arent good at jumps but excel in other areas. even during worlds, jumps arent always sky high and perfect.

I thought SSX had great jumps!

Stars has never had the best jumps, but I think what you're seeing is jumps being sacrificed for stunting difficulty. Prolonged, difficult stunting is exhausting. As the kids get more conditioned, I'm sure their jump height will improve. Give them a break.

Last edited:
RIGHT. I actually really like Shooting Stars this year. And I completely agree with your point.

PREPARE YOURSELF FOR DISLIKES.
LAL gave me one. I'll take it. :D

And believe it or not- I too enjoy Stars this year. Most..."alive" they've looked in a while. Like they're actually competing with other people rather than competing with themselves to make it work somehow.

ETA: Of the videos I watched, seeing as everyone wants all teams to be included on the 'dislike' train- Stars, LB, and F5 had some jump disasters this weekend. I'd say SSX, Cheetahs, and Panthers are looking tops. Heck, even SE for all the disasters they had, their jumps were pretty well-timed. It's not always about sky-high. Sometimes just getting everybody horizontal and together looks beautiful.

Last edited:
I really think nerves had a lot to deal with some of these performances. You get one shot and the teams you are up against are just as good. It'd be an intense feeling. And yeah it's janurary but a lot of these teams usually don't compete against each other til NCA.
That's a very good point about the one and done. Even at Worlds although only one performance counts you still have a first day to get the jitters out.
Possibly but most, if not all, are well seasoned athletes. They've been in this situation many times before and probably been in cheer for over 10 years. I do get the 1st day jitters, but to affect these athletes that much? The best of the best teams out there?

I personally think that many teams are lacking execution and technique in January because these routines are pretty freakin' hard. The difficulty goes up every year, so to me, it would make sense that it will take a little longer to be worlds ready each year. Everybody has their own areas they can work on, but I think all the teams are obviously trying their best and doing a great job at this point.

I personally think that many teams are lacking execution and technique in January because these routines are pretty freakin' hard. The difficulty goes up every year, so to me, it would make sense that it will take a little longer to be worlds ready each year. Everybody has their own areas they can work on, but I think all the teams are obviously trying their best and doing a great job at this point.
I'm kinda thinking the same thing. Which how difficult these level 5 routines have become, and how fast, I wonder when the time will come when teams aren't going to hit. I'm not calling out any teams specifically, and I know this isn't NCA or Worlds, but it seems like almost everyone is struggling to hit or it's messy. I'll be interested to see how teams perform at NCA and Worlds.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Possibly but most, if not all, are well seasoned athletes. They've been in this situation many times before and probably been in cheer for over 10 years. I do get the 1st day jitters, but to affect these athletes that much? The best of the best teams out there?
That would be an interesting stat to figure out. I can say that on my kid's team there are several boys who are new to cheer and/or level five all together and have never been in that situation. I'd say the girls are more seasoned in that sense. Where a guy might be put right on that team and trained on the job (so to speak) that's a lot less likely to happen with a girl. I wonder if that's the case across the board for coed teams. Plus I also wonder about turnover. I only know about my kids team but even the posts at the beginning of the season referenced all the new faces and that people barely recognized anyone on the team. That's true for us anyway and I can say even those who've been in cheer before have never experienced the Majors. Not sure if that's unique just to us. That's probably why I'm so proud of what they did.

I agree they are "the best of the best" in terms of what team they are on, but when it comes down to it they are all still 14, 15, 16 year old kids who have the same emotions as anyone else would.

i've taken countless finals in school and i get just as nervous each time, even if i am prepared. Just because they have been in a similar situation does not mean they wont have nerves.

Everybody gets nervous. Even if you say you don't, you do.

Back