All-Star March Nca Dalles Questions For Those That Have Been.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The practice friday is like a 'competition warm up'. At NCA they have something like 8 warm up areas -(stunting, tumbling, full floor), and you have a chance to practice what your warm up will look like. The first year I went our teams scheduled friday practice was at like 9 in the morning and there was NO ONE in the gym! but last year we practiced at like 7 at night and every practice rotation was packed!!
It's not mandatory but I know lots of teams take advantage of it - as NCA is very overwhelming if you don't know what to expect (at least it was for me the first year i went).

You also have the option of practicing for free at Cheer Athletics (the Friday before AS Nationals). It is about two blocks from a DART (public train) station. One could easily take DART from downtown (or the convention center itself) and walk to the gym. The gym will be open and we have 6-7 practice areas. I think a DART ride is like $1-$2 dollars.

You also have the option of practicing for free at Cheer Athletics (the Friday before AS Nationals). It is about two blocks from a DART (public train) station. One could easily take DART from downtown (or the convention center itself) and walk to the gym. The gym will be open and we have 6-7 practice areas. I think a DART ride is like $1-$2 dollars.
Well that is pretty darn cool!! :shimmy:

As everyone has said, practice at the convention center is not mandatory per NCA but may be mandatory per your gym. For timing, ASCheerMan should be your go to guy! I'm sure NCA has at least started working on schedules now and should have them out in a reasonable amount of time for you to make travel changes if absolutely necessary.

As everyone has said, practice at the convention center is not mandatory per NCA but may be mandatory per your gym. For timing, ASCheerMan should be your go to guy! I'm sure NCA has at least started working on schedules now and should have them out in a reasonable amount of time for you to make travel changes if absolutely necessary.
Thanks for helping field these questions:

A few points:
1. For the sake of workload and resources, I can only personally handle questions from coaches representing the 831 teams currently registered. If you are a parent, I need you to go through your gym with your questions. They may already have the answer. I hope that isn't coming across as rude. I just literally wouldn't have time to answer calls/emails from parents of all 18,000 athletes. I've fielded calls from 2 parents wanting to know if their daughter's division was going to be in the Arena or not. I can't verify anything right now.
2. If you are a Junior team or below, you can safely book a flight home on Sunday evening after 8pm. Other than that, we make no promises or guarantees about the schedule. The first round of the schedule won't be available until atleast the beginning of February. The Performance Order is a incredibly complex and hinges on many things, including Division Splits. We wait to split divisions until after as many registrations are in house so we can accurately create enough fair competition.
3. Practice Mat sign up will happen at a time much closer to the event. Coaches should join our Facebook group, the 'Inner-Circle' for the latest updates.

I admit I haven't had time to read all the responses, so I apologize if I'm repeating. My daughter's done NCA for 13-14 years and in the past NCA's website has had the block schedule up way before they have the real schedule up. It will tell the general time frames of different divisions/levels. It's a big help. LOL it's also very easy to figure out how many teams will be in your division just by checking this general block schedule and doing the math. I hope this helps a little. :)

I think my CP would be just so thrilled if her team opted for this experience!

Back