All-Star Most Embarrassing Cheer Moments

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I had to get 2 fillings both on the right side of my mouth, one on the top and one on the bottom and when ever I would talk my mouth would go to the left side, but the sad part was I also had to cheer at my schools basketball game that night. So the whole time I was doing the motions without the words.

I spoke in the other thread about the time my CPs fake ponytail came completely out on the blue mat right before competing with her Mini 3 team (I was team mom for that team and happened to be in the back to re-attatch it...)

That same day she had been warming up with her Youth 2 team (which performed first) and one of her teammates stepped on her ponytail ( I never did understand how THAT happened) and she ended up performing with her ponytail hanging on to her head by a thread...not cute at all

This one's in the gym:
I have really long hair. And when Im too lazy to straighten it, I wear it in a braid. So one day while coaching cheer camp I was sitting on the floor when my coworker tackled me to the ground and taped my braid to the piece of carpet with a piece of velcro. Then everyone stood around and took pictures. Here's some:
2e1x8hd.png

This one's in the gym:
I have really long hair. And when Im too lazy to straighten it, I wear it in a braid. So one day while coaching cheer camp I was sitting on the floor when my coworker tackled me to the ground and taped my braid to the piece of carpet with a piece of velcro. Then everyone stood around and took pictures. Here's some:
2e1x8hd.png
Love that there's a pair of scissors next to you! Makes it look like they're cutting your hair of :D

not SUPER embarrassing, but a girl quit the morning of competition, for whatever reason, so, being one of the faster learners on the team, I had to take her dance spot, and an alternate (who knew my part) took my spot. best recipe for disaster, went to the wrong spot in the dance, and when I got back into the spot I was supposed to be in, forgot the choreography.. I was one of the taller people on the team, and being a boy, kinda stood out.. (learned the dance in an hour, we competed at like 9 am)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6OrRxYFXRs
This is my embarassing moment... we started the season as junior 4 and had to go level 5 for dallas. We threw together this routine and this was our first competition as level 5. I was the flyer in the last basket for tosses and had to run to the front of the pyramid to catch a flip. My base gave me a 'little' push to get me there and instead of falling in the back i tried to stay up and ended up awkwardly running to the front and face planting on my way to the pyramid...yay.

you guys were pretty darn good for first time level 5..

not SUPER embarrassing, but a girl quit the morning of competition, for whatever reason, so, being one of the faster learners on the team, I had to take her dance spot, and an alternate (who knew my part) took my spot. best recipe for disaster, went to the wrong spot in the dance, and when I got back into the spot I was supposed to be in, forgot the choreography.. I was one of the taller people on the team, and being a boy, kinda stood out.. (learned the dance in an hour, we competed at like 9 am)

Similar thing happened to my cp. My daughter was on the tiny team last year. We also have a mini team that she wasn't on initially but a few days before hand we found out that a girl on mini's wouldn't be able to make a competition so they asked my CP to cross up. So she practiced with the girls and learned most of it. The girl who was missing was like front center whole routine so instead of moving some mini's around and just putting my daughter in back they just put my CP in the girls spot up front. After practicing my daughter had the whole thing but the dance she knew none of it. This was a Thursday and no one could teach her the dance on Friday because the coaches were all on the college team and also had a big competition coming up so couldn't miss! So that Saturday we got to the competition when they opened we were like one of the first ones to compete. So there wasn't alot of extra time and this was at like 7am. Since my daughter was on tiny's she had to perform instead of having alot of time to learn the dance for mini's. They ran threw it with her a couple times and that was it. She was 5 so it was so bad. I have the video and she was so lost. She cried afterwards because she thought that's why her mini team didn't get 1st. Atleast her tiny team did so after awards she was all better!

It's scary wether you 5 or 15 learning all that in the last minute just to compete it. Being up front there is no faking or copying so you just got to wing it!

Back