All-Star Nca All Star Prep

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I didn't just say skill level, I said "next skill level or category of commitment". There is a different commitment level in prep versus full year all star, and it has nothing to do with work ethic or skill level. This shouldn't be something kids, parents, or coaches should be insulted by, the quality and prestige of an award is designed to keep kids working and wanting the next level of award.
Right, I was addressing your comment about us debating skill level and work ethic of prep vs all star at the end.

I agree the nicer jackets may make the kids want to move up to all star, sometimes they have no choice. And that's okay. It's about money here with the jackets, no need for the skill level and work ethic of prep to ever have been brought up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Right, I was addressing your comment about us debating skill level and work ethic of prep vs all star at the end.

I agree the nicer jackets may make the kids want to move up to all star, sometimes they have no choice. And that's okay. It's about money here with the jackets, no need for the skill level and work ethic of prep to ever have been brought up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
No one was ever saying they lack work ethic. Multiple people even made point to say that wasn't the point. My comments were never intending to be viewed in a "mean" way. Regardless of how your gym uses prep teams, that's not the true and original intention for prep teams.

Kind of off topic but the year I won NCA College they didn't give NCA jackets to the intermediate divisions, but afaik the season before us and the season after they did.

I'm not saying I'm still salty but... okay maybe I am.

Edit: The ring was nice tho

I don't want this to come across rude but it probably will be...
Regardless of the "intent" of prep teams the majority are not being used as "beginner" teams. Some kids, regardless of their skill level are only able to ever do a prep team. It has nothing to do with working harder so they can be on a regular or real team. My 16 year old asked if she could do AS again, I laughed so hard I almost fell out of my chair. There is literally no way I could ever afford it...period. I am officially priced out. The vast majority of prep athletes are on those teams because it's more cost effective and it's the only thing they can afford. She's probably one of the hardest working kids I know but I've looked at prices, when she was 9 I would pay $3000 for a season, yesterday I added up costs and it was close to $7,000 for her to a senior 2 team. F that noise.
Should they get the letterman jacket? Probably not but you can always buy a jacket at the gift shop on your way out anyway.

Back