All-Star Nca Nationals 2021

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The good thing I can really see with the results since everyone is “hitting” their routines. No one can say afterwards that “if this team had hit they would have won.”

Nobody:

The entire cheer internet:

*scours every program/athlete social media account to see which teams are posting "WE HIT ZERO" v. which ones aren't*

You KNOW they're doing it. Some parents probably are too.

Also cue: "(Team Name) didn't post ANYTHING about NCA they probably lost!"

(When in actuality no one knows because some programs are probably being super private.)

This is going to be a long week.

The good thing I can really see with the results since everyone is “hitting” their routines. No one can say afterwards that “if this team had hit they would have won.”

I don’t think CP’s team got a totally perfect take. So they can still say “we would have won if...” lol.

At start of the season, I assumed that everyone would be hitting zero and scoring super high all the time at virtual events. (Like BSB level 99s all season.)

I've seen people saying it's ACTUALLY been the OPPOSITE.

Their scores are trending LOWER at the virtual comps v. in person.

Not every team is sending in perfect routines. We don't get to do routine an unlimited amount of times for athlete safety and logistical reasons. We had injuries, ice storms, etc. that limited things also. I am sure other gyms had similar. Also, if you know you have multiple tries, you are slightly less likely to water down - at least initially. The risk/reward curve moves around a bit.

I would imagine there are fewer mistakes than if the event had been live, but it won't be 100% zeros.

Last edited:
Not every team is sending in perfect routines. We don't get to do routine an unlimited amount of times for athlete safety and logistical reasons. We injuries, ice storms, etc. that limited things also. I am sure other gyms had similar. Also, if you know you have multiple tries, you are slightly less likely to water down - at least initially. The risk/reward curve moves around a bit.

I would imagine there are fewer mistakes than if the event had been live, but it won't be 100% zeros.

There are still some of the same limitations for sure.

Murphy's Law states that in the event of a virtual event, people will still be as late as they would be if they had to wake up at 6am in a hotel out of town. Similar to adults being late to a staff meeting that does not require them to do anything but walk downstairs to the home office.

Murphy's Law of Full Outs also states that should you go full out more than 3x consecutively in a practice, each additional full out will be exponentially worse than the one before it.

Science.

I can't believe it's already NCA. I feel like this season is like a fever dream honestly. I've seen teams recently who didn't have full choreography or their music yet. It's wild.

It appears that teams/coaches will get scores now but no awards til the event.

I saw that programs are also asking kids not to share them though so the awards are still a surprise.

Asking kids not to share or leak this and keep it private for like a week is like that toddler experiment where you leave the candy on the table and tell them not to eat it til you return.

I am sure this is going to go well.

Especially when you are a competitive person.

Shoot, if you had told me to wait and not share or seek scores from other school coaches, I couldn't have kept from doing it as an adult.

We would literally all end up playing score Guess Who.

"Hey CHS does your score have a 9 in the tens place?"

There is talk of "releasing" intentionally incorrect scores (resulting in different rankings) to the anon accounts to mess them up.

There is talk of "releasing" intentionally incorrect scores (resulting in different rankings) to the anon accounts to mess them up.

I need someone to do this!

CA Athlete: "You have to pinky promise not to use my name or say where you got it but Cheetahs got 3.75 points in deductions on Day 2."

Dumb questions... do you get anything for second or third place? Or is it really just about winning? Like is there a banner or anything?
I believe they said you get medals this year for 2nd & 3rd? There are trophies for finalists and/or top ten I think.

Whether it is "just about winning" seems like the wrong way to phrase the question. I hope it is more than "just about winning", but the initial emotion when you find out your placement depends largely on your expectations, history, etc.

I believe they said you get medals this year for 2nd & 3rd? There are trophies for finalists and/or top ten I think.

Whether it is "just about winning" seems like the wrong way to phrase the question. I hope it is more than "just about winning", but the initial emotion when you find out your placement depends largely on your expectations, history, etc.

Yeah, probably not the best wording. But good to hear there are medals!

COA Midwest Nationals is taking place this weekend at the SAME venue as the Winter Cup/Nastia Liukin Cup Artistic Gymnastics Championships.

That’s a lot of people, yikes.

COA Midwest Nationals is taking place this weekend at the SAME venue as the Winter Cup/Nastia Liukin Cup Artistic Gymnastics Championships.

That’s a lot of people, yikes.
There’s another one day competition tomorrow too. Indy convention center is pretty big though and seemed pretty empty when I was there this morning. They’re being very strict about moving at the right times and not letting people in early/ stick around after.

Back