All-Star Nca Nationals 2021

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So someone can correct me if this is wrong. The reasoning given several years ago is that the music producer retains the rights to the music. The competition then has the rights to play it live at the competition, but the producer has to give them permission to use the music for any replay videos. It's like how in 2019, New Level/CMP gave permission for USASF to play their music over videos for Worlds, which is why those routines have music for Worlds 2019 routines on FloCheer.
I'm not sure what the difference is for CheerMatch. I was thinking since it's the gym's videos that it can have sound. I know I have seen videos from Varsity virtuals that have music, but not all of them. And it seems that after some time, that audio goes away.

I wonder how/if this problem can be solved so that routines can actually be enjoyed aside from Live Broadcasts. Wouldn't it benefit music producers if more people actually heard their work and were like, "I love so-and-so team's music, let's use that producer for our own routine"? What if the producer's name appeared somewhere on the Varsity videos to give credit to them? I don't see how it benefits anyone to have everyone watching competitions as if we are deaf. What's the point of producing music if you don't want anyone to hear it? And more people would actually watch VarsityTV if there was sound. It's sad they've been unable to work together to come up with a solution.

I'm also curious about VarsityTV's sudden refusal to make their routine videos free after 5 days, as they had promised. I don't know if this is on purpose or just forgetfulness on their part, but videos from Feb 20-21 are still behind a paywall even though all the previous weeks' competitions can be viewed. I'm surprised parents trying to watch their kids from that week haven't complained and gotten this fixed yet (or maybe they have and it's fallen on deaf ears). Considering that ads play before viewing routines, you would think VarsityTV would want more people to actually watch their videos. They've stated that the NCA Nationals videos will be available for free on March 11, and let's see if they keep their word. There's something about Flo that just feels off.

The cheerleading fandom is never going to grow much further than the moms of the competitors and former/current cheerleaders if they continue to make it this inaccessible and difficult to watch. Compare this to a sport like gymnastics that has a ton of fans who have never put on a leotard. And even that sport unfortunately has recently partnered with Flo, much to the dismay of fans. But I've yet to see a gymnastics event where the floor music was on mute.

Last edited:
^ It's mind-boggling!

My favorite part of this is where Varsity forces gyms to take down videos on their own gym channels.

Of their own teams.

With routines they choreographed.

Wild.

Literally the only things gyms can post are routines from showcases and such.

You summed it up correctly. It's funny, my husband and I were watching HGTV and we were noticing all the book spines turned in toward the wall and the pages were turned outward on all of their shelving. Evidently people thought this was a new trend, however, Jasmine Roth came out and said it was because of copyrights. It seems rather over the top, I can't imagine publishers coming for someone displaying their book(s), but according to her, it boils down to the entertainment industry not wanting to research and pay every artist or industry for copyrights/trademarks. It's one thing to get permission for a few things versus thousands according to her.

When it comes to CheerMatch, you can read their terms of service agreement <here>. It appears it falls under Vimeo's terms, which basically states the producer of the video must have copyright permission.

Copyright Policy
You may only upload content that you have the right to upload and share. Copyright owners may send Vimeo a takedown notice as stated in our Copyright Policy if they believe Vimeo is hosting infringing materials. We will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of persons who repeatedly infringe.
Right but do we know if
You summed it up correctly. It's funny, my husband and I were watching HGTV and we were noticing all the book spines turned in toward the wall and the pages were turned outward on all of their shelving. Evidently people thought this was a new trend, however, Jasmine Roth came out and said it was because of copyrights. It seems rather over the top, I can't imagine publishers coming for someone displaying their book(s), but according to her, it boils down to the entertainment industry not wanting to research and pay every artist or industry for copyrights/trademarks. It's one thing to get permission for a few things versus thousands according to her.

When it comes to CheerMatch, you can read their terms of service agreement <here>. It appears it falls under Vimeo's terms, which basically states the producer of the video must have copyright permission.

Copyright Policy
You may only upload content that you have the right to upload and share. Copyright owners may send Vimeo a takedown notice as stated in our Copyright Policy if they believe Vimeo is hosting infringing materials. We will, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of persons who repeatedly infringe.
So at live competitions Varsity is the video producer vs Cheermatch the gym is and they have copyright permission. I wonder if most music producers object to giving Varsity copyright permission, they want to charge them too much for the rights or if gyms have tried to add music rights permission to third party video producers as part of the overall contract and how much extra music producers want for that? It is just such a negative experience watching without the sound for me. I'm probably being naive about all the others issues involved but most of the music is available on sound cloud for free anyway so I would think finding an agreement to include the music with the video is possible.

^ It's mind-boggling!

My favorite part of this is where Varsity forces gyms to take down videos on their own gym channels.

Of their own teams.

With routines they choreographed.

Wild.

Literally the only things gyms can post are routines from showcases and such.
... im curious as to why certain channels dont have their videos taken down, JTV from the looks of it keeps music in all his videos from all the cea competitions... I know the whole andy simon saga, where he fought hard to keep his videos w/ music.

... im curious as to why certain channels dont have their videos taken down, JTV from the looks of it keeps music in all his videos from all the cea competitions... I know the whole andy simon saga, where he fought hard to keep his videos w/ music.

I have no idea. I do know that his most recent Worlds videos (like 2019) couldn't have full routines/music (he got snippets and did interviews) but other than that yes, they are basically comp videos.

I am already starting to hear NCA result spoilers. Telling myself they could easily be false.

scores should of never been released.....
I guess there had to be some way for programs to review score sheet/challenge deductions etc. Though I am expecting many more deduction free routines compared with live events or even Cheermatch...

I guess there had to be some way for programs to review score sheet/challenge deductions etc. Though I am expecting many more deduction free routines compared with live events or even Cheermatch...
But days before and say “don’t share”....lol. Should of been today maybe. I still feel with it being one of most “prestigious” comps it should of been one and done for videoing like other comps are doing.....

I have seen a lot of Worlds teams posting "we hit zero!" Like at least an entire 90% of an entire division.

Going to be interesting.

But days before and say “don’t share”....lol. Should of been today maybe. I still feel with it being one of most “prestigious” comps it should of been one and done for videoing like other comps are doing.....
Oh I 100% agree. It is a joke. I keep saying it but Cheermatch is far, far superior in this regard. A shame NCA could not have negotiated to use the technology for ONE event, or even if they actually worked together to produce it? Would have been another amazing opportunity for CM to showcase their platform but I guess with the patent still pending that wasn't an option??

I have seen a lot of Worlds teams posting "we hit zero!" Like at least an entire 90% of an entire division. Going to be interesting.
Yup. Sure there are certain practical considerations with gym space etc but I know from our program every team "hit". Can't say the same about the one cheermatch we did...

It makes sense to release scores in a timely fashion after video submission (like any sport would), but with the long delay for awards, yeah I agree the scores went out too soon. Expecting hundreds of kids/coaches on social media to "keep a secret" for over a week especially when they're all anxious about the results (especially since it's NCA and a big deal) is far-fetched. I've seen some "I know the results and I'm not telling you!" silliness, and people posting fake scoresheets that some think are real. I'm wondering what exactly the awards ceremony entails that made it necessary to push it back a week.

Back