All-Star Nca Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay so why should anyone talk smack period.... how does it help them grow?.
I cut a lot out so it didn't make a long post lol.
I can see this. It makes sense, a lot actually... BUT until the entire sports community can get this type of mindset, we're honestly just going to have to get over it. Work harder, I mean people will always find something to talk about, that's inevitable and completely unavoidable. It's human nature as well. Like I said, I never said trash talking is good, but it's unavoidable. It's another thing we're just going to have to get over within the sports community.

I can see this. It makes sense, a lot actually... BUT until the entire sports community can get this type of mindset, we're honestly just going to have to get over it. Work harder, I mean people will always find something to talk about, that's inevitable and completely unavoidable. It's human nature as well. Like I said, I never said trash talking is good, but it's unavoidable. It's another thing we're just going to have to get over within the sports community.
I disagree. It is unavoidable, yes, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be called out and condemned when we see it. Bad sportsmanship shouldn't be brushed off.

I disagree. It is unavoidable, yes, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be called out and condemned when we see it. Bad sportsmanship shouldn't be brushed off.
Agree, and it should be actively discouraged at all levels including owners, coaches, parents etc. Probably at the most basic level think about it this way, today's athletes and coaches might be tomorrow's judges and EP's. What sort of reputation do you want your gym to have? One of positivity, self-reflection and good sportsmanship or one of pettiness, rudeness, and brashness?

Agree, and it should be actively discouraged at all levels including owners, coaches, parents etc. Probably at the most basic level think about it this way, today's athletes and coaches might be tomorrow's judges and EP's. What sort of reputation do you want your gym to have? One of positivity, self-reflection and good sportsmanship or one of pettiness, rudeness, and brashness?
This.

Once again don't pin something from a couple athletes on an entire gym, although they respresent the gym, that's categorizing and stereotyping.

Oh of course call it out! That's fine but if you're not going to directly say something to the athletes, don't whine about it.

Hey I need help, I don't want to keep double posting, so how do I reply to more than one post in the same post? Lol if that makes sense lol.

Oh of course call it out! That's fine but if you're not going to directly say something to the athletes, don't whine about it.
Sometimes posting/tweeting directly to specific people creates more drama, and people don't want to be a part of that. Nothing wrong with a general call out, IMO.

Unless you mean saying something like "(some of) the athletes on xyz team need to show better sportsmanship and stop being so crass toward team abc"? That works.

Or you start with you and your team. If you are a parent you work on it in the parent room and with your kid. If your a coach you take the step to change your mind set if you find yourself trash talking. Yes you will always find people who trash talk but it doesn't make it right or mean it is okay and you need to get over it. BE THE CHANGE instead of using excuses for the behavior. Expect more from others and stand up for the change in yourself and in others.

We had a small issue on the team of one of my kids it was minor a misinterpreted text. BUT the first response on the team was this is a no go we as a team are better than this we stick together. The girl apologized and explained she did not mean anything by it. The parents and coaches also focused on the issue and worked together to make sure the girls knew our stance and our gym's stance.

It is avoidable you just have to make the choice and have adults that act as adults and make it the expectation to be better than trash talking.

Hey I need help, I don't want to keep double posting, so how do I reply to more than one post in the same post? Lol if that makes sense lol.
Just hit reply on all of the comments you want to respond to, then type your respective replies, then hit 'Post Reply'.

Sometimes posting/tweeting directly to specific people creates more drama, and people don't want to be a part of that. Nothing wrong with a general call out, IMO.

Unless you mean saying something like "(some of) the athletes on xyz team need to show better sportsmanship and stop being so crass toward team abc"? That works.

Or even better. I wrote a gym after NCA many years back and said how gracious and kind those parents were to me and my mini daughter when we tried to find a seat in the arena.

It was three girls out of 25 (including alternate)s on Aces. Don't be mad at the entire team for three peoples mistake! Stop the hate.
And about difficulty and execution, watch both teams. Aces have more difficulty in stunting for sure. Peach has better execution although Aces are much better this year. You cannot blame a team for a few people's poor choices!!!!
5 teams scored higher than Aces in stunt difficulty, including Peach. 10 teams had the same score as them.

It wouldn't have been talked about as much if the coach hadn't joined in on the bashing. Kids are one thing, but really? And this isn't the first time we've seen this from this team.

ETA: plus there is a ton more to the scoresheet than stunts

Last edited:
Once again don't pin something from a couple athletes on an entire gym, although they respresent the gym, that's categorizing and stereotyping
Ever hear the expression one bad apple spoils the whole barrel? Coaches should be extinguishing the negatively immediately and not fueling it, and once that type of behavior is tolerated it often leads to more of the same. Perception is reality online, so whether it is 3, 13 or 33 it can get retweeted, screen shot etc.

Or you start with you and your team. If you are a parent you work on it in the parent room and with your kid. If your a coach you take the step to change your mind set if you find yourself trash talking. Yes you will always find people who trash talk but it doesn't make it right or mean it is okay and you need to get over it. BE THE CHANGE instead of using excuses for the behavior. Expect more from others and stand up for the change in yourself and in others.

We had a small issue on the team of one of my kids it was minor a misinterpreted text. BUT the first response on the team was this is a no go we as a team are better than this we stick together. The girl apologized and explained she did not mean anything by it. The parents and coaches also focused on the issue and worked together to make sure the girls knew our stance and our gym's stance.

It is avoidable you just have to make the choice and have adults that act as adults and make it the expectation to be better than trash talking.

Not so much as excuses but you have to understand everyone doesn't think like you and I. I'd love to live in a world where there's no trash talking but you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped, nor can you stop people from expressing their feelings.

Quick question... if you own a gym (this is for anyone who wants to reply) would you remove a child from your gym for saying "team xyz is terrible, they drop every stunt at every comp"? First part is an opinion and the second part can possibly be a fact.

Trash talking also depends on how it's taken, I seen on twitter ( I won't mention names) but kids from one gym called kids from another gym "cheaters" because they cross from an L4 to a worlds team the entire season. That was deemed as "trash talking" and "bad sportsmanship".

None of you know me and I usually come off as arrogant Whenever I post in the boards for some reason, but I assure you, I understand trash talking is bad, I agree w some points that were made above as well, I promise. But I honestly think it's something you have to get over until USASF makes it a rule that athletes can't tweet whatever they want... which may never happen because USASF doesn't own their athletes. Until athletes start getting removed from programs for "bad sportsmanship" nothing will change IMO. I haven't seen anything wild, except for the MAJOR twitter epidemics that I'm pretty sure we all know about. But those are way different than me tweeting "team xyz is so trash, their stunts aren't even level five". And even if people do get something said to them, that's where the anon accounts come into play, honestly people can't even post about how good a team is because people get in their feelings! I've seen "I think wild is so much better than Nfinity" and someone got bent up over this opinion.

Don't think I'm crazy people, I just wanna get it through heads that it's going to take A LOT to change bad sportsmanship and it won't happen overnight, but instead of crying about it, let's take some things into effect and address some coaches or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back