All-Star Nca's Appropriate Choreography Reminder

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Question: What about Cali-Freakin'-Fornia
We all know that "freakin'" is generally used in the place of the F bomb... Is it inappropriate? I know it's judges' discretion, but maybe an opinion on this?

We all know that "freakin'" is generally used in the place of the F bomb... Is it inappropriate? I know it's judges' discretion, but maybe an opinion on this?

That is actually a good question. Growing up and to this day if i say "freakin" around my parents they are not happy campers because they know what it means.

Or what about GT Pink last year in their jumps when it said Shi***. We all knew what it was, it was barely edited...

That is actually a good question. Growing up and to this day if i say "freakin" around my parents they are not happy campers because they know what it means.

Not allowed in my house either. My younger sister actually cheered at ca and her friends/teammates would always say it and post it on facebook and she was not allowed to. Im 22 and I dont even say it lol Totally inappropriate...

I always thought this was a little borderline as well... especially the "junior freakin coed" v/o. Junior is what age 14 and under? Seems a little risque to me.

it's being taken out of their music

it's being taken out of their music

That's why I came on here to ask, I heard it was, and wondered if there was a point in making the effort to do it. If they weren't going to get deducted, it would save their mixers a lot of time, but ah well!

The booty popping wasn't too extreme for me. But, the lifting of the skirts then shaking their butts, then the dance (music was their worst "offensive" choice) but the slap on their butt during the dance made me take a step back. The biggest problem I think they have, is that they just don't have the ability to booty pop and dance like they were trying too. Give that dance to a bunch of girls who can actually dance like it was intended? MTV would've been calling........

The booty popping wasn't too extreme for me. But, the lifting of the skirts then shaking their butts, then the dance (music was their worst "offensive" choice) but the slap on their butt during the dance made me take a step back. The biggest problem I think they have, is that they just don't have the ability to booty pop and dance like they were trying too. Give that dance to a bunch of girls who can actually dance like it was intended? MTV would've been calling........

The drop to squatting and parting the legs took me a little by surprise as well.

The drop to squatting and parting the legs took me a little by surprise as well.
I do agree with that also but still seems harmless to me for some reason. I'm more of the thinking is a choreographed dance move, though it all is nowadays. I just worry that somehow this will be totally blown out of proportion and will end up with dances that are just motions. And also, from my previous statement that about giving that dance to a bunch of girls that can do it, there lies an issue. One persons booty poppin is not the same as another!! Some may seem offensive and some are harmless because well, they just don't have the pop in them!

Is their theme literally booty?
I thought so..considering the amount of popping, bum-centric songs, booty slappin and spanky-flashin/butt-wigglin..

Like so many things in life, a lot of the moves are going to be in the context done. One girl poppin for half a count is not the same as a whole 8 count of just booty poppin (or even hardcore poppin). That sorta kneeling in a straddle spread (I can't think of how to explain it- except it's usually done by center dancer at the end) will look COMPLETELY different and have a different connotation when done by two girls. Drop-squat thigh spreads, to me, are always icky. Maybe it's my 'adult' mind (Ahh, at the ripe age of 22 lol), but I can't think of an APPROPRIATE connotation for that move. In what perfectly normal, family-friendly existence does spreading your thighs in that manner NOT equal/emphasize something inappropriate?

Back