All-Star Nca's Appropriate Choreography Reminder

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yes. I quit inviting anyone I know to allstar events a few years back. I had become too de-sensitized to how inappropriate it is in MY CIRCLE (family, friends) and I embarrassed myself when I had people come. So I don't invite friends or post videos on my Facebook wall. My grandmother would be spinning in her grave at what I have allowed my daughter to do. Spinning so fast, that an earthquake would ensue.

In my circle, you get 2 piercings...one in the left ear and one in the right ear AFTER your 8th birthday. Before age 8 and you get the hairy eyeball (it used to be 12, but as you know, the world has changed;) .) A tattoo...only if you are a career Navy sailor. Booty shorts...never. :oops: I understand these are extremes, but there is a big old World out there filled with people who still think along these lines.

That said NEliteSteven , will you be at Indy or NCA? You make me laugh and I want to meet you.

I also have an extremely foul sense of humor half the time, so if anything actually is extremely inappropriate, it just makes me laugh. :)

But I won't be at either of those next year! Most likely Indy next year. Just UCA and Worlds for me this year! We'll have a moment one of these days though!

The music for me..but that particular music combined w/the dancing is kinda just icing on the cake. Had it been to a completely different mix of music, I don't think I'd be as shocked. The music makes the connotations of the dance appear more lewd, if that makes sense? I can see how other parents would be bothered by the dance. I referenced my father bc he actually knows the lyrics to all of those songs and if he saw that performance, the music combined w/the dance would make him uncomfortable.
I fully agree with your statement ti was the moves it totally was that music. It just makes you think bad things that you shouldn't be thinking.

ASCheerMan what is your thought on the Rockwall routine?
It's a bit awkward for me to critique a performance by a squad to an audience online when the team didn't solicit my opinion. I did love that routine. And I want to clarify that I don't think the Texas Cheer Dance Legislativer scandal from a few years back was a reaction to the Rockwall routine. I could be wrong, but the media used Rockwall footage as broll during their reporting, but I don't remember Rockwall having anything to do with that case.
Anyway, here's my opinion (not necessarily the opinion of the judges or the public or even the official opinion of NCA):
- This routine didn't seem blatantly inappropriate. I agree with what someone said earlier (and its something we tell customers when they ask) that each individual component is rather innocent, but combining the music with the choreography with the performance and I'd call it borderline.
- The letters strategically placed on the bloomers don't bother me because it happens so fast. There isn't a delayed, drawn out emphasis on their backside. The intent seemed pure and not sexual in nature.
- On the other end of that, the booty poppin section of the dance IS delayed and drawn out for too long. It could stand to be cut by 2 to 4 counts.

It's a bit awkward for me to critique a performance by a squad to an audience online when the team didn't solicit my opinion. I did love that routine. And I want to clarify that I don't think the Texas Cheer Dance Legislativer scandal from a few years back was a reaction to the Rockwall routine. I could be wrong, but the media used Rockwall footage as broll during their reporting, but I don't remember Rockwall having anything to do with that case.
Anyway, here's my opinion (not necessarily the opinion of the judges or the public or even the official opinion of NCA):
- This routine didn't seem blatantly inappropriate. I agree with what someone said earlier (and its something we tell customers when they ask) that each individual component is rather innocent, but combining the music with the choreography with the performance and I'd call it borderline.
- The letters strategically placed on the bloomers don't bother me because it happens so fast. There isn't a delayed, drawn out emphasis on their backside. The intent seemed pure and not sexual in nature.
- On the other end of that, the booty poppin section of the dance IS delayed and drawn out for too long. It could stand to be cut by 2 to 4 counts.
so you have no problem with the "shooting myself in the head" part of the routine at the end? :confused:

so you have no problem with the "shooting myself in the head" part of the routine at the end? :confused:

To be honest, I didn't notice the 'shooting myself in the head' section that you are referring to. I watched it on my iPhone while riding in a car full of people. Once they did the hip pop, I kind of stopped paying attention.

But generally speaking, I'm not a fan of people shooting themselves in the head or acting as if they were...

If judges thought that they heard something inappropriate in the music during the performance, could they request to listen to it afterwards and decide if something is inappropriate for future reference?

If judges thought that they heard something inappropriate in the music during the performance, could they request to listen to it afterwards and decide if something is inappropriate for future reference?
Yes, there have been plenty of instances where the judges thought they heard something inappropriate but, before addressing it on the scoresheet, asked to hear it again to verify the lyrics.

Back