All-Star Nca's Appropriate Choreography Reminder

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are you talking about the Rockwall video? If so I must be blind because I have watched it several times and still haven't seen this part.

ETA: Nevermind I just realized it was in the cheer part. Not sure how I completely missed that every time.
It's at the end of the cheer

I kept missing that part lol. I was looking for it in the dance oppsie.
I wonder if you're not the only one..although the whole routine is rather butt-centric. Considering that part, the music, and the amount of times they booty pop..yeah. I can see why a school wouldn't want a routine highlighting a woman's...assets to be the message they deliver about their school lol

Now this is a perfect example of how much disagreement there would be on this. The music I was sitting here like :eek:...but the dance looked an awful lot like my daughter's first allstar dance - as a matter of fact she did WAY more "booty popping" than that. I didn't really see the dance as that different than most I see? Now the music I would be giving deductions all over the place.

I have to agree with kingston though - I was absolutely FLOORED at the gun part at the end. Who would put that in a CHEER routine?!?!?!?!?!?!?:eek::eek:
Especially considering that Texas mom (in the early nineties) who shot her daughter's rival's mother, thinking it would help get her daughter on the squad.

I remember this dance stirred up so much controversy that the Texas Government was involved...

"...a girl walked in with an itty bitty waist that round thing your face you get sprung!".....:oops: do they realize what that's referring to??

It's really a shame b/c this team is very good at the high school level, but I hadn't even noticed til just now b/c I was so enthralled by the dance/music (not in a good way either).

"...a girl walked in with an itty bitty waist that round thing your face you get sprung!".....:oops: do they realize what that's referring to??

It's really a shame b/c this team is very good at the high school level, but I hadn't even noticed til just now b/c I was so enthralled by the dance/music (not in a good way either).
Every time I here 'turn me on' in a song I'm like...Did we suddenly forget what that phrase MEANS?

I think that in the allstar world, everyone seems much older then they actually are. Choreographers need to remember that a youth cheerleader is still 9 years old, even though she looks much older in the makeup and half-top. Between the big hair, makeup, skimpy uniforms, spray tans and glitter the age appropriateness gets thrown out the window.

I remember this dance stirred up so much controversy that the Texas Government was involved...

Well from the words on the booty, I knew they were in trouble from the start.
It's so sad that's high school. Somewhere there is someone on a school faculty that encouraged that.
Maybe I'm overthinking it but I'm still a little in shock. :confused:

I am really confused, are the people shocked at the video more shocked about the music or the actual dance (not including the booty letters in the cheer)? If you are shocked at the actual dance itself what do you think about 75% of the allstar dances out there today?

Something about the dance reminded me of GA Heat Sm Sr 09 which is probably one of my all time favorite dances but they did some booty popping in it but it wasn't overboard.

I go to a school where we weren't even allowed to do this dance in partner pairs because it looks like two girls dancing together and therefore, it's too scandalous. Even after we changed some of the choreography. Yup, my coach is THAT conservative.

You know, it's usually the girls doing the inappropriate moves- obvious issue of their being more girl cheerleaders aside- and not the boys? Boys aren't choreographed in a lot of hip thrusting, thigh spreading, booty popping as the girls are..Even in a coed routine, where there are more guys, there are less moves done highlighting THEIR...bodies as there are moves for girls.

Actually- I do think dance moves have gotten more risque as the years have gone on..If I showed someone what some of these junior, youth and mini teams do (All minors, keep in mind. Heck, most senior team kids are minors!), their eyes would bug out. Sad to say, but this sort of thing IS how stereotypes develop. WE think it's 'fierce', but I also wonder how many world-winning routines had girls doing REALLY inappropriate routines. Or even semi-inappropriate. Rays, WC, and even TG (who can get a little out-there with the uniforms), have all won worlds multiple times without anybody really emphasizing anything inappropriate. 'Cause maybe you don't NEED to in order to have a good dance..or win.

I am really confused, are the people shocked at the video more shocked about the music or the actual dance (not including the booty letters in the cheer)? If you are shocked at the actual dance itself what do you think about 75% of the allstar dances out there today?

Something about the dance reminded me of GA Heat Sm Sr 09 which is probably one of my all time favorite dances but they did some booty popping in it but it wasn't overboard.
The music for me..but that particular music combined w/the dancing is kinda just icing on the cake. Had it been to a completely different mix of music, I don't think I'd be as shocked. The music makes the connotations of the dance appear more lewd, if that makes sense? I can see how other parents would be bothered by the dance. I referenced my father bc he actually knows the lyrics to all of those songs and if he saw that performance, the music combined w/the dance would make him uncomfortable.

The music for me..but that particular music combined w/the dancing is kinda just icing on the cake. Had it been to a completely different mix of music, I don't think I'd be as shocked. The music makes the connotations of the dance appear more lewd, if that makes sense? I can see how other parents would be bothered by the dance. I referenced my father bc he actually knows the lyrics to all of those songs and if he saw that performance, the music combined w/the dance would make him uncomfortable.

I agree, the music with the dance is what makes it over the top. The dance without the music is pretty normal and tame but you add in the music and it gives it a completely different feel.

Back