All-Star New Rules Released Today?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Anyone know when the final set of rules, for 2012-2013 season, will be available?

No. They were supposed to be out last Monday, but Les Stella let us know they'd be delayed. He didn't give any indication of how long the delay would be.

Any word on when? That Monday that they were supposed to come out was about 3 Monday's ago

I haven't asked and haven't been told. I'm one of the only people that hopes they don't come out for a while because once they come out I'll get a million questions about them, whereas right now the only question I get is when are they coming, plus if they come out this week I have to change the presentation I'm giving this weekend.

For the record, the Monday Les said they would come out was only 8 days ago.

The age grids were just released: http://usasfrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/USASF-Age-Grid-12-13-Rev-5-17-12.pdf

Note the last line: The USASF is still evaluating options to address the concerns of Small Gyms (75 athletes or less).

So... they're trying to take into account small gyms' concerns about the minimum age for senior teams. Any thoughts?
Looking for clarification if anyone can help - in regards to cross overs it says for this coming season athletes can do a total of 3 teams. Current team plus 2 additional. Does this include dance teams in the same program as well??

Looking for clarification if anyone can help - in regards to cross overs it says for this coming season athletes can do a total of 3 teams. Current team plus 2 additional. Does this include dance teams in the same program as well??
ANd nevermind apparently I don't know how to continue reading the document. Ahhh I need coffee.

I keep seeing the highlighted areas on Jr age 14-under. Is that a change? I know I am new and have been living under a "no cheer" rock until a year ago but I thought that was already the age???

I keep seeing the highlighted areas on Jr age 14-under. Is that a change? I know I am new and have been living under a "no cheer" rock until a year ago but I thought that was already the age???

There used to be a separation between Junior all girl and coed teams. Now there's not (except level 5).

What is all star prep?

A non-standard division (basically EPs get to determine what constitutes AS prep - could be defined as half year teams or teams with limited practice time) that is like an all star rec category. I find it interesting that routines are limited to 2 minutes in this division. I wonder why - I'm assuming score sheets will remain the same, so teams in this division will have to do the same skills in a shorter amount of time? Interesting.

A non-standard division (basically EPs get to determine what constitutes AS prep - could be defined as half year teams or teams with limited practice time) that is like an all star rec category. I find it interesting that routines are limited to 2 minutes in this division. I wonder why - I'm assuming score sheets will remain the same, so teams in this division will have to do the same skills in a shorter amount of time? Interesting.
so what level / age / etc .... I found it vague and since I was not involved in all star last year maybe i'm just out of the loop

Back