All-Star New Rules Released Today?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No. 5 under General Safety is going to affect a lot of teams at big comps held in the convention centers and arenas. Worlds especially. Does concrete still count if it's carpeted???

So those practicing early morning at worlds in the fields when they are wet - no go; but later in the day - ok.

No. 5 under General Safety is going to affect a lot of teams at big comps held in the convention centers and arenas. Worlds especially. Does concrete still count if it's carpeted???

Those general ones that apply to practices... I've always wondered if/when/how they are enforced. If the USASF cannot enforce rules about ages that it has explicitly stated (with consequences attached) about its premier competition, how on earth can they enforce whether athletes practice on proper surfaces?

Those general ones that apply to practices... I've always wondered if/when/how they are enforced. If the USASF cannot enforce rules about ages that it has explicitly stated (with consequences attached) about its premier competition, how on earth can they enforce whether athletes practice on proper surfaces?

They will be "forgiving" and ignore it probably. They gotta be consistent in something.

That isn't a change from 2011-12. They just didn't unbold the number.
Ah ok. If they've just let it slide, why not just get rid of it altogether? While I'm not against the spirit of the safety aspect of the rule, I also understand it's hard to expect teams to prepare in ONLY the warm-up area.

With the exception of Worlds, the EPs enforce the USASF rules at their events. They may hire a USASF certified person to help, but the final call is left to the EPs. I've worked for EPs that have given penalties for teams that were warming up on concrete and I've worked for EPs that have ignored just about every rule in the book.

Andre any word on what flipping is? As it relates to level 4 release moves.

I know that going from non inverted and passing through inverted and finishing non inverted would be flipping, what about just inverted to non inverted or is it any rotation on the x axis even if it's going from non inverted to non inverted without passing through inverted

With the current wording you could toss from a handstand to an extended handstand, since there is no flipping

Andre any word on what flipping is? As it relates to level 4 release moves.

I know that going from non inverted and passing through inverted and finishing non inverted would be flipping, what about just inverted to non inverted or is it any rotation on the x axis even if it's going from non inverted to non inverted without passing through inverted

Flipping is going from non-inverted, through inverted, to non-inverted. Inverted to non-inverted is not considered a flip and if you never go inverted it's not considered a flip.

Back