All-Star New Uniform Design Opinions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love this! I think that it should be NO mystique, or only the red stripes in mystique. As for the skirt, the front and back should match, with the white middle and the blue and red on the sides (matching up with the blue and red on the top). I can't stand when the back of the uniform is a different color, because it looks so odd when some people are turned around and the rest aren't. Other than those two things, I think this is a stunning and classic uniform that will suit all body types and ages.

personally the red lines on the shoulder are distracting as well as on the skirt try running them vertically along the seams so it goes blue red white red blue again and making it flat similar to the nor cal skirt
189880_1445205790223_1835509299_840352_7402870_n.jpg

Thanks for all your comments I really appreciate them :) I was uncertain about the back of the skirt and also the shoulder lines. I was wondering if having the blue on the shoulders was too much and whether it should be white. The only advantage to having the back of the skirt a solid colour is that if they accidentally sit in something, even the tiniest thing will show up on the white, whereas on the blue it is less likely to. Although I take your point about it creasing etc...

I am waiting to hear back from a couple of other companies, I'll see what they design for us, and then let you all loose on it ;)

Thanks for all your comments I really appreciate them :) I was uncertain about the back of the skirt and also the shoulder lines. I was wondering if having the blue on the shoulders was too much and whether it should be white. The only advantage to having the back of the skirt a solid colour is that if they accidentally sit in something, even the tiniest thing will show up on the white, whereas on the blue it is less likely to. Although I take your point about it creasing etc...

I am waiting to hear back from a couple of other companies, I'll see what they design for us, and then let you all loose on it ;)

Have them wear warmup pants until they head back for warmups, then they put the skirts on. As soon as they come off the floor-skirts come off, warmup pants go back on.

the only thing that bugs me is that shoulders the red just looks weird IMO..

i like the white ontop the arms and a dark color on bottom its going to give good contrast when you have a clean motion section!
i would leave the red on the sleeve and put the same outline of red on this wrist..

you should make the back of the skirt white too. they really won't get stains on it; even our mini team has white skirts and none of them have stained their skirts.

I really appreciated all your suggestions about the first design, I have just had this one back and I really like it, simple, clean but effective. Since you guys came up with some very valid opinions about the other, such as the mystique on the back of the skirt I wondered what your critique of this would be. I think I prefer the round neck to the V neck but I'm wondering if the skirt is just a bit too plain. We will have red spankies, do we need something more (in red?) on the skirt?

cometsartwork.jpg
ETA: Oh, and we had our first showcase at the weekend and the girls absolutely ROCKED it :) It was only at our gym as 'entertainment' during a gymnastic and trampolining comp, but it was a really good learning experience for the girls and even in their training kit they looked good :D

Yeah, I think you need at least a little pop of red somewhere... either something similar to what eam1892 said above, or my initial thought was to do a small outline of red around the waist? Hmm idk hard to picture how it will look like just from a drawing haha

I find that a design like that on the top makes girls look extremely overly jacked
maybe not a bad thing, but I've seen some similar (if my memory rings true), and the girls look rather masculine in them.
Cute design, I'd just maybe tone down the shoulder a bit

Wow, lots of responses quickly :) I'm shying away from the red strip as I am a little OCD and I'd have to add one to the top as well. The blue lines from the top go all the way down the side and onto the skirt. Good call on the shoulders, I'll check that one out with the designers.

I would say that if you were going to add red to the skirt either do a small line at the bottom of the skirt so it reflects the neckline and sleeve outlines or put a red "C" for Comets or something clean and simple on the bottom right of the skirt ( on the white part) to give the skirt more proportion in relavance to the red. The Scoop neckline looks good and this uniform is a great draft so far! Like it much better than the first.

Back