All-Star New Venue For Worlds 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I haven't been to Worlds so I'm not really sure what the situation is like in Jostens... it seems like all the complaints about overcrowding are in the Milkhouse though. I know no one wants to have to choose between seeing the "big" teams, but I think it would make an enormous difference if they pulled one of the most popular divisions out of the Milkhouse and put it in Jostens at the same time as another popular division- say, leave Large Senior in the Milkhouse from 6-8pm and put Semi Limited in Jostens also from 6-8pm. Yes, it means you can't see TG AND SE, but it's probably better than getting shut out completely and not seeing either team because the one venue is packed.

I would almost go as far as to say Jostens was close to being as equally crowded as the milkhouse this season for its size. It was unreal. Every time i was in Jostens there was barely room to breathe.

I would also like to say jostens is more inconvenient to be as packed as it was because there are only 2 sets of stairs to the main exit on complete opposite sides of the center. There were just too many people.

I like that it's in a destination city so international teams can use it as vacation as well as a trip to Worlds, also that most cheerleaders stay in the same place, with plenty of practice space and transportation, but otherwise, all I can say is it's always about MONEY. If USASF is pulling huge revenue from Disney, the excessive amount of teams, and the overly crowded venue, then they are most likely going to keep it that way.

I don't like the idea of having it in a different city - I feel like Disneyworld/Orlando is an iconic part of worlds. It would take away from the whole experience!

The crowds also come from the fact that Large Senior is usually one of the last if not the last division to go on. Everyone else that has gone earlier in the day is sitting around watching instead of warming up or eating lunch or what have you. If they put Large Senior earlier, the crowds *might* not be as big, but some people would be upset because they couldn't see them compete. They just need a bigger venue. OR don't oversell. Sheesh, put it outside like in Daytona and it'd even be better than what it is now.
if they put it outside people would go from complaining about seating to complaining about the heat. florida's summer temperatures are miserable.

I would almost go as far as to say Jostens was close to being as equally crowded as the milkhouse this season for its size. It was unreal. Every time i was in Jostens there was barely room to breathe.

I would also like to say jostens is more inconvenient to be as packed as it was because there are only 2 sets of stairs to the main exit on complete opposite sides of the center. There were just too many people.

with workers who would only let you go up one of them and down one of them!

does anyone else think they give out at large bids like crazzyyy? that should def stop... usually the at larges go to the teams who happen to be level 5 but arent good enough for a partial or full. if they decreased that number then that would be awesome, but they care about the 25000 dollars they get from those teams and at large bids

This might be a dumb question, but I've only been to Disney World once, so forgive me if this sounds stupid. LOL But is there a different arena or venue in Disney World they could have it at or at least put some of the divisions at? Since the contract isn't up til 2014 were not going to see a change of location until then, simple as that. But maybe they could have another site on Disney to offset some of the crowd. I get why they do it at Disney World: the park, pretty fair location for a lot of the teams to travel to, lots of touristy things to do when not at the competition, tons of hotels, the weather, etc. Just wish Disney had a bigger venue.
What about that lights camera action show thing in Hollywood studios? I think thats probably the next biggest arena in Disney. Or the Cirque De Soleil Tent.

Ok this is what I have been thinking that adresses a combination of problems we have been discussing on the boards:
-USASF regulates when to start season and when to end it. Let's say gyms can't have tryouts until (at the earliest) May 1st.
- First competition in December
-Last competition in March
-Worlds at end of march.

Why?
-This would limit the # of pointless competitions that no one goes to but maybe like 5 gyms. You know, those competitions where the majority of your teams at your gym are the only ones competing in their division.
-This would make the season a little shorter. Hopefully leading to less injuries.
-less competitions = less bids (hopefully)
-Worlds wouldn't be at the end of semesters for schools. Many people have important tests in high school and college. It's difficult to focus on both.
-Cheerleaders need to have an off-season. This would at least start a 2month off-season. lol. It would be their choice if they want to go to tumbling classes or whatever, as long as it isn't a team class or practice.
- Force the coaches to have their team ready by August since the season ends in March. I feel like it would also weed out bad teams that wouldn't be ready because of other reasons (didn't take summer seriously, coaches didn't prepare them well enough, etc.)

I think this kind of season schedule addresses lots of problems that we have been discussing. I feel like worlds is way too late in the season, too many teams attend it, and our season needs to change. Thoughts?
The season wasn't always this way! It all changed bc of worlds! Back in the day you never saw competitions or seasons lasting until May!! Now a days many teams start competing late November - late April. The normal used to be August/September - March(ish)

The season wasn't always this way! It all changed bc of worlds! Back in the day you never saw competitions or seasons lasting until May!! Now a days many teams start competing late November - late April. The normal used to be August/September - March(ish)
Yes, I understand this. When I cheered, our last competition was in March. It needs to return to that. ASAP

This topic is also being discussed on another thread. I agree, a new venue is in order once the contract runs out with Disney.

bids go by how large the event is? right. . .

buttt i think they should have one at the California Disneyland! :)

also i think this topic is being discussed all around the boards >.< well since USASF flagged all the videos on youtube i hope they see this!

Back