All-Star New Worlds Venue Ideas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Personally I'd LOVE to see it held at AT&T in Dallas. I just think it would be cool to set up 4 floors rotating and the jumbotron would be INSANE!!! However it's not going to go anywhere. They have made adjustments every year I just feel the adjustments are based on the previous season and once they get to the new season it's outgrown their preparations. Who knows what next season will be but just so everyone knows, it's not moving anytime soon.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Is that where the Cowboys play? I think I mentioned that as well last year (or the year before?) It would be awesome to have it all sort of "self contained." All performance floors / warmups, etc.

Clearly there is a demand to go watch, as well as participate. I like that worlds isn't a select few like Champions League or the others like it. But I also love march madness and some of the Cinderella stories, and would be bummed if NCAA only took the top 16 or 8 teams into the tournament.

With the Summit now at Disney, within the next 5 years I would bet a LOT of people would be Disneyed-out.

Personally I'd LOVE to see it held at AT&T in Dallas. I just think it would be cool to set up 4 floors rotating and the jumbotron would be INSANE!!! However it's not going to go anywhere. They have made adjustments every year I just feel the adjustments are based on the previous season and once they get to the new season it's outgrown their preparations. Who knows what next season will be but just so everyone knows, it's not moving anytime soon.

Great! My nephew lives a couple of blocks from there

I have finally figured it out. This is the ideal place for worlds because it has the following
1. A huge arena that seats 16,000+ in stadium style seating
2. It is extremely close to the geographical center of the US, therefore it is an equal pain in the rear for everyone to get there.
3. Small town, so need to worry about any cp's getting lost.
4. Large metropolitan areas nearby for flights and lots of hotels

Where is this amazing place?

Allen Fieldhouse, University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas.

And there is lots of cool stuff to do just check out this link
http://www.downtownlawrence.com/SiteResources/Data/Templates/t1.asp?docid=514&DocName=Home

No need to thank me now, just vote Lawrence, Kansas in 2014
I know this was posted almost three years ago, but this thread popped up and I was re-reading it. I would die if Worlds was held in Lawrence, but I don't think it would be feasible. Allen Fieldhouse is incredible for basketball games, but it's a lot smaller than it looks. Seating wouldn't be an issue, but I don't think the court is big enough for a full sized spring floor. Also there would be no other places to hold competitions so it would all basically just be in there. It'd still be really cool to have in there though. Also putting Worlds in a college town would probably just increase the post-competition partying with all of the frats and very easy to enter college bars there. It would be a hot mess, haha.

KC maybe though? I could see it working there.

But has anybody heard anything related to the USASF contract with Disney or if they are considering a new location? From all of the previous posts I think Anaheim or Las Vegas would be the best options. Or just limiting bids.

There is one thing I would like to address about international teams. There are a lot of teams who are NON USA teams who throw level 5-6 tumbling skills and deserve places in the final example being unity black from the uk in IOC6 they have great tumbling and came 6th off their own backs competing against USA teams. the USA teams make the international teams teams work that much harder with the aim to beat a USA team so don't take that away from them

There is one thing I would like to address about international teams. There are a lot of teams who are NON USA teams who throw level 5-6 tumbling skills and deserve places in the final example being unity black from the uk in IOC6 they have great tumbling and came 6th off their own backs competing against USA teams. the USA teams make the international teams teams work that much harder with the aim to beat a USA team so don't take that away from them

Nobody wants to... If they came in 6th then they're a team that can hold their own. But teams that place dead last in semi finals shouldn't be moving on to finals just because they're the only team from their country while USA teams placing top 5 in semi finals don't get to go to finals because of the "three per country" rule.

as far as location is concerned, what about the largest convention center in the US, the McCormick Place in Chicago? here is a PDF that shows the complete floor plan:
http://www.mccormickplace.com/floor-plans/pdf/mccormick-place-floorplans.pdf

heres an aerial shot of the hotels and the rail system that feed into the convention center. the other aerial shot is of the center and the other major buildings to the north that can possibly be utilized, such as soldier field. not sure what the two in between are. there is also ample amounts of grassy areas and a giant island for the cheerleaders to invade and can temporarily call it Cheer Island.

vexlpf.jpg
Thumbs up on the Chicago idea! Went to a Marketing Convention there in November the same weekend my mom attended ASHA (Speech Language Convention). Both were in the same convention center and both went off flawlessly. Lots of people from all over the U.S. go to ASHA and the Marketing conference I went to was a little smaller but still boasted some large numbers. There's also A LOT to do in Chicago, especially right on that strip.

I have to admit, personally I'm over Disney for competitions as well. I can't deny though that the set up is hard to duplicate anywhere else. Vegas could work, but wouldn't be ideal. Disneyland wouldn't be able to house or shuttle the crowds. I think the best possible solution would be for WWOS to build an arena type building similar to the NCA arena - only allowing seating closer to the floor. I hate how far away the crowd feels at NCA! There is plenty of room at WWOS to construct a new building, and with all they rake in for cheer every year, it should be financially worth while. I'm sure there are plenty of other sports they could house in there the rest of the year. Would that be something that USASF could present to Disney as an idea?

Just like there are US teams that do the same and deserve bids. I in NO WAY said eliminate International bids. I have said (on numerous posts) that IF US bids are going to be limited I think International bids need to be limited as well. International teams are stepping it up, so are US teams. There are teams from all over the World that were sub par (which again is fine with me) and if you look across the World the sub par US teams are better than the sub par International teams. I want it to be fair. How can you say, "US at-large bids eliminated or decreased bc that team didn't throw enough doubles" when there are International teams busting standing bhs? US team doesn't do double ups when International team "X" elite sequence was extension straight cradle? All I'm asking for is fair and don't even get me started on the score sheets!

Is that where the Cowboys play? I think I mentioned that as well last year (or the year before?) It would be awesome to have it all sort of "self contained." All performance floors / warmups, etc.

Clearly there is a demand to go watch, as well as participate. I like that worlds isn't a select few like Champions League or the others like it. But I also love march madness and some of the Cinderella stories, and would be bummed if NCAA only took the top 16 or 8 teams into the tournament.

With the Summit now at Disney, within the next 5 years I would bet a LOT of people would be Disneyed-out.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android[/
URL]

Coming from a Floridian I HATE Disney (My wife is obsessed with Disney lol so I attend regularly) but there are MANY comps at Disney - UCA high school, college, pop warner, Worlds, Summit just to name a few I'm OVER Disney!!!

The Fierce Board App! || [URL=http://goo.gl/NGT1F]iPhone
|| Android[/url]

Nobody wants to... If they came in 6th then they're a team that can hold their own. But teams that place dead last in semi finals shouldn't be moving on to finals just because they're the only team from their country while USA teams placing top 5 in semi finals don't get to go to finals because of the "three per country" rule.
I get what you are saying however if they get rid of that rule more USA teams may got to that level for a chance of winning which makes it unfair to some international teams that do really well I think they should have a minimum score so means that people who are only one from their country but dont meet the minimum score dont go to finals and then if there are lots of teams that dont mkeet that score then drop the 3 per country rule then fill up form other countires that made the score if that makes sense

I get what you are saying however if they get rid of that rule more USA teams may got to that level for a chance of winning which makes it unfair to some international teams that do really well I think they should have a minimum score so means that people who are only one from their country but dont meet the minimum score dont go to finals and then if there are lots of teams that dont mkeet that score then drop the 3 per country rule then fill up form other countires that made the score if that makes sense

So which is more fair: Finalists being determined solely be score, or finalists being determined (in part) by the mailing address of a gym's practice facility?

So which is more fair: Finalists being determined solely be score, or finalists being determined (in part) by the mailing address of a gym's practice facility?

I wish you could open a cheer athletics on the US border with two mailing addresses and an equal number of athletes from both countries. WHAT NOW, USASF?

Also since when is Puerto Rico considered to be its own country?

I wouldn't mind keeping the maximum of 3 per country, but adding a minimum score for finals. Maybe 175 or something around there. Makes the division smaller, but you're not limiting it to top 10 where almost all would be from one country.

Back